A lot of site offer "Premium" or "V.I.P." memberships which members pay a one time or yearly fee for. Or something along the lines.
    I think Crackberry.com as an established website should do the same.
    Usually there are perks to being a member. Such as a hidden board just for the premium members, a distinguished colored name, a different user title & image.
    Also you can give the Premium members let's say 15% off products in the crackberry shop.
    Or limited free themes.
    I think it would be a good idea for the forum and would give us members a chance to give something back to this site.
    I love it here and would be first in line for a Premium Membership or whatever you'd call it .

Please reply if you'd feel the same as members!
    07-13-08 04:07 PM
    I don't. That is the one thing that separates CB from
    other forums. With all the BS that crops up because
    of statuses, throwing paid membership vs free would be
    IMHO be an absolute nightmare.

As to the colors, and private board, again no.
    That also separates CB from others forums. What
    we discuss, we discuss together. Want to talk about
    it privately, PM the person (s).

Titles and colors, just more "badges" that the premiums
    can lord over the non-premium users. No thank you
    07-13-08 04:23 PM
    I don't. That is the one thing that separates CB from
    other forums. With all the BS that crops up because
    of statuses, throwing paid membership vs free would be
    IMHO be an absolute nightmare.

As to the colors, and private board, again no.
    That also separates CB from others forums. What
    we discuss, we discuss together. Want to talk about
    it privately, PM the person (s).

Titles and colors, just more "badges" that the premiums
    can lord over the non-premium users. No thank you
    I agree 100 percent! This is a great forum. In my opinion, those types of changes would ruin this forum.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 04:42 PM
    There are a lot of members that would walk away from a forum if that happened. Also you might looses a lot of talent by doing that. There are many knowledge people here.

07-13-08 04:51 PM
    Well in that case I suggest a donate button. I want to give back some how.
    07-13-08 05:50 PM
    Well in that case I suggest a donate button. I want to give back some how.

I personally think the way you give something back is by helping the next person out!! So may questions everyday. New members that need help!!
    07-13-08 06:14 PM
    I do give back, I've made a website and offer BlackBerry compatible videos to people for free.
    07-13-08 06:42 PM
    It looks like you mean well, FT. I don't think it is ever a good idea to mess with success. Remember New Coke.

07-13-08 06:49 PM
    A lot of site offer "Premium" or "V.I.P." memberships which members pay a one time or yearly fee for. Or something along the lines.
    I think Crackberry.com as an established website should do the same.
    Usually there are perks to being a member. Such as a hidden board just for the premium members, a distinguished colored name, a different user title & image.
    Also you can give the Premium members let's say 15% off products in the crackberry shop.
    Or limited free themes.
    I think it would be a good idea for the forum and would give us members a chance to give something back to this site.
    I love it here and would be first in line for a Premium Membership or whatever you'd call it .

Please reply if you'd feel the same as members!
    Oh, you mean you weren't invited when we set that up six months ago?

To me, the best thing about CB is that it's open to everyone, and those who know something about stuff can help those who know nothing. The world of BB is big and complicated enough that there are very few people who know everything; and this forum lets the people who know about, say, bluetooth headsets help those who come in and need help on bluetooth headsets. So, learn something, and pass it on! (And pass the rice to the next person whose BB falls in the swimming pool.)
    07-13-08 06:57 PM
    Does buying stuff from the store give a cut to CB if so that is a way to support fiancially.

07-13-08 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD