Seems like my moms windows is corrupted on her pc. Its a Gateway. Its askin for a password which she has never entered before. You can't actually make it to windows its like a dos promt. Can she just buy a copy of windos and install it or is there more to it than that?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 05:07 PM
    Well if you have the system discs that came with the PC you can format and re-install Windows. You will lose everything on the computer though.

Does it ask for a password after Windows starts? Have you tried just hitting enter with nothing in the password field?

06-21-08 08:02 PM
    Don't have the original disk. U can't get windows to start at all.

06-21-08 08:15 PM
    If it is asking for a password before windows even begins to load that is a system level password set in the systems bios. That can be cleared by resetting the bios. But someone will need to make sure to redo the bios settings once it has been reset. But that is too complicated to go into in a post.

Seeing as it is a gateway why not call gateway tech support they can talk you through the process. I can only assume someone was poking around and accidentally set a password if there was no password before.
    06-21-08 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD