Seriously its called seperation of church and state. Which makes it against the law. The pledge of alegiance is considered a prayer and is there for banned in Public schools.

This same thing happened in my High School sum 5 years ago. My earth science teacher was a proud marine, she made everyone in the class say the pledge, what she didn't know was that she forced students who were muslim to do this, which is a contradiction to their belief system.

Yes I'm glad to be an american, able to walk the streets freely and say as I please without much fear of reprisal, but the bottom line is that you DO NOT have to say it, and if he/she forces you I would seriously consider getting your parents involed or getting the civil liberties union involved if you want to take it there far.

AND YES THAT'S MY .02, and just like everyone moaned and complained about how he shouldn't be b**chin.....its his first amendment right, jut as all of you spoke your peace.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 07:26 PM
    A PRAYER!? Since when is the pledge of allegience considered a prayer!?!

10-16-08 07:28 PM
    You're right, your teacher is in the wrong.
    thank you
    But I'm sick of hearing about and seeing so many kids who have no clue what the rest of the world is really like,
    i can't say i understand why you are sick but i get your point, the closet i've been to anywhere outside the us is myrtle beach is south carolina..
    Learn what it is you're rebelling against before you try to take a stand.
    i wouldn't say im rebelling because once i think about it, ive never comformed to rebell against something, the only time i did is when i didn't know the words to address the issue....
    10-16-08 07:29 PM
    Because the word GOD is in it!

10-16-08 07:33 PM
    Well, first let me point out that your attitude and willingness to listen to those who oppose what you think is refreshing to say the least. That being said, trust me. You are incredibly fortunate to be an american. Say the pledge, kid.

Try researching other countries econimic and class structures. I guarantee it will make you look at the US in a very different light.

10-16-08 07:34 PM
    Because the word GOD is in it!

Please. When the pledge was written, it was a different time where religion played a far larger role and wasn't separated from state the way it is now. Just because the word god is in it doesn't make it a frigging prayer. Tell me you're joking.

10-16-08 07:36 PM
    The pledge of alegiance is considered a prayer and is there for banned in Public schools.
    never heard that before and its not really banned here but our biology teacher almost got fired during our evolution objectives

she forced students who were muslim to do this, which is a contradiction to their belief system.
    i personally don't know any muslims or anyone that is a practicing muslim religion but i've alway heard that they are allowed to pray is class. why aren't i able to practice what i do/don't believe in? just because i was born in America?

Yes I'm glad to be an american, able to walk the streets freely and say as I please without much fear of reprisal, but the bottom line is that you DO NOT have to say it, and if he/she forces you I would seriously consider getting your parents involed or getting the civil liberties union involved if you want to take it there far.
    i feel the same, not sure if i will get my parents involved because they are the average overreactant parents lol.
    Last edited by Hipkik; 10-16-08 at 07:43 PM.
    10-16-08 07:37 PM
    Well, first let me point out that your attitude and willingness to listen to those who oppose what you think is refreshing to say the least....
    thanks
    mom 'n' dad did something right
    10-16-08 07:41 PM
    Please. When the pledge was written, it was a different time where religion played a far larger role and wasn't separated from state the way it is now. Just because the word god is in it doesn't make it a frigging prayer. Tell me you're joking.

It does not make it a prayer but the word God has caused the separation of church and state argument stronger. Because of the word, all students have to opportunity to choose whether or not they want to say the pledge or not.
    10-16-08 07:49 PM
    It does not make it a prayer but the word God has caused the separation of church and state argument stronger. Because of the word, all students have to opportunity to choose whether or not they want to say the pledge or not.
    Correct, and I've never stated otherwise. But morales was saying the pledge was banned as a prayer. Come on now.

10-16-08 07:55 PM
    Correct, and I've never stated otherwise. But morales was saying the pledge was banned as a prayer. Come on now.

I know I was just adding my two cents, i dont k now how to quote multiple people so I just quoted one of yall!
    10-16-08 07:59 PM
    I know I was just adding my two cents, i dont k now how to quote multiple people so I just quoted one of yall!
    Lol!! Its the little icon next to the quote button. Select it for everything you wanna quote.

10-16-08 08:03 PM
    Lol!! Its the little icon next to the quote button. Select it for everything you wanna quote.

No wonder you are a GENIUS, thanks!!!!!
    10-16-08 08:08 PM
    No wonder you are a GENIUS, thanks!!!!!
    Lol. I got you.

10-16-08 08:11 PM
    I doubt that this thread Is based on a true story. TROLL ALERT.

10-16-08 08:26 PM
    I doubt that this thread Is based on a true story. TROLL ALERT.

what? why would i subject myself to ridicule just to troll, thats about as ******** as....i can't even think of something as duh-umb (<-except that) (and that ->) (but not this!!!)
    Last edited by Hipkik; 10-16-08 at 08:33 PM.
    10-16-08 08:31 PM
    i see what you both are saying, but yeah it definitely isn't perfect
    FYI Japan isn't perfect either buddy!!!
    10-16-08 08:39 PM
    You mentioned that you had never been asked to say the pledge before and THAT is a big part of the problem. You have no appreciation for what the pledge is even about.

It doesn't say "I will be a robot and love everything that ever happens in my country and I will kill anyone who disagrees".

It's a pledge which states that you take pride that this is your country, your republic--the beacon of freedom for the rest of the world.

The American flag stands for freedom.
    Freedom for you and others to say some of the most ignorant stuff imaginable--without fear of being imprisioned, punished or put to death for saying it.

The pledge is respect for all of those before you who died so that we might all have the many freedoms we enjoy today.

Finally it means that however much we might all disagree with each other---when push comes to shove we stand as one united nation against anyone who might wish to take our freedom and liberty away. It is an acknowledgement of how truly blessed you are to live in the greatest experiment in democracy the world has ever seen.

The good new is you are young and it's not too late. Read some books. Not the new-age "America got it all wrong" books", but some real books on the founding of this nation.

There are many places to live in the world. The reason millions have flocked here was not because of our great internet and the NFL. It's because in America if you have a dream, you can live it.

You should be respectful of the priviledge you have grown up with and taken for granted.
    10-16-08 08:41 PM
    FYI Japan isn't perfect either buddy!!!
    lol maybe i didn't word that post correct. i meant i would go to japan because the industry i plan to enter is very peculiar and different over there and i would like to experience first hand
    10-16-08 08:43 PM
    Not wanting to say the Pledge is ridiculous and pathetic!!!
    10-16-08 08:44 PM
    lol maybe i didn't word that post correct. i meant i would go to japan because the industry i plan to enter is very peculiar and different over there and i would like to experience first hand
    They aren't going to fully accept you cause your American....just letting you know dude!
    10-16-08 08:45 PM
    They aren't going to fully accept you cause your American....just letting you know dude!
    they don't have to accept or even like me, i want to go there and hopefully get a great experience out of it
    ADD
    why is not saying the pledge pathetic? that's like saying i will never stand up or rebel against anything i feel is an injustice...
    10-16-08 08:47 PM
    You mentioned that you had never been asked to say the pledge before and THAT is a big part of the problem. You have no appreciation for what the pledge is even about.

whoa whoa, i don't remember saying that...(correct me if im wrong i didn't reread my post) but really just because i don't say it doesn't mean i don't appreciate, that's like saying thank you to every driver you see for not hitting you or something....
    10-16-08 08:54 PM
    they don't have to accept or even like me, i want to go there and hopefully get a great experience out of it
    ADD
    why is not saying the pledge pathetic? that's like saying i will never stand up or rebel against anything i feel is an injustice...
    Are you American? There are a lot of things about America that aren't great but their are alot of things that are. This world is broken by design dude...thank Adam and Eve for that.

Everyone has a reason to not like something about our country. Black people have slavery, Japenese-Americans have the detention camps of WWII, and some white Americans have Affirmative Action. The point being it isn't perfect but our not perfect is alot better than than most!!!

Plus the Pledge is not persay an Allegiance to God...it is to this country that believes in freedom and the duty as one of its citizen to try and make it better!

How can you not want that?!!
    10-16-08 08:59 PM
    Hipkik,
    I went to a pretty liberal high school so we never had to say the Pledge in the morning. However I did have to say it everyday in grammar and middle school and never had a problem with it or questioned it. The pledge represents what the country stood for at its inception and represents all who fought fearlessly defending it. I'm not going to harp on you for not wanting to say the pledge because it's your choice, we live in a free nation and that is your right. I will say though, dont take this country for granted, you have to realize that we live in one of the greatest nations in the world appreciate it, even though we are in tough times you shouldnt abandon your allegiance to this country. Be proud that youre american, I am, as corny as it is I get chills sometimes hearing the Star Spangled Banner.
    10-16-08 09:02 PM
165 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD