okay this is kinda really a rant but yeah...

is it MANDATORY to say the pledge in school? (high school) i am really pissed that my teacher told me that since i refused to pledge allegiance (which i haven't been doing since about 2weeks ago because i believe i shouldn't have to pledge allegiance to a now failing country.) said he will give me a zero for all of my work whether i did it or not. now in my defense i was born and raised in SC, i'm black, and last time i checked its a free country whether you pledge or not i kinda think that's more of a dictatorship if you get ridiculed and punished for not saying that. Am i right or am i right? what should i do (btw he from India)

Edit/add
    and no he didn't come around to check my work all class
    10-16-08 06:05 PM
    okay this is kinda really a rant but yeah...

is it MANDATORY to say the pledge in school? (high school) i am really pissed that my teacher told me that since i refused to pledge allegiance (which i haven't been doing since about 2weeks ago because i believe i shouldn't have to pledge allegiance to a now failing country.) said he will give me a zero for all of my work whether i did it or not. now in my defense i was born and raised in SC, i'm black, and last time i checked its a free country whether you pledge or not i kinda think that's more of a dictatorship if you get ridiculed and punished for not saying that. Am i right or am i right? what should i do (btw he from India)

Edit/add
    and no he didn't come around to check my work all class
    I am 99.9% positive they cannot make you say the Pledge of Allegiance. Now if I am wrong, I am 100% certain they cannot punish you by giving you a zero. I would STRONGLY advise you to get your parents involved!
    10-16-08 06:14 PM
    Whether or not it's mandatory you should feel privileged to recite the pledge. Economic troubles or not this is still the Greatest Nation. Pull that crap in China and your whole family disappears. There is no pride in country anymore. People feel owed and entitled. But I don't see anybody buying a plane ticket. There are millions of people risking there lives to sneak INTO not out of this "failing" country. Just my 2�.
    Last edited by pltaylor; 10-16-08 at 06:19 PM.
    10-16-08 06:16 PM
    Whether or not it's mandatory you should feel privileged to recite the pledge. Economic troubles or not this is still the Greatest Nation. Pull that crap in China and your whole family disappears. Just my 2�.
    Do we have liberty and justice for all????
    10-16-08 06:18 PM
    You gotta be kidding me....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-08 06:19 PM
    You gotta be kidding me....

Are you talking about OP?
    10-16-08 06:22 PM
    Whether or not it's mandatory you should feel privileged to recite the pledge. Economic troubles or not this is still the Greatest Nation. Pull that crap in China and your whole family disappears. There is no pride in country anymore. People feel owed and entitled. But I don't see anybody buying a plane ticket. There are millions of people risking there lives to sneak INTO not out of this "failing" country. Just my 2�.
    i see what your saying but still even if this is the greatest nation and even if we weren't in economic troubles is it right for one to punish another for acting in a way they feel they have the right to feel?
    10-16-08 06:26 PM
    Do we have liberty and justice for all????
    "Liberty, the freedom to act or believe without being stopped by unnecessary force. In modern time, is generally considered a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will."

Justice? Compared to the rest of the world we are still in our infancy as a nation. Is it perfect? Nope. But it's closer than a whole lotta other places. So YES.
    10-16-08 06:28 PM
    i see what your saying but still even if this is the greatest nation and even if we weren't in economic troubles is it right for one to punish another for acting in a way they feel they have the right to feel?
    You are protected by the 1st amendment. You don't have to say squat. The teacher knows this as well and most likely nothing will come from it. It's just sad when our youth AND many adults don't see/appreciate what we have.
    10-16-08 06:32 PM
    If I was your teacher, I'd take you behind the school and beat your a$$.
    You should be deported to a third world country for having that train of thought.
    A failing country? We are the greatest country ever to exist, no matter what some punk a$$ kid says.
    I didn't spend a year in the desert for you to say my country is "failing". You're not pledging to the economy or wall street, you ba$****, you're pledging your belief in the premises this country was founded upon and your faith in freedom and justice. If you don't believe in that, You don't deserve the education your "failing country" is so willingly providing you.

and yes, he is wrong for the way he is punishing you. but just be lucky I'M not your teacher. I'm sure your parents would be ashamed if they knew what you are doing.
    10-16-08 06:38 PM
    ....It's just sad when our youth AND many adults don't see/appreciate what we have.
    i might just be writing for me but i don't think it that we don't appreciate what we have its that we are losing the stuff we once appreciated
    10-16-08 06:39 PM
    i might just be writing for me but i don't think it that we don't appreciate what we have its that we are losing the stuff we once appreciated
    AND you're from a military state. I can't believe your gall...
    10-16-08 06:41 PM
    If I was your teacher, I'd take you behind the school and beat your a$$.
    You should be deported to a third world country for having that train of thought.
    A failing country? We are the greatest country ever to exist, no matter what some punk a$$ kid says.
    I didn't spend a year in the desert for you to say my country is "failing". You're not pledging to the economy or wall street, you ba$****, you're pledging your belief in the premises this country was founded upon and your faith in freedom and justice. If you don't believe in that, You don't deserve the education your "failing country" is so willingly providing you....
    excuse me but no one asked you to spend a year in the desert...you did what YOU wanted to so why don't i have the right to do what I want to do, and i didn't say this wasn't the greatest country but if you think, if it is then why is this an issue?
    ADD
    does it matter military state or raggedy dust town? i have no plan on being any type of united states defense team, that is me a who i am and that doesn't give you the right to ridicule me
    Last edited by Hipkik; 10-16-08 at 06:45 PM.
    10-16-08 06:42 PM
    YES it matters. Because you should have more pride in your country as a result of where you grew up. I spent 6 months in south carolina, and those were some of the most patriotic people I ever met. I actually know quite a few people.. maybe you should be introduced?
    If you don't like your country, kindly get the F^ck out. I spent a year in the desert so that people like you can use that first amendment to complain. I am not trying to sensor you. you can be a p.o.s. all you want- but I will kindly use my own 1st amendment right to tell you you're wrong and don't deserve the air you breath.
    10-16-08 06:47 PM
    YES it matters. Because you should have more pride in your country as a result of where you grew up. I spent 6 months in south carolina, and those were some of the most patriotic people I ever met. I actually know quite a few people.. maybe you should be introduced?
    If you don't like your country, kindly get the F^ck out. I spent a year in the desert so that people like you can use that first amendment to complain. I am not trying to sensor you. you can be a p.o.s. all you want- but I will kindly use my own 1st amendment right to tell you you're wrong and don't deserve the air you breath.
    so your saying that if you knew some one from a state of corn fields and dusty plains that they have the right to be less patriotic...yet you contradict yourself by saying i should have more pride because of where i grew up...and no i could care less about who you know there is no reason for them to meet me just to force their patriotic ideas and opinions on me. Truthfully there is only one other place I'd rather be and that is japan because that's where the industry i plan to enter flourished, so if you'd gladly buy me a plane ticket i will be out on the next flight...btw i didnt complain to anyone about anything just letting people know the situation and get their opinion as to what i should do about the situation.....AND if you must know i put ADD to signify that i was editing the message and ADDing information.
    10-16-08 07:00 PM
    "Liberty, the freedom to act or believe without being stopped by unnecessary force. In modern time, is generally considered a concept of political philosophy and identifies the condition in which an individual has the ability to act according to his or her own will."

Justice? Compared to the rest of the world we are still in our infancy as a nation. Is it perfect? Nope. But it's closer than a whole lotta other places. So YES.
    I will give you liberty. But just becuase we are ahead other nations does not mean YES. Ask the poor innocent person sitting in jail for life and the rich guilty person free to live their life.
    10-16-08 07:01 PM
    so your saying that if you knew some one from a state of corn fields and dusty plains that they have the right to be less patriotic...yet you contradict yourself by saying i should have more pride because of where i grew up...and no i could care less about who you know there is no reason for them to meet me just to force their patriotic ideas and opinions on me. Truthfully there is only one other place I'd rather be and that is japan because that's where the industry i plan to enter flourished, so if you'd gladly buy me a plane ticket i will be out on the next flight...btw i didnt complain to anyone about anything just letting people know the situation and get their opinion as to what i should do about the situation.....AND if you must know i put ADD to signify that i was editing the message and ADDing information.
    No, that person should also have pride in his country. Yours should just be more deep-seated.
    10-16-08 07:03 PM
    I will give you liberty. But just becuase we are ahead other nations does not mean YES. Ask the poor innocent person sitting in jail for life and the rich guilty person free to live their life.
    i see what you both are saying, but yeah it definitely isn't perfect
    10-16-08 07:03 PM
    No, that person should also have pride in his country. Yours should just be more deep-seated.
    but if we are a united country why can't we all have the same deep-seated patriotism? simple answer because we have our own minds to think and do as we please
    10-16-08 07:05 PM
    To the OP, just stand and put your hand to your chest and move your lips to the lyrics or your favorite song and keep your feelings inside so you can get your teacher off your back. Fake it till you make it

10-16-08 07:09 PM
    To the OP, just stand and put your hand to your chest and move your lips to the lyrics or your favorite song and keep your feelings inside so you can get your teacher off your back. Fake it till you make it

lol i like that, fake it till you make it, thanks
    10-16-08 07:11 PM
    So wait. You're a high school kid? What the he*l do you know about a "failing" nation? Are you out getting laid off and not being able to support your family? No. Are you losing thousands from your 401k because the market is fluctuating? No. Is your home being foreclosed on? Car reposessed? No and no. You're getting a FREE education. Stop b*tching and grow up.

10-16-08 07:13 PM
    So wait. You're a high school kid? What the he*l do you know about a "failing" nation? Are you out getting laid off and not being able to support your family? No. Are you losing thousands from your 401k because the market is fluctuating? No. Is your home being foreclosed on? Car reposessed? No and no. You're getting a FREE education. Stop b*tching and grow up.

actually hardly anyone can even get a job round here because no one is hiring or looking for high school student...and no to the rest of those thing but if it happens to my family it affects me. free education or not that doesn't give someone the right to punish me for what i am saying or feeling
    10-16-08 07:19 PM
    You're right, your teacher is in the wrong. But I'm sick of hearing about and seeing so many kids who have no clue what the rest of the world is really like, and therefore take forgranted the freedoms and opportunities this country offers. I'm not even from here, in fact, I'm not even a citizen. If this country were so terrible, I'd be back up in canada so quickly I'd leave a dust trail.

Learn what it is you're rebelling against before you try to take a stand.

10-16-08 07:22 PM
    Yes...boo freakin hoo..you my hs aged friend need a **** kicking. Pack up and leave. Simple as that...need a job? Al qaeda is hiring you pathetic sob.

10-16-08 07:24 PM
165 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD