I just saw news coverage of an air plane pulling a banner reading somewhere along the lines of"sex addict ,yea right,me too!".

I'm not at all a fan of media coverage of celebrity lives on any level.I wish the news would stick to important things. Like world city ,state ,health issues and stuff of the sort.what that person did by scrolling that banner was totally wrong. There should be laws against that kind of stuff.

Any one aware of the implications that "nasty"banner could have on tiger or even his family? One thing for certain is that it could be just an other trigger in tigers distraut life and could push him over the edge to do something. Drastic like maybe an attempt on his life.

Things like this are not uncommon when people are distraut. The age old practice if you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything should be practiced more diligently. Tmz and all those celebrity media coverage shows and magazines should be banned. And people should be made to work on honest jobs not the type of jobs you can learn in grade school through the practice of backstabbing and gossip.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 10:45 PM
    I think you need a different perspective on this.

Tiger chooses to be in the public domain and make a great deal of money from it, he has chosen to be the face of different companies and he is truly brilliant at his sport.

As he chooses these things, he simply cannot just chose to turn the press back off because he's been a scumbag. For my money he deserves everything he gets for deliberately choosing to wreck several people's lives and for his nasty betrayal of those who love him. Not to mention he's supposed to be a role model to kids.

The only people I feel sorry for are his wife and their family who he's done in a incredibly vile thing too. Everywhere she goes she's constantly reminded her husband is a cheating scumbag and the she has to carry the shame around her neck for his actions.

Suck it up Tiger, keep apologising and eventually people will stop talking about it even if they never forget it.
    04-09-10 03:28 AM
    Professional Sports doesn't define character; it reveals it.

04-09-10 06:52 AM
    Some people have way too much money if they can waste it on stunts like this.
    04-09-10 07:16 AM
    Tiger owes nobody an apology but those directly involved. Everybody else needs to just mind their own business. People act like Tiger somehow let them down. Guys, he's nothing to you but an entertainer, unless you're his family, a close friend maybe or a mistress.

By the way, that was a pretty good prank with the plane and banner. Hey people need to grow thicker skin if they let things like that get to them. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen... That's part of the problem with the world today, everybody's so dang overly sensitive these days. Man up and deal with the consequences of what you have done, including people making jokes at your expense...

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 04-09-10 at 03:00 PM.
    04-09-10 02:56 PM
    I'd normally agree with Sandman but if you choose to live your life in the public domain you don't get to choose when to tell people to b.utt out.

He has let people down, he's a role model and also was the face of my brands that bought into his clean, family image.

He's guilty on all accounts.
    04-09-10 02:59 PM
    That's the risk they take by trying to capitalize off someone's clean image, without understanding everybody is human and humans make mistakes.

As far as I'm concerned, anybody who gets worked up over anything anyone else does (that doesn't directly effect them) needs to grow up and get a life because the bottom line is he is there to make as much money as he can using his ability to entertain people by playing golf. That's it. He owes nobody anything beyond the best game of golf he can play.

I guess my feeling is that those who rely so heavily on celebrities to live their lives are pathetic. I guess I also don't understand the appeal of celebrity endorsements of products either. I know eating wheaties or using Nike golf clubs, or whatever aren't going to make me as good as the person endorsing it. If they did, I'd trade my Pings in for Nikes for sure. It just seems ridiculous to me that anybody would put any weight in what other people do, besides the entertainment factor.

04-09-10 03:08 PM
    That's fair enough I guess. I too have a strong dislike for celebrities and the mini industry they generate in terms of gossip magazines and the like.

I do however believe he does have some responsibility to his sponsors and also the general public even if it isn't binding by anything more than morality.

Also I guess I generally have a strong dislike for scumbags of either sex who commit such actions but again that's just down to my own strong moral values.
    04-09-10 03:14 PM
    If he was not a celebrity he would be on Jerry Springer..he's an athlete, who cares about his personal life..let him play golf and if he wants to ruin his marriage its his business. The media has nothing better to do. He's a loser that got famous and used it to his advantage. Tiger Tiger Woods ya'll.

04-09-10 03:26 PM
    Man who cares what he did look at him right now! he is in top form at the masters despite the haters, and the fans are loving him.

I say GO TIGER, and forget the haters the man is human we all have our faults.

Go Tiger! GO!!!
    04-09-10 03:26 PM
    Another thing people could possibly be misinformed on is his duty to his sponsors regarding his image. Unless they were smart enough/him dumb enough to include and agree to a "morality" clause, this wouldn't have breached any contract, as it wouldn't have been one of the terms. Now, the sponsors may be upset and/or just buy him out of the remaining contracts if that were to happen, but I don't see how they could do much else without themselves being found in breach of contract.

04-09-10 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD