I have always owned the most recent phone/technology out. Prior to my bbry, I was a Treo700wx person. At first, I never understood the "hype" about bbrys and thought the extra $$ charged each month for bbry services was ridiculous!! After many, many months of frustration with my Treo 700wx I converted bc I HATED the Windows OS & problems I had w/it.

I reluctantly switched to a Pearl in Jan. 08. Initially, I was not happy about the bbry fees, but I fell in love quickly with my Pearl and soon forgot about the extra $$!! I Loved it! Then, once the Curve was announced by Sprint I bought it the 1st weekend online and have been a proud Curve owner for almost 2 wks now!

I read CB.com, news, etc. while I am in bed. The problem is: I find myself waking up in the middle of the night (3am or 4am) with my Curve STILL in my hand!! Obviously, I fell asleep while reading something too interesting to put my cherished Curve down...BUT then I wake up and continue to read and see what has been happening SINCE I fell asleep!! It keeps me up for another 30 to 45 minutes!!

A question to all of the self admitted addicts out there...Is this the beginning stages??

Help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-24-08 11:41 PM
    Yep! Welcome to the club!

05-24-08 11:49 PM
    For sure another addict in the making! lol
    Welcome to CB!
    05-24-08 11:50 PM
    OMG, I do this EXACT same thing! As a matter of fact I just woke up and grabbed Pearly from under my pillow to see what I'm missing!!

You are not an addict "in the making"! You are a full blown addict!

05-24-08 11:56 PM
    Hear Hear, long live the Crack!!!!!!!!
    05-25-08 12:14 AM
    You mean you actually sleep?!? Hmm, I'll have to try that out.
    05-25-08 12:17 AM
    Sounds like my last few days. I have only had my BB for a few days

05-25-08 12:22 AM
    No, its bad when you turn away from your wife, hide under the covers to kill the screen light and try to lightly type on the keyboard so she doesn't hear it. Then when you get busted, throw it under your pillow. LMAO
    05-25-08 01:00 AM
    I love my Berry, best thing ever.

05-25-08 01:53 AM
    Welcome to the club!

05-25-08 09:35 AM
    Welcome HW2008 to CB! I think u gonna make a good addict..
    05-25-08 09:44 AM
    Put the Berry DOWN!.....Who am I kidding! Embrace the addictions! Welcome Playa!
    05-25-08 09:48 AM
    Welcome to CB! Yes you're an addict! I switched from my Treo700wx 2 weeks ago when Verizon released the Curve, and I did the exact same thing! My BB is more attached to me than my purse - LOL!
    05-25-08 09:49 AM
    No, it's not a problem. But yes, it is an addiction. A very good addiction.

05-25-08 11:46 AM
    Well its good to know I'm among "friends" aka "other addicts"... I was starting to think I HAD a problem!?!? Ha, ha!

05-25-08 12:35 PM
    You mean you actually sleep?!? Hmm, I'll have to try that out.
    Seriously, it's a problem... I DON'T sleep that much! I spend WAAAAY too much time on my Blackberry when I should be sleeping! My husband thinks I am insane! (He just might have a point!)

I sometimes do my best "Crackberry-ing" while laying in bed trying to be quiet so I don't wake my hubby! I've mastered the hiding-under-the-covers-typing-lightly, CJH315!!

"Hi, my name is Paige and I am a Blackberry addict". Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!
    05-25-08 10:18 PM
    Glad to see I'm not the only addict!
    05-26-08 07:33 PM
    it only gets worse from here.just wait until you start driving when you could fly.but you cant because the withdrawals would be too intense.
    05-26-08 08:03 PM
    Seriously, it's a problem... I DON'T sleep that much! I spend WAAAAY too much time on my Blackberry when I should be sleeping! My husband thinks I am insane! (He just might have a point!)

I sometimes do my best "Crackberry-ing" while laying in bed trying to be quiet so I don't wake my hubby! I've mastered the hiding-under-the-covers-typing-lightly, CJH315!!

"Hi, my name is Paige and I am a Blackberry addict". Ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

Thats way to funny. I catch myself doing the exact same thing and the wife goes extremely nuts. She actually threatend to throw my curve out the window the other night!!
    05-26-08 08:38 PM
    I chose the 7100t over the palm. I had a hard time with the format rather than the price (gas was cheap then). I got rid of my bb and took pn a regular phone. About two weeks ago i broke down and bought a curve. I am very happy with it and am currently going through the routine of looking for applications and accessories to buy. Now T-Mobile is going to have the newer version in a few months. I know my addiction enough to know that I will probably buy it once it comes out. BBs are my new drug of choice.
    05-26-08 09:59 PM
    I bought a curve 5 days ago and I find no need to speak any longer. I just sms, msg & email. I was a recovering crackberry addict from the original days. I was clean for about 5 years... then it happened... I gave in, and I bought a curve. I haven't slept for more than a few hours at a time & when I wake up I have a CB imprint somewhere on my upper body. I don't even want to quit.

05-28-08 02:18 AM
    Blackberry... It's a way of life.. You can take away my dignity.. But don't ever touch my Berry! Lol! JK

05-28-08 11:29 AM
    LOL @ CKH315, pashan,& jpnh23 when my Hubby catches me blanket-texting he attempts to confiscate my BB. I told him he will need an army of the guys with the butterfly nets to make me part with my BB.;p

-in my best Spartan cry- "long live the CrackBerry addict!"

05-28-08 11:36 AM
    I'm addicted to smartphones, no particular brand. It started with my Sidcekick 2, and it's limitless texting, IMing, and emailing. Then I got a Treo 700p, and it got worse. I could install so many programs! Now I have a multitasking smartphone via my 8320, and it just got deeper. I think I'm sticking with the BB camp, now, even if apps cost an arm and a leg, and the PIM isn't as good as my Treo. As a whole it's a superior device, imo, with custom themes as icing on the cake

Although I wish the keys weren't loud enough to wake the dead...
    05-28-08 11:59 AM
    Thats way to funny. I catch myself doing the exact same thing and the wife goes extremely nuts. She actually threatend to throw my curve out the window the other night!!
    i have told mine if she throws it shes gone
    05-28-08 12:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD