Ok this is my huge problem, my soon to be family will be arriving pretty soon from Japan and I have no idea how to act! I mean costumes wise what can I do? or say? how am I supposes to act, or what I should not do or say? I really want to make a good impression and I dont want to look like a fool...thanks!
    please PLEASE tell us what happened!!!!
    05-14-10 03:25 PM
    I need to know!
    05-14-10 03:27 PM
    Goddamn, this thread brings back sooo many good memories. There aren't any good threads like this anymore.
    05-14-10 03:28 PM
    How did I manage to keep out of this one for the most part?

I remember how much fun it was, but why not participate?
    05-14-10 03:36 PM
    You are NOT kidding. I wish there were a Best of CB section.

This thread
    DONT Mess With a Marine
    As seen on TV

ahhhhh
    05-14-10 03:37 PM
    And don't forget WTF is with Prada

The progenitor to TBL
    05-14-10 03:43 PM
    7.-No Japanese are not from China.
    Wut?

Last thing I remember from the bar in Shanghai last November was a he/she Filipina hitting on me after his/her performance on stage. I totally forgot Japanese people didn't come from there.

By the way, drinking in Beijing is just awesome. $5 for a tall glass full of rum with a splash of Coke. Just the way I like it!
    05-14-10 03:59 PM
    Wut?

Last thing I remember from the bar in Shanghai last November was a he/she Filipina hitting on me after his/her performance on stage. I totally forgot Japanese people didn't come from there.

By the way, drinking in Beijing is just awesome. $5 for a tall glass full of rum with a splash of Coke. Just the way I like it!
    Dont leave us with e-blue b@lls! Do tell. Did he/she get him/herself some canadian a$$?

*waits*
    05-14-10 04:01 PM
    Dont leave us with e-blue b@lls! Do tell. Did he/she get him/herself some canadian a$$?

*waits*
    Hah No, she's a bar girl. Spend lots of money so they can have fun then they take off.

It's actually fun to sit in those places and watch the girls work the foreigners. They act in groups and start by being friendly and coy. They very quickly suck them in and within 15 minutes they're sitting in the guy's laps having drinks ordered for them.

To their credit, the half and halfs are more bold and up front. Decent folks who just want to have some fun while they're not working.

And by fun, I mean I can't post the pics here, sorry.
    05-14-10 04:04 PM
    i hope he just started to mumble "NNNNNAGASAKIIII" or "HIIIIROSHIIIIMAAA!!!" if they started to get on his nerves!
    05-14-10 04:07 PM
    Hah No, she's a bar girl. Spend lots of money so they can have fun then they take off.

It's actually fun to sit in those places and watch the girls work the foreigners. They act in groups and start by being friendly and coy. They very quickly suck them in and within 15 minutes they're sitting in the guy's laps having drinks ordered for them.

To their credit, the half and halfs are more bold and up front. Decent folks who just want to have some fun while they're not working.

And by fun, I mean I can't post the pics here, sorry.
    Sadly I will never visit exciting lands such as that. But I feel better being armed with the knowledge nonetheless. Thanks
    05-14-10 04:09 PM
    I dunno, I have never found it hard to get along with Chinese, Japanese or anyone else from around there. They're sharp as anyone and know we have no concept of the intricacies of their culture.

I have committed so many faults in China each time I've been there and they just chuckle and help me understand.

I have a lot of Japanese friends too and same thing. If you look like you're just trying to please and impress they will view you as a kiss arse more than anything.

But a wookie costume would help greatly.
    05-14-10 04:10 PM
    Sadly I will never visit exciting lands such as that. But I feel better being armed with the knowledge nonetheless. Thanks
    I hope you get to go someday, it's great. The best thing to do if you want to cause trouble is be polite. Try holding the door for people, freaks them out!
    05-14-10 04:11 PM
    I dunno, I have never found it hard to get along with Chinese, Japanese or anyone else from around there. They're sharp as anyone and know we have no concept of the intricacies of their culture.

I have committed so many faults in China each time I've been there and they just chuckle and help me understand.

I have a lot of Japanese friends too and same thing. If you look like you're just trying to please and impress they will view you as a kiss arse more than anything.

But a wookie costume would help greatly.

When I was in Chinatown section of Chicago last month, like when the lady handed me my bag of pastries, instead of saying 'thank you'....I said "meloveyoulongtime" very fast in a high pitched voice. Was that wrong?

on the serious side, that is amazing you have been to places like that, and Ims jealous.
    05-14-10 04:13 PM
    When I was in Chinatown section of Chicago last month, like when the lady handed me my bag of pastries, instead of saying 'thank you'....I said "meloveyoulongtime" very fast in a high pitched voice. Was that wrong?

on the serious side, that is amazing you have been to places like that, and Ims jealous.
    Careful, some men will slip you an extra $5 before you finish that one. Been there, done that. Have the shame to show for it.

Well it's nice to go, but bear in mind it's like a 15 hour flight and I'm as close to those places as you can get from this continent. You are a little farther over, so take a lot of batteries for your laptop or whatever you want to use to stave off boredom.
    05-14-10 04:16 PM
    Careful, some men will slip you an extra $5 before you finish that one. Been there, done that. Have the shame to show for it.

Well it's nice to go, but bear in mind it's like a 15 hour flight and I'm as close to those places as you can get from this continent. You are a little farther over, so take a lot of batteries for your laptop or whatever you want to use to stave off boredom.
    *duly noted*
    05-14-10 04:27 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD