This is something that really burns my a@#! I have several friends that only call when they are in the car. The minute they get to where they are going, "Ok, I'm gonna go. Bye"

They won't talk on the phone once they get home, even if they walk into an empty house. I know there are a lot of people on this forum that only text and hardly talk on the phone, but this goes out to the people that actually talk on their phones.

Anyone else know what I'm dealing with?
    11-23-10 08:29 PM
    I tend to make most of my phone calls while commuting because Im very busy running my company all day.

its easier to make the calls while driving from wholesalers or butchers.

I will talk on the phone if im home... but its most convenient to use my hands free while driving.

I will let the person go as soon as i get where I am going because im am not going to go into a place of business yapping away.

thats just me though.
    11-23-10 08:35 PM
    I'm right there with you fubaz, I have most of my conversations driving from store to store, I'm not going to talk on the phone while merchandising and if I'm @ the firehouse the phone's not on me anyway, goes without saying lol
    11-23-10 09:05 PM
    talking inside the car preserves the privacy of the conversation and respects the privacy of others as well.
    Continuing a call from the car as you hop into a train or walk on the sidewalk/ restaurant can be perceived as RUDE by most people...
    talking on the phone while inside your home is a different story.
    11-23-10 09:10 PM
    I guess I am the odd man out. The one place you will never talk to me is when I am
    in my car.

I spend a lot of time driving from one bank branch to another and anyone who
    calls me while I am driving goes direct to voicemail. You and this job and
    whatever crisis may have arisen is just not that damn important. The granddad
    taking his grandson fishing, the mom taking her kids to school, the wife picking
    up grocery, etc... and their safety will always be more important to me than
    your phone call, or text or BBM or IM
    11-24-10 12:04 AM
    What I can't stand even more is busy with other tasks and conversing with someone else while on the phone guy. I have a close friend who does this ALL the time. I always tell myself that I'm going to punch him when I see him. Of course I don't. But it really does pi$$ me off.
    11-24-10 05:01 AM
    I have a bike, i don't bike and call, unless I have a bluetooth device with me, which is insane during the winter as earmuffs muffle out the mic. I could use a wired headset, but why run the risk of cutting my attention in half adding to the ADD that already messes up my attention? lol **** no.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-10 05:04 AM
    Sometimes those few minutes of not being interrupted while you are driving is the only time to make some personal calls and check in and say hello. So instead of complaining; how about being appreciative that you were thought of as one of the people that person took the time to call. Even if just for minute.
    11-24-10 07:17 AM
    Sometimes those few minutes of not being interrupted while you are driving is the only time to make some personal calls and check in and say hello. So instead of complaining; how about being appreciative that you were thought of as one of the people that person took the time to call. Even if just for minute.
    I thought the OP was saying it in a completely different way - I pictured high school/college girls getting in the car and chatting away.
    11-24-10 07:26 AM
    So instead of complaining; how about being appreciative that you were thought of as one of the people that person took the time to call. Even if just for minute.
    Great point. I guess I will look at it that way from now on.
    11-28-10 08:21 PM
    but if you're selling something... i wouldn't mind you NOT calling Me. =)
    11-28-10 08:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD