If he were my kid and he came to me and told me he was "forced" to say the pledge, his teacher would be getting an earful and a visit. As for my son, he would be getting my hand across the back of his head for disrespecting our country...
    so basically your forcing your child to believe in what you believe! but vinnie we don't live in a dictatorship country, why would you punish a child to have his own beliefs?
    10-17-08 10:13 AM
    Our country isn't a dictatorship, but you better believe my house will be...
    10-17-08 10:14 AM
    you have every right not to say it! Your teacher is their to teach, not to force you to say you love the country your in!

And because someone has been in iraq for a year, doesn't mean they fought for your rights! They fought to free another country, your rights where given to you from the birth of this country! Not one war since has been about protecting yours rights! They have been about globe gain!

Good luck with the parents!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

I strongly agree with you !
    10-17-08 10:15 AM
    how you choose to raise your child and run your house is your choice key word CHOICE ! meaning you choose to do things the way you choose to do them don't force or belittle some one else because they choose to feel the way they do!
    10-17-08 10:18 AM
    hipkik I'm sorry that you have to go through this but I for one cannot sit here and continue to have to read about people degrading anyone for their beliefs I am requesting a mod. to close this thread!
    10-17-08 10:23 AM
    this probably won't make sense and turn this into a 20pg thread but..

i feel i am really just starting to find myself, question what i've always been told or asked to do. not to offend and not just to see why everyone else does it but just to be my own person, yes i listen and follow instructions but why is it wrong to question that? I wish some of the poster had a mind like my moms when she asked me how i felt about church (no religion debate please) i told her that i do believe in a higher power but i don't feel sitting in church on wednesday in sunday is something that is me...and she was fine with that.i guess that really isnt a reason but just a question....why is it that so many make it seem like im wrong because im american and do not praise the country every day at 8:10 every morning? there are plenty worse things i could be doing like making the world a worse place to live or even offending others by being disrespectful as some of you have....so what i guess im trying to say is that i dont have a reason other than being myself and doing something that isn't me isn't who i am. saying that, it does give you the right to question me (maybe less rudely but..) but not attack for what or who i am.
    10-17-08 10:27 AM
    hipkik I'm sorry that you have to go through this but I for one cannot sit here and continue to have to read about people degrading anyone for their beliefs I am requesting a mod. to close this thread!
    there is no need to feel sorry. im not sorry i started this thread, life will go on whether people choose to like/respect me or not
    10-17-08 10:28 AM
    Your oh so rebellious hipkik, next you should wear really tight jeans and part your hair over one eye....

Oh vinnie you bring a tear to my eye so sad. It doesn't take courage to post as a teen trying to make a point so let's see what does?
    Harassing a kid as you sit behind your computer oh brave one or
    Kicking your kids *** cause he doesn't agree with you
    Or putting people down for having the RIGHT to express that which our soldiers are fighting for hmmmmm
    Let us pray may vinnie see the light of his selfrightousness oh lord and have him wake the f#*k up!

Amen

10-17-08 10:39 AM
    Maybe the best thing I've read in this entire thread Vinnie.

As a parent of 3 I am very careful what I teach my kids---because I know they are forming their beliefs about the world ---right now.

If the majority of citizens of this country ever take for granted why America is so great and what it took to get here, we will see it all collapse.

I'm afraid I see more and more people in this country who were never taught that with all her faults..............America is the greatest country on the face of the planet. Not because our real estate was better but becuase our government was established with the goal of providing the maximum ammount of freedom possible. Freedom to succeed and freedom to fail.

If people don't believe in the greatness of the American system, why would they ever sacrifice for it, or fight to keep it intact. America isn't just a place, it's an idea. It's the idea of Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of happiness.

THAT is what the flag represents and that's why this matters.
    there is no need to feel sorry. im not sorry i started this thread, life will go on whether people choose to like/respect me or not

It's sad but funny in a kind of dark way! Sad because as adults we are the teachers but every now and then it takes a young person to show us the truth, funny because the ones that are here attacking you are like a pack of wild dogs on the hunt it's like watching discovery channel! Stand strong and as you see there are a lot of challenges you will have to face in this world if you believe in what your doing don't let anyone stop you.
    Does serving in the marines count? What about getting shot twice? What about losing my brother in afghanistan? Any of that take courage. You are a keyboard warrior, go back home...

hope this helps

Oh vinnie you bring a tear to my eye so sad. It doesn't take courage to post as a teen trying to make a point so let's see what does?
    Or putting people down for having the RIGHT to express that which our soldiers are fighting for hmmmmm
    Let us pray may vinnie see the light of his selfrightousness oh lord and have him wake the f#*k up!

Amen

10-17-08 10:43 AM
    Yes, no, no.

Vinnie, I have much respect for what you did for our contry, but I still feel that everyone has the right to their opinion.

But I aso think that you responded in a similar tone as was set by Bloo...

I'll allow it! [/Celebrity Death Match]
    10-17-08 10:50 AM

Amen

ok... this is getting to be too much. I'm not defending anyone. People are entitled to feel how they want. People also need to lighten up.

This kid brought this conversation on himself. I'm not saying some people are right or wrong or whatever. If you're ballsy enough to not say the pledge, you should be ballsy enough to tell your teacher how you feel.

People don't need to defend this kid. Stop crying about how you feel so bad for him. $hit happens. Welcome to life.

Oh and a smack on the head is not kicking your kids @ss.
    Last edited by Blue_Snowflakes; 10-17-08 at 10:56 AM. Reason: add comment
    10-17-08 10:54 AM
    Plus bloo, I never said the man didn't have a right to his opinion. Of course he does, but I have the right to dislike and criticize his opinion as well. That makes it MY opinion of his opinion correct? So basically you are saying only he should have a voice?
    10-17-08 10:54 AM
    ...What about getting shot twice? ...Any of that take courage.
    i feel dark and sinister saying this but no getting shot twice takes a sitting duck lmfao ah first good laugh i've had since last night....
    10-17-08 10:55 AM
    Does serving in the marines count? What about getting shot twice? What about losing my brother in afghanistan? Any of that take courage. You are a keyboard warrior, go back home...

hope this helps
    I feel for you truely I do and don't take it as I'm saying your wrong in believing the way you do but you don't treat people with disrespect. not once has this kid come at you with any disrespect but freedom was given to us along time ago the wars these days have nothing to do with our right's! It's just big brother (America) poking it's nose where it does not belong. But yes it does take courage to fight any war and to defend our "GREAT COUNTRY", but at the sametime it takes courage for some one to stand up for their beliefs look at all the people in "OUR HISTORY" who stood up for their right's : Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, Gerannimo Pratt, Malcolm X, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, and the list goes on so you mean to tell me that none of that was courage?
    10-17-08 10:58 AM

hope this helps
    Serving your country counts a lot but as a man who served I suggest you allow people those freedoms for which you so FREELY fought. A key board warrier perhaps but I'm not the one trying to take anothers right am I vinster? And by the way I am home. Ill look for my violin now ill need some music and cheese to accompany that whine of yours big man.

Sitting duck? Kid I could give you a 200 yard running head start and still tag you.
    ok... this is getting to be too much. I'm not defending anyone. People are entitled to feel how they want. People also need to lighten up.

This kid brought this conversation on himself. I'm not saying some people are right or wrong or whatever. If you're ballsy enough to not say the pledge, you should be ballsy enough to tell your teacher how you feel.

People don't need to defend this kid. Stop crying about how you feel so bad for him. $hit happens. Welcome to life.

Oh and a smack on the head is not kicking your kids @ss.
    nicely put! i wish i would have said something to my teach but if any of you guys knew him it would be impossible to understand him for a couple of days and then try to tell him how we say things. he didn't know what a ruler was and he's teaching geometry honors out of all things lol
    10-17-08 10:59 AM
    Plus bloo, I never said the man didn't have a right to his opinion. Of course he does, but I have the right to dislike and criticize his opinion as well. That makes it MY opinion of his opinion correct? So basically you are saying only he should have a voice?
    Not at all vinnie but respect his as well. Choice my friend that's some of what you fought for. Right?

10-17-08 11:01 AM
    Oh brother bloo, can you read? I never said I wanted to take the kids rights. I believe he has that right, but like i said I dont agree with it.

Serving your country counts a lot but as a man who served I suggest you allow people those freedoms for which you so FREELY fought. A key board warrier perhaps but I'm not the one trying to take anothers right am I vinster? And by the way I am home. Ill look for my violin now ill need some music and cheese to accompany that whine of yours big man.

Not at all vinnie but respect his as well. Choice my friend that's some of what you fought for. Right?

i feel dark and sinister saying this but no getting shot twice takes a sitting duck lmfao ah first good laugh i've had since last night....
    This is REALLY, REALLY not cool. I have friends who have died in this war. I have friends who are disabled from this war. Your little "joke" was far from funny. Way to cross the line.
    10-17-08 11:05 AM
    Although I don't agree with Vinnie on many things...I think the rational about his house being a dictatorship is good.

As parents are we not supposed to be the ones that instill in our a kids a belief system? Or are we to leave that to someone else. I personally want my children to have my belief system at least as a base. Some beliefs systems should not be instilled in children true enough. We should be instilling in our children morals, duty, honor, compassion for our fellow man..."For no man is an island, entire of himself...." -John Donne.

My house is democracy....for me and my wife. I do not talk softly and carry a big stick, but I pay the bills, provide the food, clothing and entertainment monies. My chlidren are forming their own beliefs about the big bad world. But they are based a belief system that says just because it feels good doesn't make it right or just because you can do it doesn't mean you should do it!
    10-17-08 11:05 AM
    bloo, again, I'm fine with the kid having an opinion and I respect it, but, that doesn't mean I agree with it. Next time try reading what I write

hope this helps
    10-17-08 11:06 AM
165 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD