Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes on prop 8

16 24.62%
  • No on prop 8

45 69.23%
  • undecided

4 6.15%
    Come again? Did your dumb a** forget to exhale or something? Now who's being ignorant? What I can help you understand is that you have the nerve to question my being an adult and yet you continue to make childish statements such as this. What the h3ll is your problem with me?
    just answer the question golfnut. I don't know why your getting upset.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-16-08 12:11 AM
    How's that going for you? Anyone bite on your ideals yet?
    I was waiting for the Bold and Storm to arrive so I could make the right choice. Soon.
    Actually, yes! My parents (one of which is a pastor 8o) have actually come around. and while they were not educated by me, my great-aunt and uncle have as well after their lesbian daughter (my second cousin) came out to them. I have also talked to friends who have started to see things in a different light. And while others I've talked to may not have accepted things, they had an open mind and we had a healthy discussion about things in which we were both able to understand each others arguements.

This topic was actually brought up in one of my classes as well this past week and many people said that they had never seen things the way I posed them before.

Last edited by niubeav; 11-16-08 at 12:34 AM.
    11-16-08 12:26 AM
    just answer the question golfnut. I don't know why your getting upset.

I'm getting ticked off because you proceed to "call me out" in posts as if this were high school or something. This will be the last one of yours I'll be replying to. I'm done playing games so just keep my name out your mouth.
    11-16-08 12:33 AM
    I'm getting ticked off because you proceed to "call me out" in posts as if this were high school or something. This will be the last one of yours I'll be replying to. I'm done playing games so just keep my name out your mouth.
    Just because someone finds a fault in your argument doesn't mean they're being childish or high school like.

11-16-08 12:36 AM
    Why do you continue to answer for CK ? He's a big boy. He doesn't need your help explaining anything or commenting.Ya know what? No matter because I'm done with him anyways. Do what you will.
    11-16-08 02:10 AM
    I'm not answering for him, just contributing to a conversation. Why do you come and attack me and do the exact same thing you accuse others of?

11-16-08 08:04 AM
    I "call you out" because you make ignorant comments. Just in case you feel picked on you need to realize that most people, not all, will call you out when you make outrageously stupid comments backed by nothing but biggoted arrogance and ignorance.

I can't speak for anyone else here but I'm tired of people like you in this country. Its people like you who keep this country rooted in the past where peoples civil rights were stripped because the color of their skin and/or gender.

I am so glad to see the gays, lesbians and yes STRAIGHT people protesting and boycotting businesses who supoorted 8.

They are human beings who deserve the right to enjoy the freedoms that everyone else enjoys regardless of their sexual orientation. What they do in their bedroom is not my business and it doesn't effect me in any way just as you and your wife does not effect me in anyway. Hey you may like her to use a strap-on that's your business. Who am I to judge that as weird or immoral.

You have outright voted to strip away anothrers civil rights and have blatantly discriminated against them. That does not sit right with me. Nor will it ever.

In the end they will win their rights back.

You still have not answered the question. I suspect you won't either. When faced with simple logic your arrogance and biggotry crumble like the ignorance their built on.

11-16-08 12:17 PM
    Against
    -------------
    11-19-08 07:56 PM
    I'm very much against Prop 8, and have high hopes for the CA Supreme Court to rule against it when it hears the challenges. But mostly, I'm surprised that the majority of people in this forum are against it as well. Thank you for the support!
    11-21-08 12:21 AM
    I really don't understand why its even an issue. There are bigger and more important problems in our country today than something so silly as this. If two women or two men want to get married, let them! Not everyone believes in the bible therefore views of the bible should not be forced upon people.

11-21-08 11:40 AM
    Why is it an issue? why do we really have to vote? I think its a personal choice.
    I voted for.
    PS I didn't know there was so many haters on CB. I thought we're fam....
    11-25-08 07:30 PM
    Maybe I can help. E-Harmony.com is being sued because Gay people demand they include them on their site.
    Now this is a sight for straight people. So instead of them starting a site which I am sure they do have. They need to push their ways where straight people feel comfortable..
    Now this is an example of a agenda that they need to push their beliefs into every aspect of everyones life.
    They run into churches protesting and telling insults. They beat an old woman up on he street.
    I am pretty tolerant till a couple of says ago but they keep pushing and agenda. Gay bashing is going to become a sport.
    Better watch out because pay back is a mother fuker

11-25-08 07:44 PM
    Maybe I can help. E-Harmony.com is being sued because Gay people demand they include them on their site.
    Now this is a sight for straight people. So instead of them starting a site which I am sure they do have. They need to push their ways where straight people feel comfortable..
    Now this is an example of a agenda that they need to push their beliefs into every aspect of everyones life.
    They run into churches protesting and telling insults. They beat an old woman up on he street.
    I am pretty tolerant till a couple of says ago but they keep pushing and agenda. Gay bashing is going to become a sport.

11-25-08 07:52 PM
    Sorry for double post but this BB is nbot working right.

11-25-08 07:53 PM
    I hear today that a poll indicates that 8% of those who voted for Prop 8 now change their minds. Since the Prop won by less than 5%, it would seem that now the Prop would go down to defeat.

Primary reason for those with a change of heart is that they didn't realize they would be taking away rights from people.
    11-25-08 08:38 PM

Really? Really? Do you know how much the straight population has forced its views onto us? Until 2003, our relationships were considered against the law in some states. You are generalizing a whole population by the acts of one or two people. Do you know how idiotic you sound? At that your BB posted this twice just adds insult to injury.

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but so what, an old lady got bruised a little bit. I don't condone this, but have you ever heard of Matthew Sheppard? He was KILLED, yes, KILLED by a bunch of straight people because he was gay. I suppose you support this then?

Just because we are attracted to the same sex doesn't make us any less of a person. We deserve all the same rights and privilages as heterosexual couples. Get your mind out of the 1920s and join the new millenium.

11-25-08 08:41 PM
    If you parents feel your kids will be "tainted" by learning about alternative lifestyles then its your fault for not teaching them what you want them to believe, not the schools job for doing what they are told to do.

11-26-08 04:46 PM
    Prop 8 went through and I for one hope it stays in place. It surprises me that the poll hasn't reflected the state's position. Maybe it will even out a bit soon.
    11-26-08 07:16 PM
    Prop 8 went through and I for one hope it stays in place. It surprises me that the poll hasn't reflected the state's position. Maybe it will even out a bit soon.
    We get it...you hate gay people...and you're glad Prop 8 went through. So stop it. Why do you continually state your opinion again and again? Geeze. Try and educate yourself and walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I want to vote against your right to marry. And I hope that sticks as well. I want your love as invalidated as mine based on your sexual orientation. I wish you could understand the pain and emotional struggle it takes to live as an open and out gay person in this country with all the bigots like yourself.

Go find a gay person, I know you know some, and tell them to their face that you voted against their right to be happy. Can you do it?
    11-26-08 07:25 PM
    We get it...you hate gay people...and you're glad Prop 8 went through. So stop it. Why do you continually state your opinion again and again? Geeze. Try and educate yourself and walk a mile in someone else's shoes. I want to vote against your right to marry. And I hope that sticks as well. I want your love as invalidated as mine based on your sexual orientation. I wish you could understand the pain and emotional struggle it takes to live as an open and out gay person in this country with all the bigots like yourself.

Go find a gay person, I know you know some, and tell them to their face that you voted against their right to be happy. Can you do it?
    Hey niubeav, Happy Thanksgiving. I don't hate anyone at all. I wish you and yours happy holidays.
    11-26-08 08:06 PM
    Hey niubeav, Happy Thanksgiving. I don't hate anyone at all. I wish you and yours happy holidays.
    Yet you voted for Prop 8.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.
    11-26-08 08:09 PM
    Yet you voted for Prop 8.

Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes.
    Yes I did. However, that doesn't mean I am filled with hate. Anyway, I meant the previous post, Niubeav. Enjoy the food and watch the Cowboys beat up the Seahawks!
    11-26-08 08:24 PM
    Yes I did. However, that doesn't mean I am filled with hate. Anyway, I meant the previous post, Niubeav. Enjoy the food and watch the Cowboys beat up the Seahawks!
    How can you say you don't hate gay people and vote for prop 8? You don't make any sense!

But anywho....

Eh...don't watch football. Never got it. Only thing great about it is the hot men in tight pants....yum...

Thanksgiving isn't about football. Its about being thankful for everything that I've been blessed with.
    11-26-08 08:30 PM
    How can you say you don't hate gay people and vote for prop 8? You don't make any sense!

But anywho....

Eh...don't watch football. Never got it. Only thing great about it is the hot men in tight pants....yum...

Thanksgiving isn't about football. Its about being thankful for everything that I've been blessed with.
    Ok, ok. lol So if I'm understanding you correctly, you feel that all those who voted for it hate gay people? That is not true. I think you're reading a little too deep into this whole thing. By the way, football on Thanksgiving is right up there with pumpkin pie!
    11-26-08 08:54 PM
    Ok, ok. lol So if I'm understanding you correctly, you feel that all those who voted for it hate gay people? That is not true. I think you're reading a little too deep into this whole thing. By the way, football on Thanksgiving is right up there with pumpkin pie!
    I just don't see how you can justify liking gay people and voting against their rights to be happy. Doesn't make one iota of sense to me.

But anywho....LOL.....right...cause the Pilgrims had football. Sports are sooooo overrated. Now the arts..now that takes some serious talent. I'd rather listen to some Don Giovanni and give thanks for everything I'm blessed with rather than watch some over aggressive athletes with anger management issues beat each other up over a ball.
    11-26-08 09:00 PM
353 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD