Hi guys,

I want to vent a bit here about Australia Post. Because a phone has a lithium battery, they won't accept the device for Express Post (which is our next day delivery by air service). Instead the item has to go via Parcel Post (road).

The distance from Perth (where the item is posted) to me in Brisbane is 2,701 miles by road. The driving distance from LA to NYC is about the same at 2,778 miles.

How long does USPS take to deliver a package from LA to NYC - if it has to go by road? Here it's 6 working days. My item was posted Monday morning (and they count Tuesday as Day 1) so I'm not expecting it until Tuesday next week.

I wonder how many mail/delivery planes have been downed by lithium batteries lately? Or is it a myth like the GPS navigation issues some airlines propogate?
    05-31-13 01:12 AM
    I sent my mom a package to CA from NC Monday. She received it Thursday...

* OREO Z10 *
    05-31-13 01:25 AM
    Mythbusters did a show on that and it turned out to be a false claim. Why did you tell them you were sending a phone in the first place? Go back and tell them it's a vibrator and have a couple of D size batteries in your hand and say "I already took the batteries out".

I'm sure they will let it through with no questions asked.

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    05-31-13 09:00 PM
    Mythbusters did a show on that and it turned out to be a false claim. Why did you tell them you were sending a phone in the first place? Go back and tell them it's a vibrator and have a couple of D size batteries in your hand and say "I already took the batteries out".

I'm sure they will let it through with no questions asked.

10,000th word that came to mind on CB...
    Yeah, it wasn't me that sent it. I wouldn't have told them, probably..
    05-31-13 10:12 PM