Ok this is my huge problem, my soon to be family will be arriving pretty soon from Japan and I have no idea how to act! I mean costumes wise what can I do? or say? how am I supposes to act, or what I should not do or say? I really want to make a good impression and I dont want to look like a fool...thanks!
    Last edited by molochete; 07-28-09 at 12:24 PM.
    07-28-09 11:56 AM
    id say just be yourself, no use in being someone/something your not
    07-28-09 12:03 PM
    I agree. Be yourself and all should be fine. Whatever you do, don't fart in front of them...
    07-28-09 12:05 PM
    id say just be yourself, no use in being someone/something your not
    I know that but, I never make a good first impression I just want her family to know that I am normal and not a weirdo I mean getting caught in a bow down limbo its not that fun!....thanks for the advice!
    07-28-09 12:11 PM
    definitely be yourself but ill also add be as polite as possible. japanese people are incredibly polite so i assume this would be the case for your future family. id pull out all the stops and treat them like royalty.

dont forget to bow!
    07-28-09 12:12 PM
    Ok this is my huge problem, my soon to be family will be arriving pretty soon from Japan and I have no idea how to act! I mean costume wise what can I do? or say? how am I supposes to act, or what I should not do or say? I really want to make a good impression and I dont want to look like a fool...thanks!
    I would definitely wear a Wookie costume, or dress up like a Samurai. If you really wanna make an impression, wear a Pearl Harbor memorial costume.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 07-28-09 at 12:18 PM.
    07-28-09 12:15 PM
    Get a hair cut.
    07-28-09 12:17 PM
    Be yourself and just have manners.

No need for a "costume." That's just ridiculous.

You're marrying her, not her family.
    07-28-09 12:21 PM
    I would definitely wear a Wookie costume, or dress up like a Samurai. If you really wanna make an impression, wear a Pearl Harbor memorial costume.
    I'm in favor of the Samurai outfit. You should also set up the Ninja Warrior obstacle course in a room in your house.
    07-28-09 12:22 PM
    Make them all dinner. Gather them around the table, and using an electric skillet make "choppy choppy" noises and yell a lot.....maybe toss an egg in the air and catch it with the spatula

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 12:25 PM
    I meant costumes lol!! I am pretty sure that if I wear something like that I will get beat up! but it would be really funny
    07-28-09 12:26 PM
    Get a hair cut.
    This. And just clean yourself up. Try to look nice. It's a special occasion.

And be yourself.

Good luck.
    07-28-09 12:35 PM
    I'm in favor of the Samurai outfit. You should also set up the Ninja Warrior obstacle course in a room in your house.
    With cardboard cutouts of badguys placed in random spots!!!

I meant costumes lol!! I am pretty sure that if I wear something like that I will get beat up! but it would be really funny
    Wow! You typo'd again??? I'm not even gonna clown. I just feel bad for you now.
    07-28-09 12:36 PM
    Be yourself and just have manners.

No need for a "costume." That's just ridiculous.

You're marrying her, not her family.
    Dude, I'm totally surprised that you aren't telling this guy that he's making a huge mistake by getting married. Is this a new, more marriage-friendly P.O.E.?
    07-28-09 12:40 PM
    This. And just clean yourself up. Try to look nice. It's a special occasion.

And be yourself.

Good luck.
    Thank you guys!
    07-28-09 12:44 PM
    Um, have you tried asking your fiance? I mean, she would know the customs best, and what standards her family holds to. She would know the do's and don'ts better than a bunch of random people on the internet.
    07-28-09 12:46 PM
    Um, have you tried asking your fiance? I mean, she would know the customs best, and what standards her family holds to. She would know the do's and don'ts better than a bunch of random people on the internet.
    I wanted to surprise her...but yeah I guess u r right I will have to ask her, thank you.
    07-28-09 12:54 PM
    Thats good advice........however I dont care what country you are from. Who wouldnt love getting greeted "Rock Em' Sock Em' Robot" style in lieu of the boring handshake?
    07-28-09 12:56 PM
    definitely be yourself but ill also add be as polite as possible. japanese people are incredibly polite so i assume this would be the case for your future family. id pull out all the stops and treat them like royalty.

dont forget to bow!
    Thanks dude!...
    07-28-09 12:59 PM
    If you want to make a good impression-

Scrap the wookie or samurai costume.

Old school geisha is were it's at-
    07-28-09 01:01 PM
    Thats good advice........however I dont care what country you are from. Who wouldnt love getting greeted "Rock Em' Sock Em' Robot" style in lieu of the boring handshake?
    i almost fell out of my chair laughing!
    07-28-09 01:02 PM
    Just as long as the sake isn't flowing like mud around there, I think a good time is to be had by all.
    07-28-09 01:05 PM
    Just as long as the sake isn't flowing like mud around there, I think a good time is to be had by all.
    Hey S7ar......when my Jedi mindtricks finally work on you and I trick you into e-marrying me......when you bring your parents to Iowa I hope they appreciate the time it took to completely cover myself with tiny pieces of colored tissue paper .....and why Im standing there with a mouthful of candy and a big stick.

I think Im gonna be a really BIG hit
    07-28-09 01:08 PM
    With cardboard cutouts of badguys placed in random spots!!!

Wow! You typo'd again??? I'm not even gonna clown. I just feel bad for you now.
    I wanted to put some costumes up to add to the Japanese decor, I mean my house looks pretty Japanese as it is and since I have some mannequins I thought I might use them...BTW dont correct anyone if u also make mistakes while typing.
    07-28-09 01:09 PM
    hahahaha!

Jen you are too much!

Note: I like sour candies.
    07-28-09 01:09 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD