Do you think if we got the support of the Crackberry Staff we could try and push the guys over at XDA-Developers to add a PlayBook section to their forum? These guys will really push the PlayBook to it's limits!

The only angle I think we could take would be the Android app player angle thus making it in effect an 'Android device' which they will accept.

Anyone here a trusted member on XDA who could start a thread there and we could start to drum up some support?

Thanks,
    Ollie
    05-07-11 06:33 AM
    I'm a decently trusted member. And until they start see a draw to hack the playbook it won't happen. They'll add a device one the hacker community sees it as a hackers toys.

[sent via Cyanogen powered Android]
    05-07-11 08:53 AM
    Dude that would be awesome.
    05-07-11 01:11 PM
    I think 2 CB rules would apply here and pretty much prohibit us getting involved in this....

•No Advertising Policy
    CrackBerry.com maintains a No Advertising policy in the forums. Individuals/Businesses may not make posts promoting the sale of their own or other competing stores Products (Accessories, Services, Software, Themes, etc.) or sales. Traffic Leaching is strictly prohibited. If you'd like to promote or advertise your Accessories, Services, Software, Themes etc. on CrackBerry.com please contact Kevin Michaluk directly. Kevin can be reached via email, kevin at crackberry.com.

Individuals looking to Sell or Swap personally owned items (i.e. Used Unlocked AT&T BlackBerry 8700 for Sale) may post in the Buy & Sell forum.

Please note, if individuals (not related to the company selling a product or service) post on an item that is or becomes available in the ShopCrackBerry.com store, if available for the same price or less we reserve the right to update posts to this link (gotta keep in business!).

•Keep it Legal
    No posting of Warez in the forums, such as links to download warez, instructions on "cracking" software, or "workarounds" that enable people to utilize for-pay services without paying. Posting this kind of content can result in an immediate and permanent ban. These kinds of activities can get CrackBerry.com in trouble, and nobody wants that, so just don't do it.

NOTE: No one is in trouble here, I'm just stating why CB would probably not get involved in this. CERTAINLY we would blog about it, IF it happened and the PB was hacked, but we are not going to help another site do it!
    05-10-11 02:37 PM
    Personally I like the QNX OS. I do think the option of running android on the Playbook is cool (I run android on my Nook Color) as you could set it up with a dual boot system.
    01-03-12 08:47 AM
    the playbook is losing to the LG Craptimus ME P350..... whats wrong?
    01-22-12 11:36 PM
    the playbook is losing to the LG Craptimus ME P350..... whats wrong?

Ones a tablet, the other a smartphone. In what way would they even compete? Nor is this at all on topic.
    01-23-12 09:53 AM

Ones a tablet, the other a smartphone. In what way would they even compete? Nor is this at all on topic.
    Aren't they both flat?
    cntrydncr223 and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-24-12 07:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD