Dunno why people ryt lik dis...
    If you're gonna say something, say it like you mean it, Or just don't say anything....

I realize that at some point, we've all gone through the phase of texting in just about the laziest fashion. And you do it becuase it seems to be perfectly ok, everyone else does it any way and it's not like they cannot understand what it is that you are trying to say.

Wrong!

It's very difficult to take someone serious who couldn't be bothered to properly convey the intended message. Before you know it, these things creeps into general communication, like emails. The kind that you send and expect to be taken serious.

I've been guilty of this crime myself, way back, and I mean way back. We've all done it, regardless of whether it's just with a few words, or as a constant force of habit every single time you put hands to keyboard.

So, what has become of putting in a little effort when wanting to say something and actually hoping that those who read what you've said can, or will be able to take what you've put to paper in a serious manner?
    andy957 likes this.
    08-06-12 07:15 AM
    Well I think it started in chat rooms, IM and texting, texting was a big one, limited in how much you can type and now there is twitter. I think it moved on from there to anything that doesn't seem important but you're right people then forget or get lazy when it should count.

I think a forum fits the doesn't really count category but sometimes I have a hard time reading some because I never got the decoder ring.
    louzer likes this.
    08-06-12 07:29 AM
    I try my best to keep my typings proper.

Bbm is where I sometimes get lazy.

The reason for my laziness (which isn't often) is when people don't understand the simplest of things that we're talking about.

With one bbm contact, this happens so often we have agreed that when I type just 'C' it means I am confused....may sound strange to some but just imagine typing the word "Confused' upto 10 times an hour at times.

Anyway brb & ttyl....my lunch is done
    08-06-12 07:40 AM
    Eye dnt no wut u meen
    louzer likes this.
    08-06-12 09:29 AM
    Dunno why people ryt lik dis...
    If you're gonna say something, say it like you mean it, Or just don't say anything....

I realize that at some point, we've all gone through the phase of texting in just about the laziest fashion. And you do it becuase it seems to be perfectly ok, everyone else does it any way and it's not like they cannot understand what it is that you are trying to say.

Wrong!

It's very difficult to take someone serious who couldn't be bothered to properly convey the intended message. Before you know it, these things creeps into general communication, like emails. The kind that you send and expect to be taken serious.

I've been guilty of this crime myself, way back, and I mean way back. We've all done it, regardless of whether it's just with a few words, or as a constant force of habit every single time you put hands to keyboard.

So, what has become of putting in a little effort when wanting to say something and actually hoping that those who read what you've said can, or will be able to take what you've put to paper in a serious manner?
    This is one of the best posts I've ever read. I have NEVER understood why people spell you, "yu", or say they'll be there, "l8er". It's all ridiculous. Honestly, how much time are you saving by eliminating a vowel. C'mon people.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-06-12 10:41 AM
    This is one of the best posts I've ever read. I have NEVER understood why people spell you, "yu", or say they'll be there, "l8er". It's all ridiculous. Honestly, how much time are you saving by eliminating a vowel. C'mon people.
    Just reminded me when some write a slang word that's longer than the actual word.

Example: A friend, she writes ' thru' for 'though'. I asked, why not just say 'tho' if you would like to shorten that word ?

She didn't see the point and she was the sperm that won, what were the others like
    08-06-12 10:50 AM
    Alfermentive.
    08-06-12 01:50 PM
    Just reminded me when some write a slang word that's longer than the actual word.

Example: A friend, she writes ' thru' for 'though'. I asked, why not just say 'tho' if you would like to shorten that word ?

She didn't see the point and she was the sperm that won, what were the others like
    I don't know, but if she won, they definitely need more chlorine in that gene pool.
    andy957 likes this.
    08-06-12 01:53 PM
    I don't know, but if she won, they definitely need more chlorine in that gene pool.
    Laugh My A$$ Off
    08-06-12 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD