Pics of BlackBerry slider, and it's NOT running BB10! (Humour)-img_20150731_102637.jpg

You're welcome!

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:28 PM
    You got me!

Did you start using that bad boy again? It was a Beaut!!!
    07-30-15 07:30 PM
    U trying to make a fool of me?😡

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-15 07:31 PM
    Lol!

 z10,stl100-3/10.2.1.2156
    07-30-15 07:32 PM
    N4BB in 3... 2... 1...

Posted via CB10
    07-30-15 07:34 PM
    rotfl!
    07-30-15 07:39 PM
    I got so mad and sad! Now it feels like a bad dream...back to reality! A good one. I had a 9800 then a 9810 back in the days and I loved them! Z10 to Z30, I couldn't be happier! Hopefully the slider's design won't be too far off the Z10.
    07-30-15 07:44 PM
    O that picture makes me remember of a simpler time. I miss my 9810 so much!
    It really was the best of both worlds. I can only hope we see something just as great this year.

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    07-30-15 11:48 PM
    Nice to see ancient Torch Alive
    My poor torch fell into the Sea, hope he is resting in peace

Posted via CB10
    07-31-15 12:14 AM
    I want one.

07-31-15 12:23 AM
    I want one.

I actually do. I never owned the 9810. I just ordered one off amazon. Thanks OP.

07-31-15 12:28 AM
    Good one! Yeah, I need to use mine for old times sake. I used my BOLD 9000 last week. Still love that keyboard.
    07-31-15 01:21 AM
    Hahaha well played. Ugh that was my favorite one till these new guys came into my life (classic and z10)
    07-31-15 01:43 AM
    Lots of people said it would have the tool belt, lol.

Posted via CB10 using my Z10 STL100-2 /10.3.1.2576
    07-31-15 07:22 AM
    Honestly guys, how was that phone??
    I just don't see a slider being a good device. I want to like it, but it just seems " gimmicky".
    Plus, how the heck are they going to build a decent case for it?
    As well, with the recent double type issues, how is that snider going to be in the reliability department a year down the road with even more moving parts than just a pkb???

I clicked this on my Passport.
    07-31-15 07:33 AM
    Op, I must say I was excited by the title, then pissed at the pic, then smiled because I wish I had that device (damn at&t exclusivity)

The attached pic is what I had to say though

Pics of BlackBerry slider, and it's NOT running BB10! (Humour)-fargan.jpg

Brought to you by the fab Z10 on CB10
    07-31-15 07:41 AM
    I just don't see a slider being a good device. I want to like it, but it just seems " gimmicky".
    As well, with the recent double type issues, how is that snider going to be in the reliability department a year down the road with even more moving parts than just a pkb???

I owned the 9810 for a year and a half. I think that's the longest I ever owned a device for.
    It was great!
    Otterbox made a pretty decent case for it which I kept on every once and a while. I am not a huge case guy. I rocked it in a holster for the most part.
    It was convenient having a keyboard with a big screen(for the time)
    The touch screen keyboard was not great. But that wasn't the device, that was the OS. A slider now a days with BlackBerry 10 OS will be amazing.
    Battery life on the Torch was decent, and it was in the day where you could still remove the battery and swap out a fresh one. Whenever OS 7.1 came out and mobile Hotspot was an option, my 9810 became unstoppable! Or better yet when BlackBerry Bridge came out with the Playbook....o the good ol days!

Posted via the BlackBerry Passport. Follow me on Twitter @BlaisKL
    07-31-15 08:11 AM

That was quite honestly my favorite device to date. The Slider was not at all gimmicky. For making phone calls or browsing around, you could leave the keyboard in and your phone was sleek and had a big screen (compared to other 'Berries).

If you are an all touch user, think about how your screen gets 'chopped' when the virtual keyboard pops up... now, think about never having to lose that screen real estate. Gimmicky? I don't think so. Also, nothing beats the physical keyboard for accuracy when typing long messages. But sometimes you just want a quick and dirty response to a text. Now, how you use it is your choice. No gimmicks, just good design.

Also, some people claim that a physical keyboard makes for more parts to break. For me, working often outside, the biggest threat of this happening is dust or dirt collecting between the keys (I suppose even pocket lint could do this) but, with the sliding keyboard, your keys are protected and your device lasts forever. And, anyone who has complained about the sliding mechanism, I question whether or not they had ever actually owned a Torch because that thing was pretty solid. It wasn't a spring that held it in place, it was a magnet so there was zero chance of it wearing out over time.
    07-31-15 08:21 AM
    That was quite honestly my favorite device to date. The Slider was not at all gimmicky. For making phone calls or browsing around, you could leave the keyboard in and your phone was sleek and had a big screen (compared to other 'Berries).

If you are an all touch user, think about how your screen gets 'chopped' when the virtual keyboard pops up... now, think about never having to lose that screen real estate. Gimmicky? I don't think so. Also, nothing beats the physical keyboard for accuracy when typing long messages. But sometimes you just want a quick and dirty response to a text. Now, how you use it is your choice. No gimmicks, just good design.

Also, some people claim that a physical keyboard makes for more parts to break. For me, working often outside, the biggest threat of this happening is dust or dirt collecting between the keys (I suppose even pocket lint could do this) but, with the sliding keyboard, your keys are protected and your device lasts forever. And, anyone who has complained about the sliding mechanism, I question whether or not they had ever actually owned a Torch because that thing was pretty solid. It wasn't a spring that held it in place, it was a magnet so there was zero chance of it wearing out over time.
    Well my 9810 slider mechanism did eventually have a problem, and yes it is a spring clip on two rails, super simple but eventually one of the bolts got loose and I had to tighten it... easy with a removable battery and cover
    07-31-15 12:58 PM
    Hmmm! This sounds good!
    I am excited then.....!
    Thank you.
    I really wonder how the average public will view this phone though.

07-31-15 01:21 PM
    Well my 9810 slider mechanism did eventually have a problem, and yes it is a spring clip on two rails, super simple but eventually one of the bolts got loose and I had to tighten it... easy with a removable battery and cover
    Hmmm... I take that back then. All I know, is that I really beat the snot out of mine and it held up. I'm sorry for all of the abuse that I put my Torch through but it was loyal to me right to the end when I decided it was time to make the jump to BB10.

From one Torch fan to another, even if the Slider is the last BB10 device they ever make, I think I would still be satisfied. It's THE BlackBerry that we've been waiting for. The true fusion of the modern smartphone with the legendary BlackBerry keyboard. It won't disappoint!
    07-31-15 10:20 PM