In the same vein, receiving a PIN invite, accepting and the other person doesn't initiate the convo. Chivalry = dead and all that jazz, and I haven't gone and found someone to chat with via BBM, but if I were to invite someone, and they approved, I'd at least start the convo.
    Durly noted. Meanwhile... If they ignitiate the conversation, and everytime they approach to speak you have NOTHING to say, and your always busy..

Then five minutes later.. your on crackberry posting again..

That kind of defeats the purpose, right?
    05-21-08 03:16 PM
    Ignorance, rudeness and a snobbish attitude! Those are huge pet peeves of mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 03:32 PM
    Durly noted. Meanwhile... If they ignitiate the conversation, and everytime they approach to speak you have NOTHING to say, and your always busy..

Then five minutes later.. your on crackberry posting again..

That kind of defeats the purpose, right?
    As frustrating as it can be, that's the risk of non-verbal means of communication and you can't win 'em all. You or the other person can be straight-up or passive-aggressive, busy or free, etc., but it all gets translated differently when you're just typing out words.
    05-21-08 03:35 PM
    4) When you send someone a text and they call instead of texting back. If I wanted to talk on the phone, I would've called lol

That's it for now :]
    And on that note, I hate when people do the opposite: when I call and they send me a text instead of calling me back. Texting and calling are so not the same thing.

Also, when people don't call when they say they're going to, or just plain don't return a phone call. That's my biggest pet peeve ever.
    05-21-08 03:38 PM
    As frustrating as it can be, that's the risk of non-verbal means of communication and you can't win 'em all. You or the other person can be straight-up or passive-aggressive, busy or free, etc., but it all gets translated differently when you're just typing out words.
    Logic of course. This is why i value your opinion
    05-21-08 03:43 PM
    Logic of course. This is why i value your opinion
    HA! Sarcasm?
    05-21-08 03:46 PM
    These are kind of random, but they annoy me.

1. I hate one word text replies. Especially when my friends just put "K". I have unlimited messaging it just annoys me.

2. When people say supposebly instead of supposedly.

3. My co-worker who is constantly on her cell phone with her bf. He'll drop her off at work, yet she walks in talking on the phone TO HIM. WTF?! He just dropped you off 30 seconds ago! I dont get it.
    05-21-08 03:46 PM
    "Gangster Tones" -I hate people with "gangster" ringtones. Sure... its cool to like lil wayne.. But nobody care if you are the coochie monster. Great for you Mr. Swag

"Long Voice Mails"- If im calling you.. i know who you are.. I dont need to listen to your favorite love songs' chorus, then a 45 second introduction "hey you reached monica.. Im currently partying with the blah blah blah leave a message"

"Eye Spies"-- Its my phone for a reason. Stop waiting until i go to the restroom, or when im loungin to go through my phone. "Yes.. thats a girls number in my phone. Your feelings hurt? Step your game up. Oh.. that photo? Thats that girl. Look good, dont it?"

"Low Battery"- Man.. worse feeling in the world. I think im the only person whos conversations get good when i have a low battery.

"Dead areas"-- Self explanitory

----I got more, ill be back.
    05-21-08 03:48 PM
    HA! Sarcasm?
    Never sweetheart. Sarcasm is an understatement. But you amuse me.
    05-21-08 03:49 PM
    People grabbing my cellphone, not just with my blackberry ( I get extra pissed for that ) but friends who just take it without even asking, just to mess around with it, or play something on it.

DO NOT...TOUCH MY PHONE!
    Ha I'm the same way! Plus I can't stand it when people start snooping... okay, maybe they're just curious and want to see the fabulousness that is my Blackberry but still, if you look in my pictures and emails and try to go on my Facebook application, it feels like you're snooping.

And when you ACT like you're going to do it just to see my reaction doesn't make it better either.

Oh and I remembered a male specific peeve: I don't like it when guys burp REPEATEDLY -I understand you need to burp and I love it that you say excuse me but if you're going to burp a few times in a row, then I'm annoyed. And if it's gonna be an all night thing, then go home and burp there.

Blegh.
    05-21-08 03:51 PM
    Never sweetheart.
    Sweetheart? Be still, my beating heart.
    05-21-08 03:52 PM
    Sweetheart? Be still, my beating heart.
    You are beautiful. Intrigue me through another outlet besides here.

Invitiation to my heart

[ ] Yes
    [ ] No

X_________________ [Sign, Sealed Delivered, Im yours]
    05-21-08 03:55 PM
    More Peeves...

i hate ugly females with high self-esteem. Sweetheart.. you're ugly, you shouldn't be strong and confident. Looks are everything and u got nothin.

I hate seeing fat girls waiting for the elevator.

I hate chicks with no **** but yet wear jeans meant for phat girls. them jeans don't fit u right babes, sorry.

I hate gossipy *** shallow females. {what i'd like to call "Tabloiders"]

I hate females who call themselves "grown *** women" yet they priorities and interests are still that of a 17 year old. kiddy breeds.
    05-21-08 03:56 PM
    People That Chew With Their Mouth Open!!!
    05-21-08 04:05 PM
    You are beautiful. Intrigue me through another outlet besides here.

Invitiation to my heart

[ ] Yes
    [*X*] No

X_________________ [Sign, Sealed Delivered, Im yours]
    While the detail is cute, your post right after this is enough to make a straight woman reconsider her sexuality. Heaven forbid someone you don't think is top notch has some self-confidence, or a "fat girl" waits on the elevator.

Here's a shovel ... go ahead and dig yourself a little deeper.

*sheesh*

My pet peeve: misogyny.
    05-21-08 04:06 PM
    While the detail is cute, your post right after this is enough to make a straight woman reconsider her sexuality. Heaven forbid someone you don't think is top notch has some self-confidence, or a "fat girl" waits on the elevator.

Here's a shovel ... go ahead and dig yourself a little deeper.

*sheesh*

My pet peeve: misogyny.
    lmao. Very wrong. Im very big on optimism. Meanwhile.. A woman should care about her appearance just as much as a man. Even if thats the case.. appearance is 30% of attraction for a man. split that 30 with sexual stimulation, and it doesnt mean too much. I prefer to have my bag of chips full, instead of half empty. I cant help being someone who doesnt dwell on "settling for less"

But.. I digress.

Your welcome about the little "note" persay.

As far as your pet peeve, if that was a subliminal jab directed at me, you swung and missed, due to the fact that term is loosely diagnosed as reasoning to hatred of generalization and humanity. I love all creeds and kinds. And its not a form of sexism. Your going completely left field with the "pet peeves"
    Last edited by ClassaN0va; 05-21-08 at 04:11 PM.
    05-21-08 04:09 PM
    When I text someone and I know they have their phone right in front of them but don't respond.
    Also, I have this weird thing about people sitting behind me. I don't like when people sit behind me without a wall or something in between us.
    The worst is when someone sits directly behind or in front of you in an otherwise close to empty theatre. It always makes me wonder what is so special about that seat that they have to be right up on you?

Along the same note, I dont like when people have to pull into a parking place right next to you as you are getting in or out, when there are other open spaces equally as close to the front door where nobody is getting in or out. I have a 3 and a 1 year old, and am strapping them in their car seats, putting away stroller, etc the other day. I'll be damned if there wasn't a lady in an SUV right behind me and she waited for me to load up the kids, put away bags, stroller, etc while the spot directly to her right was open. I was kinda pissed off if fact, cause it makes you feel rushed for no reason.
    05-21-08 04:44 PM
    I went to see SPeed Racer with a cooler full of steaks.

I'll be damned if I didn't plaster every last person in the audience with a steak for talking during the movie.

LOL, all of these little kids with raw steak in their mouths.
    05-21-08 05:08 PM
    - I hate people who feet look like sunflower seed shells. Pedicures aint much my dear.

-People who brush they hair in the sink and don't clean it up

One thing in particular(off the top of my head). I was raised to be a gentleman and it's just common that I almost ALWAYS open the door for a lady. It prolly shouldn't bother me, cause I don't expect anything from what seems like a natural gesture...but I do ji get offended when the woman does not say thank you and just kinda comes through like I'm supposed to hold the door for her. Hate to say it it 9 x outta 10 when that happens, it's a sista. why is that?
    05-21-08 05:18 PM
    A few peeves:
    1. I'm a grammar/spelling Nazi. I absolutely cannot stand it when people have constant errors in their messages to me, (or forum posts, cough, cough), when its obvious if they just paid a tad bit more attention, they'd seem more intelligent. This goes for internet shorthand and slang, too...can't stand it.

2. Loud, obnoxious, annoying, knowitall types. 'Nuff said.

3. Filth...and those who choose to live in it. Roommates girlfriend is at the top of this list. If you can't cook without making a huge mess and cleaning dishes, surfaces, appliances when finished...DON'T COOK! If you don't LIVE in someones house, don't throw your dirty laundry/candy wrappers/lame books you're reading/dumb costume jewelry all over the place.
    Ok, I'm done...for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-08 05:20 PM
    It really bugs me when someone says they are going to do something and then they don't bother to call or anything to let you know they are not going to bother. And the Obnoxious know-it-all types just drive me over the edge too
    05-21-08 05:43 PM
    People who constantly look down on other people for "looks", looks are only skin deep, get to know someone before you judge them....
    05-21-08 06:23 PM
    A real peeve of mine is when folks think that I have the luxury of being on the net all the time to answer their emails, questions or IM's they have posted. When I get online I will get to them.

Best,

Otto
    05-22-08 07:41 AM
    i have to be on time
    and i have to have clean hands
    05-22-08 08:02 AM
    1) People who complain about things but do nothing in their power to change it.
    2) Drivers who go slow in the fast lanes, lane drift, brake for no reason, don't go right on red, drive up my ***, slow down to get on the highway, are over 25 yet beep & whoo hoo @ you out the window like you'd ever run over & want to meet that!
    3) People who slowly walk together horizontally on busy city streets so no one can get by them.
    05-22-08 08:18 AM
167 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD