I talked to them Friday and was told that BlackBerry had to release it to me. I told the guy on the phone that he was full of sh1t and it had to go through Sprints testing first. Then he said you are right. We must test any updates to make sure that you don't have a problem with your device. So I said to him I purchased my device outright and they had bad phone service so what makes a difference. Well it's for your protection he tells me. I told him that I was going to load the 10.2 leak on my Q10 and he was done talking to me after I said that.
    Posted via CB10
    Give 'em hail boys!!!

Back a few years ago, when I got my first BB phone, a Pearl, I fought AT&T all the way up to the woman who was the first point of contact with RIM for them. They would not release the build with the international font packages for use in the US, they had them in service in the rest of the world. I pushed her until she released them. My wife is Chinese and we do a lot of business with China and she needed to be able to read and send text and emails in Chinese.
    Keep going up the ladder until you reach the person who makes the decisions. Those below are Supposed to say NO! It is their job, don't be put off, just patiently ask for their superior/supervisor and call back if you don't get through. It took me almost a week to reach "The Man"!
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    01-20-14 12:59 PM
    Give 'em hail boys!!!

Back a few years ago, when I got my first BB phone, a Pearl, I fought AT&T all the way up to the woman who was the first point of contact with RIM for them. They would not release the build with the international font packages for use in the US, they had them in service in the rest of the world. I pushed her until she released them. My wife is Chinese and we do a lot of business with China and she needed to be able to read and send text and emails in Chinese.
    Keep going up the ladder until you reach the person who makes the decisions. Those below are Supposed to say NO! It is their job, don't be put off, just patiently ask for their superior/supervisor and call back if you don't get through. It took me almost a week to reach "The Man"!
    I am so with you on this. I've spent at least 4 very long phone conversations with f*cking Rogers, cause they're trying to charge me over $100 for a trade in phone they gave me for free. Its a Doro, and they're not worth 5 cents.
    With each call of more than an hour each, they take off another charge as a 'courtesy'.
    Morons the lot of them! It is costing them more in taken thru all these calls then if they'd just done what they said in the first place >(
    dazzleaj and sad_old_man like this.
    01-20-14 01:09 PM
    Give 'em hail boys!!!

I have been having problems with my phone service for the past year and called Sprint several times. Finally I told the rep. on the phone, every time I have a dropped call I am going to call and complain. After calling for several months two or three times a day, I finally received an email telling me that the problem in my area was fixed. I haven't had a dropped call sense. Maybe I will aggravate them over the update. Maybe all of us BlackBerry users should.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:16 PM
    I have been having problems with my phone service for the past year and called Sprint several times. Finally I told the rep. on the phone, every time I have a dropped call I am going to call and complain. After calling for several months two or three times a day, I finally received an email telling me that the problem in my area was fixed. I haven't had a dropped call sense. Maybe I will aggravate them over the update. Maybe all of us BlackBerry users should.

Posted via CB10
    if you're off contract & sitting on an upgrade, like me, you have more leverage,,, give them a call & mention how vz has the z30 & how tempting it is to bail on them...
    01-20-14 01:21 PM
    if you're off contract & sitting on an upgrade, like me, you have more leverage,,, give them a call & mention how vz has the z30 & how tempting it is to bail on them...
    I have tried to play that card. We hate to see you go. But if we can help in the future please give us a call.
    Sprint is all about there customer service award giving them a bad review and they usually do something about the problems.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 01:29 PM
    I am so with you on this. I've spent at least 4 very long phone conversations with f*cking Rogers, cause they're trying to charge me over $100 for a trade in phone they gave me for free. Its a Doro, and they're not worth 5 cents.
    With each call of more than an hour each, they take off another charge as a 'courtesy'.
    Morons the lot of them! It is costing them more in taken thru all these calls then if they'd just done what they said in the first place >(
    Something I started doing is asking the person I am talking if they have the authority to what I want done. Most say no. They also say "you cant get that done by Anyone!!!" I always replay something like, "I am sure you are correct but please just humor me and pass me along. You have been very helpful." This usually gets me to the next level. With AT&T, the district supervisor has the authority to give you anything within reason and understands you are valuable. At least in my experience that is. I had Verizon for one of my kids phones years ago and it took 6 months and almost a million phone calls to get them to send me a check for $1.50 that I overpaid when I closed the account. Three or four times I was told OK but nothing happened. Called up the line past the levels I had been dealing with noting past failures. I got high enough it got done. My #2 daughter now has Verizon and just routinely goes two or three levels past the first tier to get results. They even know her now, she is professional and persistent, she gets results.
    01-20-14 01:40 PM
    Mutter.....mutter.......i don't knows honestly.............give thees personbodies sofistikated thingys and they is all in troubles they is.

Ok secondly you needs to sits on a rock in the sunshine see.

Thirdly you needs to be by the seas see.

Firstly you needs to opens the bokkles see.

At the beginning start wiv putting your new bb10 phone on the rock in front of yous see.

Secondly you needs to starts the consumptioning of the bokkles contenteds see.

Lastly enjoy the bokkles and the warm sunshine on your bum see.

When you is all sunned up and feeling contented wiv the world see (usually happens when you get the urge to join greenpeace and want to go fight Russian seal wrestlers see) then take the empty bokkles and smash your bb10 phone to bits and bits................

Relax and enjoy the calm and wait for the sound of approaching sirens before running back to the house...........
    01-20-14 02:01 PM
    I have tried to play that card. We hate to see you go. But if we can help in the future please give us a call.
    Sprint is all about there customer service award giving them a bad review and they usually do something about the problems.

Posted via CB10
    Get them to put you thru to the 'loyalty' department. It doesn't really exist, but when you raise h3ll several times, they give you to another person and pretend its the 'loyalty' department. Just don't ever say you know what they're up to Just keep calling, sort of like a telemarketer. The whole game with the lot of them is to get you so fed up that you just pay them. One person in my office paid $200.00 to get out of her contract. Don't let them!!
    01-20-14 03:18 PM
    OMG, please forgive me for completely underestimating people.

So you are now officially out of the contest, which means that you at the moment are the winner. You need to take therapy and return after the update of the PB to BB11 and I will post the prize to you.

Sent by a friend using my fingers!
    They're still keeping you in that straight jacket, eh ?? hehehehe
    01-20-14 05:02 PM
    I have downloaded several ebooks for my wife with no problem from Amazon.
    I have downloaded hundreds for my self from dozens of places.

There are many places to get free downloaded books on line. The best place to start is Project Gutenberg at gutenberg.org. They have 42,000 books:

Our ebooks are free in the United States because their copyright has expired. They may not be free of copyright in other countries. Readers outside of the United States must check the copyright laws of their countries before downloading or redistributing our ebooks. We also have a number of copyrighted titles, for which the copyright holder has given permission for unlimited non-commercial worldwide use.
    Last edited by dazzleaj; 01-20-14 at 05:16 PM. Reason: cus Im eliterat
    Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    01-20-14 05:13 PM
    I have downloaded several ebooks for my wife with no problem from Amazon.
    I have downloaded hundreds for my self from dozens of places.

There are many places to get free downloaded books on line. The best place to start is Project Gutenberg at gutenberg.org. They have 42,000 books:

Our ebooks are free in the United States because their copyright has expired. They may not be free of copyright in other countries. Readers outside of the United States must check the copyright laws of their countries before downloading or redistributing our ebooks. We also have a number of copyrighted titles, for which the copyright holder has given permission for unlimited non-commercial worldwide use.
    Really interesting experience. The book magically appeared when I opened my kindle icon and its on both PBs. Also, a friend sent me several epub books, so I tried one of those too. That ended up living in my adobe icon.
    So now the only one question that remains is downloading fees. For example, if your in Starbucks on their free wifi,a d you dow load a bunch ofbooks, are you still charged by your provider? Also, do these free wifi zones have a download limit?
    01-20-14 06:14 PM
    Really interesting experience. The book magically appeared when I opened my kindle icon and its on both PBs. Also, a friend sent me several epub books, so I tried one of those too. That ended up living in my adobe icon.
    So now the only one question that remains is downloading fees. For example, if your in Starbucks on their free wifi,a d you dow load a bunch ofbooks, are you still charged by your provider? Also, do these free wifi zones have a download limit?
    As I understand it, no and no, at least I have never heard of one. But you do need to be in the wifi mode with your provider's service turned off. If you have wifi in your house, you can turn your provider service off there also and use your internet provider for "free". I have Comcast Cable's limited basic TV service with their first tier internet service. About $75 a month. We don't watch much TV but I do hook the playbook up to it and play movies from Utube and other sites. I found a long HDMI cable on Amazon that came with a neet adapter to use the tiny HDMI port on the playbook. Works great and was easier than I thought it would be. Also, while in Starbucks, Mc Donalds, JCPenneys, Etc. you can actually download a movie while you eat and watch it later.
    01-20-14 06:35 PM
    As I understand it, no and no, at least I have never heard of one. But you do need to be in the wifi mode with your provider's service turned off. If you have wifi in your house, you can turn your provider service off there also and use your internet provider for "free". I have Comcast Cable's limited basic TV service with their first tier internet service. About $75 a month. We don't watch much TV but I do hook the playbook up to it and play movies from Utube and other sites. I found a long HDMI cable on Amazon that came with a neet adapter to use the tiny HDMI port on the playbook. Works great and was easier than I thought it would be. Also, while in Starbucks, Mc Donalds, JCPenneys, Etc. you can actually download a movie while you eat and watch it later.
    I use the HDMI cable and stream movies and tv shows thru project freetv and will now use putlocker out of Uk using origami. I hadn't thought of downloading them - thx.
    So if you’re at Starbucks, etc, you're automatically connected there and not to your home, right? My home wifi has a short range - my house.
    01-20-14 07:01 PM
    I use the HDMI cable and stream movies and tv shows thru project freetv and will now use putlocker out of Uk using origami. I hadn't thought of downloading them - thx.
    So if you’re at Starbucks, etc, you're automatically connected there and not to your home, right? My home wifi has a short range - my house.
    What I have had to do whenever I am in a new wifi zone is tap the wifi icon in the upper right then tap it again in the drop down box that has the blue ON switch. The next drop down menu will search for and tell you what networks are visible to it. I then choose one and connect to it. Once this brought up another box saying the network needed me to agree to terms and asked me if that was OK. I said yes and the browser came up and I read and agreed, checked the box and bingo I was on!! Just try it and see, The last time I was in Mac Donald's they gave me a password to use for 2 hours, that was a couple years ago though.
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and sad_old_man like this.
    01-20-14 07:31 PM
    Hey boys and girls BlackBerry is going to release 10.2.1 on January 28th. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to release it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 08:11 PM
    What I have had to do whenever I am in a new wifi zone is tap the wifi icon in the upper right then tap it again in the drop down box that has the blue ON switch. The next drop down menu will search for and tell you what networks are visible to it. I then choose one and connect to it. Once this brought up another box saying the network needed me to agree to terms and asked me if that was OK. I said yes and the browser came up and I read and agreed, checked the box and bingo I was on!! Just try it and see, The last time I was in Mac Donald's they gave me a password to use for 2 hours, that was a couple years ago though.
    Last time I was in McDonalds they gave me the screaming meemies and it lasted longer than two hours. You're lucky
    01-20-14 09:21 PM
    Hey boys and girls BlackBerry is going to release 10.2.1 on January 28th. Lets see how long it takes Sprint to release it.

Posted via CB10
    Wots a blackberry and why would anyone need 10.2 of em?
    01-20-14 09:21 PM
    One to crap on and 9.2 of them to cover it up with.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:28 PM
    One to crap on and 9.2 of them to cover it up with.

Posted via CB10
    I thought it was just the cat that burried his berries
    01-20-14 09:35 PM
    OMG, SOM has taken possession of the baby!!
    01-20-14 10:25 PM

Run for your lives!!
    01-20-14 10:44 PM
    PB 64Gb Free when upgrade arrives (terms and conditions apply)-untitled.png
    01-21-14 08:25 AM

Run for your lives!!
    You get 5 gold stars for this one - and when SOM (lovingly known as the lepronome) gets back from stashing more pots o'gold from under his rainbow, you deserve to get knighted right away !
    01-21-14 08:33 AM
    You get 5 gold stars for this one - and when SOM (lovingly known as the lepronome) gets back from stashing more pots o'gold from under his rainbow, you deserve to get knighted right away !
    I is here sitting in the dark and he alreddy is knitted see eh?
    01-21-14 11:42 AM
    I is here sitting in the dark and he alreddy is knitted see eh?
    Oh, so you finally popped up from stashing your gold under thems rainbows, eh?

PB 64Gb Free when upgrade arrives (terms and conditions apply)-air_20140121_00000.jpg
    01-21-14 02:02 PM
7,608 ... 246247248249250 ...