Its ok I understand.......slow footsteps fading into the distance accompanied by quiet sobbing and muttering........
    no don't walk slow, run fast to your nearest Wallymart
    dphjeff and sad_old_man like this.
    10-23-13 05:05 PM
    He is doing a good job to save me embalming cost.
    As much booze as S_O_M drinks he is already embalmed. He has a little blood in his alcohol stream.
    10-23-13 05:28 PM
    What spare time, if he has spare time he should be heading down to Wallymart and picking me up a Hisense Pro 7, transporting it ever so gently to the nearest postal outlet and sending it on it's merry way to it's new home in the Great White North
    Why not wait until black Friday and Cyber Monday and get some real bargains? The Hisense may be OK but it has the old Tegra3, only one GB of RAM and 8 GB of memory. Sure you can get an SD card to put in it. Too bad Wally World in Canada doesn't carry it. Have you used or handled one of these very much? I need to go to my local Walmart and check it out maybe.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    10-23-13 08:49 PM
    Why not wait until black Friday and Cyber Monday and get some real bargains? The Hisense may be OK but it has the old Tegra3, only one GB of RAM and 8 GB of memory. Sure you can get an SD card to put in it. Too bad Wally World in Canada doesn't carry it. Have you used or handled one of these very much? I need to go to my local Walmart and check it out maybe.

You wouldn't believe he has a perfectly good playbook would you?..........Ok I know I know I'm going already!
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-24-13 05:22 AM
    You wouldn't believe he has a perfectly good playbook would you?..........Ok I know I know I'm going already!
    I have several, just not as many as you
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 06:52 AM
    I need to get a few more just to keep up.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 07:11 AM
    I want S_O_M to get me a Sony Xperia Z. At least recoup some of the money I have given him...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 07:20 AM

No I haven't tried one of these as they are not available in Canada and all the units on E-bay are selling for way more than they cost. I suppose I could cross the ditch and get my prostrate exam done so I could pick one up myselft but that's not likely to happen any time soon. Sure as hell not on Black Friday.

I've never used any android tablet and have only about 10 minutes of total usage on an Ipad. I been kicking the tires and this seems to be the best deal on a disposable android tablet and also has the HDMI out and SD card expansion. Just looking out of pure boredom. Not like the playbooks are going to do any more in the future than they do now.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 08:35 AM
    I want S_O_M to get me a Sony Xperia Z. At least recoup some of the money I have given him...
    Give me a good reason to and I will you wayward grape! Sony Xperia? Don't tell me I have to worry as much about you as I do the Kat and the baby? The babies off on a Google fetish and the kats just stupid. Don't you start as well!
    10-24-13 08:36 AM
    Give me a good reason to and I will you wayward grape! Sony Xperia? Don't tell me I have to worry as much about you as I do the Kat and the baby? The babies off on a Google fetish and the kats just stupid. Don't you start as well!
    It's waterproof and I can document the beautiousness of barrier reef mk2.
    10-24-13 08:43 AM
    It's waterproof and I can document the beautiousness of barrier reef mk2.
    You just failed cause it's barrier reef mk3 so you would be documenting something that no longer exists as mk2 sunk and has been superseded by............well you know what I mean?

No I haven't tried one of these as they are not available in Canada and all the units on E-bay are selling for way more than they cost. I suppose I could cross the ditch and get my prostrate exam done so I could pick one up myselft but that's not likely to happen any time soon. Sure as hell not on Black Friday.

I've never used any android tablet and have only about 10 minutes of total usage on an Ipad. I been kicking the tires and this seems to be the best deal on a disposable android tablet and also has the HDMI out and SD card expansion. Just looking out of pure boredom. Not like the playbooks are going to do any more in the future than they do now.
    Have you actually got lektrikaty in that heathen backland?
    Cynycl and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    10-24-13 08:49 AM
    Add me on bbm 75FB22C8
    som I hope you manage this time

sent from my Blackberry using my fingers
    10-24-13 09:35 AM
    So, it would seem Blackberry has a new suitor. John Sculley, best known for his portrayal of a lovable blue monster in Monsters Inc. firing Steve Jobs from Apple "is exploring a bid for beleaguered BlackBerry Ltd. with Canadian partners" (source)
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 10:24 AM
    [QUOTE=sad_old_man;9399680]Give me a good reason to and I will you wayward grape! Sony Xperia? Don't tell me I have to worry as much about you as I do the Kat and the baby? The babies off on a Google fetish and the kats just stupid. Don't you start as well![/QUOTE
    Mutter....Mutter....mutter......stupid leprenome riding his stupid remote control plane...playing his stupid playbook. Mutter.....Mutter....Mutter...can't post pic, can't link video, can't take picture, can't tell time, can't use Google map, can't drive, can't make popcorn, know nothing about audio formats, can't even keep friend with the cowboy.....Mutter.....Mutter...Mutter....
    10-24-13 10:37 AM

Thought Canada would have Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

If you want to get the latest Android experience get a tab which is using the latest version or is upgradeable to that version. One reason I bought a Nexus 7 was that because it was a Google product I could reasonably expect timely upgrades. Perhaps the Hisense will also get such upgrades. From the threads at Android Central it has received some upgrades and is now running Jellybean v4.2.1 or perhaps v4.2.2. It is also, like the Nexus 7, capable of using OTG with Nexus Media Importer or by rooting. This is discussed near the end of a very long thread in Android Central. So it apparently is a very usable tab despite the low built in storage and would be an reasonable choice. But it still is last years technology just like the N7.1,which is on v4.3, that I am using now.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=282263

10-24-13 11:49 AM
    Thought Canada would have Black Friday and Cyber Monday.

If you want to get the latest Android experience get a tab which is using the latest version or is upgradeable to that version. One reason I bought a Nexus 7 was that because it was a Google product I could reasonably expect timely upgrades. Perhaps the Hisense will also get such upgrades. From the threads at Android Central it has received some upgrades and is now running Jellybean v4.2.1 or perhaps v4.2.2. It is also, like the Nexus 7, capable of using OTG with Nexus Media Importer or by rooting. This is discussed near the end of a very long thread in Android Central. So it apparently is a very usable tab despite the low built in storage and would be an reasonable choice. But it still is last years technology just like the N7.1,which is on v4.3, that I am using now.

Hisense Sero 7 Pro - Unboxing pictures (no video) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

I think I heard our Kunahdiun contingent speak of Boxing Day:
    Boxing Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    10-24-13 11:54 AM
    [QUOTE=bambinoitaliano;9400925]
    Mutter....Mutter....mutter......stupid leprenome riding his stupid remote control plane...playing his stupid playbook. Mutter.....Mutter....Mutter...can't post pic, can't link video, can't take picture, can't tell time, can't use Google map, can't drive, can't make popcorn, know nothing about audio formats, can't even keep friend with the cowboy.....Mutter.....Mutter...Mutter....
    Stupid kat does everyone have to sort your reading out?
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-24-13 12:01 PM
    [QUOTE=sad_old_man;9401698]

Stupid kat does everyone have to sort your reading out?
    I do the muttering here?
    10-24-13 12:09 PM
    [QUOTE=Gooseberry Falls;9401776]

I do the muttering here?
    Ok it won't happen again, promise!
    Cynycl likes this.
    10-24-13 12:23 PM
    Attachment 213810

I really do promise!
    Cynycl and Gooseberry Falls like this.
    10-24-13 12:24 PM
    I think I heard our Kunahdiun contingent speak of Boxing Day:
    Boxing Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Since you brought up Wiki I looked up Back Friday, the day after US thanksgiving, and Cyber Monday, the following Monday, and both are listed as being used in Canada. Boxing day, the day after Christmas, is apparently a big thing in Canada but you can also count on US merchants having big sales after Christmas or maybe even before depending on how stuff is moving.

Cyncl: How much of this Android desire is motivated by wanting to control your Chromecast from a tablet? The Chromecast app is available in Google play. And of course Google Chrome browser is available on the Android tablet but so far the ability to show browser content on the TV using Chromecast is not enabled. An early hack allowing Fling to function on a tablet was broken by a Chromecast update although Google denied that was the purpose of the update. Chromecast dongle operating system updates occur automatically.

sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 12:37 PM
    Attachment 213810

I really do promise!
    Stop stealing my christmas facebook photos.

note to self: check privacy settings
    10-24-13 01:20 PM
    Since you brought up Wiki I looked up Back Friday, the day after US thanksgiving, and Cyber Monday, the following Monday, and both are listed as being used in Canada. Boxing day, the day after Christmas, is apparently a big thing in Canada but you can also count on US merchants having big sales after Christmas or maybe even before depending on how stuff is moving.

Cyncl: How much of this Android desire is motivated by wanting to control your Chromecast from a tablet? The Chromecast app is available in Google play. And of course Google Chrome browser is available on the Android tablet but so far the ability to show browser content on the TV using Chromecast is not enabled. An early hack allowing Fling to function on a tablet was broken by a Chromecast update although Google denied that was the purpose of the update. Chromecast dongle operating system updates occur automatically.

Don't think borders stop anyone from celebrating anything or retailers having a sale. Better for everyone!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 01:22 PM

Most of the motivation is based on chromecast use, but also for the future third party apps that will have this function baked in, that of course will never work on Playbook.

Just something else to play with that isn't necessarily better than playbook, just different. My playbooks will still remain my primary media devices. For $129.00 (before sales cuts) that Hisense is basically disposable. I don't wan't to shell out for the Nexus since i'm not looking to replace the playbooks (not until they die) just something else to mess with to combat the boredom

We do have black friday and monday sales in Kaniduh, when the lektricaty is working, but our retailers have no where near the selection in the US. Walmart doesn't carry this tablet in Canada.

Our Walmarts only have the same clientele, not the same stock.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    10-24-13 01:28 PM
    Most of the motivation is based on chromecast use, but also for the future third party apps that will have this function baked in, that of course will never work on Playbook.

Just something else to play with that isn't necessarily better than playbook, just different. My playbooks will still remain my primary media devices. For $129.00 (before sales cuts) that Hisense is basically disposable. I don't wan't to shell out for the Nexus since i'm not looking to replace the playbooks (not until they die) just something else to mess with to combat the boredom

We do have black friday and monday sales in Kaniduh, when the lektricaty is working, but our retailers have no where near the selection in the US. Walmart doesn't carry this tablet in Canada.

Our Walmarts only have the same clientele, not the same stock.
    I knows what you mean babe, I knows what you mean........cmon lets boogie on down babe!

Attachment 213874
    10-24-13 03:12 PM
7,608 ... 166167168169170 ...