Roe - very nice. Major ownage right there. MAJOR!!!!
    Lol Thanks Heavy.
    03-16-09 06:07 PM
    i hate uncreative tattoos.
    See, right there you miss the point again. There is no such think as an "uncreative tattoo" as you put it. There are only good tattoos or bad tattoos and I am referring to the quality of the work when I say this. The ankh on my back is a representation of a bad tattoo, in my opinion. I love it because my wife designed it and I love what it represents, but the quality of the work is sub par when compared to the others that I have. The artist was bearing down too hard and actually caused scaring on my back when he did it. He was just too inexperienced.

All tattoos have some meaning behind them, as I said before, and all tattoos are creative. Even if it is a piece of flash picked out from a wall it is still meaningful and creative. It is creative because someone had to come up with the original design in the first place. That is art and it takes creativity and skill to create it. It is meaningful to whomever has it applied to their body. Like I said before, it is also meaningful to them in some way. It represents something or there is a reason behind the person getting it.

Every tattoo tells a story, that is what makes them so incredible. The part that you don't understand is that that story may not be easily read by everyone that sees it. Take my poker tattoo for example. The card suites and the jokers are from the actual deck we were playing with when I won my big hand. The suites that are showing are in the order they were when I laid the cards down (I had four of a kind in that hand) and there is even a reference to how much money was in the last pot and my total winnings for the whole game as well as the number of people I was playing against. It is all there, but you have to look deeper or ask questions about the individual work to get the full story.

Now I am not saying that I have never looked a tattoo and thought, "Wow, that is just stupid!", but I keep in mind that everyone has a reason behind the ink that they get and I don't judge them for what they have. Just like I don't judge you for not having important events in your life immortalized in ink.
    Last edited by roeod4; 03-16-09 at 06:27 PM.
    03-16-09 06:25 PM
    lol No offense taken. I am comfortable enough in my manhood and hetero status that something being feminine is not a concern to me. Look at my avatar, you cannot imagine the number of guys that have sent me PMs telling me how "purty" I am. I am sure that many people on here think I am female because of that and none of them have stopped to think that it might be my wife.
    I bet you did, hahaha, i was wondering that!
    03-16-09 06:41 PM
    I bet you did, hahaha, i was wondering that!
    Personally, I find it hilarious.
    03-16-09 06:47 PM
    So do I, haha...
    03-16-09 06:48 PM
    tattoos are an expression on someones feelings. it could be pointless to someone but mean the world to another. so to judge someone on there tattoo is just plain ignorant!
    03-16-09 06:56 PM
    I have pics, but I don't feel like posting them now. I have four tattoos:
    - Egyptian Ankh/Gothic Cross hybrid on my left bicep
    - Tribal sun with a pentagram inside the sun on my right bicep
    - The constellation Orion on my right forearm
    - The constellation Scorpius on my left forearm

This Friday, I'm getting flames tattooed on the rest of my forearms. The design will be similar to that of Chester Bennington's from Linkin Park.

Edited for spelling.
    Last edited by jurt; 03-16-09 at 07:25 PM.
    03-16-09 07:22 PM
    See, right there you miss the point again. There is no such think as an "uncreative tattoo" as you put it. There are only good tattoos or bad tattoos and I am referring to the quality of the work when I say this. The ankh on my back is a representation of a bad tattoo, in my opinion. I love it because my wife designed it and I love what it represents, but the quality of the work is sub par when compared to the others that I have. The artist was bearing down too hard and actually caused scaring on my back when he did it. He was just too inexperienced.

All tattoos have some meaning behind them, as I said before, and all tattoos are creative. Even if it is a piece of flash picked out from a wall it is still meaningful and creative. It is creative because someone had to come up with the original design in the first place. That is art and it takes creativity and skill to create it. It is meaningful to whomever has it applied to their body. Like I said before, it is also meaningful to them in some way. It represents something or there is a reason behind the person getting it.

Every tattoo tells a story, that is what makes them so incredible. The part that you don't understand is that that story may not be easily read by everyone that sees it. Take my poker tattoo for example. The card suites and the jokers are from the actual deck we were playing with when I won my big hand. The suites that are showing are in the order they were when I laid the cards down (I had four of a kind in that hand) and there is even a reference to how much money was in the last pot and my total winnings for the whole game as well as the number of people I was playing against. It is all there, but you have to look deeper or ask questions about the individual work to get the full story.

Now I am not saying that I have never looked a tattoo and thought, "Wow, that is just stupid!", but I keep in mind that everyone has a reason behind the ink that they get and I don't judge them for what they have. Just like I don't judge you for not having important events in your life immortalized in ink.

i know people that just wanted to get a tat just to get it. not for a significant reason. my tattoo represents my entire life not just one event that was relevant. dont be an ignorant ****. *******!
    go play some cards. loser.
    03-16-09 07:44 PM
    i know people that just wanted to get a tat just to get it. not for a significant reason. my tattoo represents my entire life not just one event that was relevant. dont be an ignorant ****. *******!
    You have too much time on your hands to be getting your panties in a bunch over whether other people get tattoos with deep spiritual meaning. Who cares?! To each their own.
    03-16-09 08:00 PM
    Ha Ha Ha! You make me laugh so much. You spend so much time getting bent out of shape over the simplest of things. I try to have a reasonable discussion with you about something as simple as tattoos and you get so upset you start calling me names. You don't even take the time to notice that your insults are getting edited so you just come across as little kid throwing a temper tantrum. I figure it is only fair to let you know that you are not going to get a rise out of me. Anything that you could say to get a rise out of me will get you banned from the forum, so either way it won't really bother me. So just relax and try to have an adult conversation with out hurling insults for no real reason.

The really funny part is that you still don't get it. Even the people (I notice you don't say friends) that you say got a tattoo just to get a tattoo still have some meaning behind it. Every symbol, word, character, design or doodle has some sort of meaning behind it. It doesn't matter if the person receiving the tattoo knows the meaning or if they just like the looks of the koi fish and want it on their arm, there is still meaning behind the image. It is unavoidable in life and it is especially unavoidable in tattoos. It is what I am trying to explain to you. You will be very hard pressed to find a tattoo that does not have meaning. It may just be a cool black swirl to the person who has it, but the people who created the design put a meaning or purpose behind each little line.

I would very much like to see this tattoo that represents your entire life. You are in your early 20s I would guess, right? I think it is interesting that you have a tattoo that can encompass your whole life and you have not even lived most of it. I would very much like to see this.

Personally, I have to get tattoos that represent individual events because I still have a lot of life left to live and I don't know what will happen.
    03-16-09 09:35 PM
    This Friday, I'm getting flames tattooed on the rest of my forearms. The design will be similar to that of Chester Bennington's from Linkin Park.

Edited for spelling.
    I really like that design. Are you going for the same colors? I want to get something on my forearms, but I don't know what yet.
    03-16-09 09:40 PM
    Ha Ha Ha! You make me laugh so much. You spend so much time getting bent out of shape over the simplest of things. I try to have a reasonable discussion with you about something as simple as tattoos and you get so upset you start calling me names. You don't even take the time to notice that your insults are getting edited so you just come across as little kid throwing a temper tantrum. I figure it is only fair to let you know that you are not going to get a rise out of me. Anything that you could say to get a rise out of me will get you banned from the forum, so either way it won't really bother me. So just relax and try to have an adult conversation with out hurling insults for no real reason.

The really funny part is that you still don't get it. Even the people (I notice you don't say friends) that you say got a tattoo just to get a tattoo still have some meaning behind it. Every symbol, word, character, design or doodle has some sort of meaning behind it. It doesn't matter if the person receiving the tattoo knows the meaning or if they just like the looks of the koi fish and want it on their arm, there is still meaning behind the image. It is unavoidable in life and it is especially unavoidable in tattoos. It is what I am trying to explain to you. You will be very hard pressed to find a tattoo that does not have meaning. It may just be a cool black swirl to the person who has it, but the people who created the design put a meaning or purpose behind each little line.

I would very much like to see this tattoo that represents your entire life. You are in your early 20s I would guess, right? I think it is interesting that you have a tattoo that can encompass your whole life and you have not even lived most of it. I would very much like to see this.

Personally, I have to get tattoos that represent individual events because I still have a lot of life left to live and I don't know what will happen.
    right
    03-16-09 09:48 PM

i was fine until you said that. your just ignorant plain and simple.
    03-16-09 09:52 PM
    First off, my nuviderm came today, I ordered it thursday night and its already here, crazy. There was a sunday in there too haha.
    But I'm removing those tats because its hard to find work with them, not because they lost any meaning, I want to get that out there, and I discourage any hand or neck tats too.

That being said...

I'm not getting mixed up in this, but I wanted to say the sparrow/swallow is VERY dumb! No I'm just kidding, actually I like it a lot, and A LOT of guys have a variation on that tattooed on them, expecially guys in the navy. A lot of guys from the UK have it too I've noticed. I'm not sure why, maybe the same reason. I work in a tourist area and see people from all over the world, many with tats. But a lot of guys with sleeves have one mixed up in there too.
    Now I have quite a few tats like I said earlier, but I do have one that doesn't mean anything to me.
    The one around my lower leg/ankle area is just an outline of flames. My friend was getting his first tat and was scared so I told him I would get one first and I couldn't think of anything so I got that. So I guess it does have some meaning, but nothing huge. I might get a little city inside of it. With a city, buildings etc, then the country area, then under the flames hve the city and country land all black and white (skin) and burned like it all burned down, then above it have the city and country in full color with clouds like nothing happened, kind of representing heaven and **** and the ups and downs in life and in the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 10:05 PM
    i was fine until you said that. your just ignorant plain and simple.
    I was trying to point out, that unlike yourself, I don't judge people for the ink that they have or don't have. Based on your derisive comments about everyone else's tattoos and your lack of posting your own, I made an assumption that you had none. If I was wrong then please, by all means prove me so. Since everyone that has posted, by your standards, has meaningless and stupid tattoos I'm sure everyone would like to see your stupendous and deep tattoo. I look forward to it since, s you can probably tell, I am fascinated by ink in general.
    03-16-09 10:49 PM
    First off, my nuviderm came today, I ordered it thursday night and its already here, crazy. There was a sunday in there too haha.
    But I'm removing those tats because its hard to find work with them, not because they lost any meaning, I want to get that out there, and I discourage any hand or neck tats too.
    I'm curious to see how well that stuff works. I now some people with neck tats that want them gone.

Now I have quite a few tats like I said earlier, but I do have one that doesn't mean anything to me.
    The one around my lower leg/ankle area is just an outline of flames. My friend was getting his first tat and was scared so I told him I would get one first and I couldn't think of anything so I got that. So I guess it does have some meaning, but nothing huge. I might get a little city inside of it. With a city, buildings etc, then the country area, then under the flames hve the city and country land all black and white (skin) and burned like it all burned down, then above it have the city and country in full color with clouds like nothing happened, kind of representing heaven and **** and the ups and downs in life and in the world.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    See to me that shows a devotion to your friend and a willingness to help him. It is significant because it shows what a good friend you are. Remember a friend will help you move, but a true friend will help you move a body.
    03-16-09 10:55 PM
    I was trying to point out, that unlike yourself, I don't judge people for the ink that they have or don't have. Based on your derisive comments about everyone else's tattoos and your lack of posting your own, I made an assumption that you had none. If I was wrong then please, by all means prove me so. Since everyone that has posted, by your standards, has meaningless and stupid tattoos I'm sure everyone would like to see your stupendous and deep tattoo. I look forward to it since, s you can probably tell, I am fascinated by ink in general.
    first page genius, i dont expect you to understand considering you're quit ignorant. im done with this low life.
    bye. think before you speak.
    Last edited by Blahzee; 03-16-09 at 11:08 PM.
    03-16-09 11:05 PM
    tattoos are an expression on someones feelings. it could be pointless to someone but mean the world to another. so to judge someone on there tattoo is just plain ignorant!
    I agree with that...

which is why I usually ask somebody what their tat is if we're talking...usually they have no issue telling the story behind it..

although sometimes its just a "look" thing and sometimes it actually has some meaning behind it

on another note, my tat right now is of a cross with rays coming off and it has my dads rip date and initials in the scroll that wraps it somewhat....this is on my right arm btw
    03-17-09 08:28 AM
    first page genius, i dont expect you to understand considering you're quit ignorant. im done with this low life.
    bye. think before you speak.
    Wow, you really got me there. I missed your post on the first page. You really showed me, didn't you? I am so......hold on let me unfold my notes.........I....am....so....owned.....in....thi s....thread....I.....cannot....believe.....how.... .bad....I....feel.....oh...whoa....is....me... ROTFLMAO

The really funny part, for me anyway, is that I thought I had you figured out. At first I thought you were just a regular troll and only wanted to mess with people and get them angry. Looking at your other posts on this thread alone (mostly the ones that the mods deleted) I'm sure that many people assumed you were just trying to get a rise out of everyone too. Looking at the other posts you have made in other threads, I figured that was pretty close to the mark. Then I started to think that you may just be one of these people that has real issues with people getting ink. Maybe that you thought it was wrong for a person to mark their body or something.

However, I do get it now. You don't hate tattoos and you don't really have a problem with any of the ones posted. You're mad because nobody commented on yours. You are mad because your tattoo means so much to you and nobody took the time to talk about how great it is. As you said before it, "represents my entire life not just one event that was relevant" and it absolutely burns you up that nobody else really cared when it was posted. All this anger and lashing out is just exactly what it looks like to most people when they see it in the real world, the tantrum of a child. You lash out and troll it up, saying stuff to light a fire under people so that they will pay some attention to you. You are either used to being the center of attention in your little world or you have to fight so hard for it that the only attention you know how to get is negative attention. Which is it? Did mommy and daddy spoil you rotten and make you the center of the universe or did they ignore you completely until you did something wrong?

So you keep on hurling those insults and being rude. I'm sure your attitude is helping you win friends around here. You might have noticed that nobody else is really saying anything back at you in this thread. It has nothing to do with your "fine" verbal skills and everything to do with the fact that they have found you to be a waste of time. Personally, I just think your funny and a little sad.
    03-17-09 09:30 AM
    Wow, you really got me there. I missed your post on the first page. You really showed me, didn't you? I am so......hold on let me unfold my notes.........I....am....so....owned.....in....thi s....thread....I.....cannot....believe.....how.... .bad....I....feel.....oh...whoa....is....me... ROTFLMAO

The really funny part, for me anyway, is that I thought I had you figured out. At first I thought you were just a regular troll and only wanted to mess with people and get them angry. Looking at your other posts on this thread alone (mostly the ones that the mods deleted) I'm sure that many people assumed you were just trying to get a rise out of everyone too. Looking at the other posts you have made in other threads, I figured that was pretty close to the mark. Then I started to think that you may just be one of these people that has real issues with people getting ink. Maybe that you thought it was wrong for a person to mark their body or something.

However, I do get it now. You don't hate tattoos and you don't really have a problem with any of the ones posted. You're mad because nobody commented on yours. You are mad because your tattoo means so much to you and nobody took the time to talk about how great it is. As you said before it, "represents my entire life not just one event that was relevant" and it absolutely burns you up that nobody else really cared when it was posted. All this anger and lashing out is just exactly what it looks like to most people when they see it in the real world, the tantrum of a child. You lash out and troll it up, saying stuff to light a fire under people so that they will pay some attention to you. You are either used to being the center of attention in your little world or you have to fight so hard for it that the only attention you know how to get is negative attention. Which is it? Did mommy and daddy spoil you rotten and make you the center of the universe or did they ignore you completely until you did something wrong?

So you keep on hurling those insults and being rude. I'm sure your attitude is helping you win friends around here. You might have noticed that nobody else is really saying anything back at you in this thread. It has nothing to do with your "fine" verbal skills and everything to do with the fact that they have found you to be a waste of time. Personally, I just think your funny and a little sad.

wow you're too smart u really know me. i guess u just like to talk.
    you dont know one thing about me. all you do is assume.
    you couldnt be more wrong. i was just stating my opinions and people took it the wrong way.
    03-17-09 09:56 AM
    wow you're too smart u really know me. i guess u just like to talk.
    you dont know one thing about me. all you do is assume.
    you couldnt be more wrong. i was just stating my opinions and people took it the wrong way.
    Wait, I thought you were "done" with me?

While I may not know you personally I can say with a fair amount of certainty that your opinion, as you put it, was designed to be inflammatory and abrasive. You made those statements in order to get people upset. Calling people names and trying to insult them isn�t really anything that someone can take the wrong way. If they were for any other reason then you are with out a doubt the worst communicator on the face of the planet. The fact that you even came back to this thread, read it and then made another silly post after telling me and everyone else that you were "done" goes to show your intentions.

You are right about the fact that I don�t really know much about you. That is something that I hope does not change between us. I don�t really want to know you. The things that I do know, I don�t like and it leads me to believe that I wouldn�t like the rest either. Some people come to this community seeking help, others come here to learn and others come to be a part of the community that helps and learns. So far, you have come here to troll, spew hate and derision.

I said before that I found you funny and a little sad, however, I now find you sad, boring and a waste of time. I actually thought at one point that we could have a civilized discussion, but your last posts have proven that this is not possible. With that said, I actually am done with you.

La Fin
    03-17-09 02:00 PM
    yay another tat thread haha I have two..stars on my lower back i got after I turned 18...I'm the nautical star in the middle and the stars on either side are my 2 younger sisters. =P Then this past December ...4 years later... I got a tat up down my left side in a form of Sanskrit..a Buddhist phrase meaning "may all beings be happy"

03-17-09 02:09 PM
    yay another tat thread haha I have two..stars on my lower back i got after I turned 18...I'm the nautical star in the middle and the stars on either side are my 2 younger sisters. =P Then this past December ...4 years later... I got a tat up down my left side in a form of Sanskrit..a Buddhist phrase meaning "may all beings be happy"
    I am glad you told me, because I was about to ask what that said. I like it! I bet it hurt like holy he11 though.

I have always really liked nautical stars too.
    03-17-09 02:25 PM
    I am glad you told me, because I was about to ask what that said. I like it! I bet it hurt like holy he11 though.

I have always really liked nautical stars too.
    Actually it wasn't that bad at all. I have a very low tolerance for pain yet I enjoy getting ink...*shrug* haha
    03-17-09 03:03 PM
    Actually it wasn't that bad at all. I have a very low tolerance for pain yet I enjoy getting ink...*shrug* haha
    I don't have a really high pain threshold either, but some of mine hurt more than others. Shading hurts a lot more to me than getting outlined. I think my biggest problem with my side would be that I am very ticklish and would probably end up looking like tickle me Elmo while on the table.
    03-17-09 03:27 PM
170 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD