awwww you cow boy friend rides again....
    Glad you said that after giving me directions?

Posted via CB10
    08-16-13 10:39 AM
    Did anyone know that whatever happens to bb, if Thor is removed from office bb or the new owners will have to pay him $55.6M. No wonder he's selling the company short!
    08-16-13 02:38 PM
    Did anyone know that whatever happens to bb, if Thor is removed from office bb or the new owners will have to pay him $55.6M. No wonder he's selling the company short!
    That is f-in stupid. Why would someone agree to pay someone that kind of money if they loose there job because of a sale. Christ he makes 9 million per year . Thor isn't that great! The workers wouldn't get money for loosing there jobs. I forgot thats big business. Rich get richer and fk the little guy.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-16-13 at 07:53 PM.
    Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-16-13 04:56 PM
    Now we know why he screw us deliberately to tank the company. Off to lynch that bastart!! Som we need a couple of the whirly birds of yours.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff, Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    08-16-13 05:39 PM
    I think he turned in for the night.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-16-13 05:55 PM
    hey, I'm away right now so your missile will habe trouble tracking. hand raised but we tjought the cowboy wanted the cab
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-16-13 09:13 PM
    Food and drink are my specialities!
    Except for popcorn...... What is the score now, Popcorn Machine 3, SOM 0?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-17-13 12:26 AM
    Except for popcorn...... What is the score now, Popcorn Machine 3, SOM 0?
    But then again: popcorn can hardly be considered food anyway...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-17-13 02:58 AM
    That is f-in stupid. Why would someone agree to pay someone that kind of money if they loose there job because of a sale. Christ he makes 9 million per year . Thor isn't that great! The workers wouldn't get money for loosing there jobs. I forgot thats big business. Rich get richer and fk the little guy.
    I didn't write his contract? It's true never the less. If bb is sold and the new buyer no longer wants him then that's the sum he gets paid? It's all over the net if you want to read the articles. The thing that strikes me as odd is that given the amount of money involved its not really an incentive to make the CEO go out of his way to make the company successful again?????

He succeeds, he gets paid.
    He fails, he gets paid even more?

Good incentive scheme that one eh?
    dphjeff and FF22 like this.
    08-17-13 05:54 AM
    I didn't write his contract? It's true never the less. If bb is sold and the new buyer no longer wants him then that's the sum he gets paid? It's all over the net if you want to read the articles. The thing that strikes me as odd is that given the amount of money involved its not really an incentive to make the CEO go out of his way to make the company successful again?????

Not entirely. If the company was successful, if he stay on, he would have make more. However, the responsibilities lies with the board of directors who agree to such contract just over a year ago. So it's not like the board did not know BB was in a precarious situation. Thor was in a position to do no wrong when it come to his job. Regardless of success or failure he get rewarded.
    sad_old_man and dphjeff like this.
    08-17-13 06:03 AM
    Not entirely. If the company was successful, if he stay on, he would have make more. However, the responsibilities lies with the board of directors who agree to such contract just over a year ago. So it's not like the board did not know BB was in a precarious situation. Thor was in a position to do no wrong when it come to his job. Regardless of success or failure he get rewarded.
    Bit like me working for you isn't it?
    08-17-13 06:14 AM
    Bit like me working for you isn't it?
    There's always a sucker born every second.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-17-13 06:16 AM
    There's always a sucker born every second.
    There is one slight difference though. If I don't do my job to the best of my ability (which isn't a lot) then some poor pilot dies and the taxpayers lose a very expensive toy! I have already been paid in full for the contract so it doesn't matter if I'm good, bad, indifferent or in fact go home tomorrow due to unforseen circumstances, but I just like to get it right because I have someone's son sat in front of me and I don't like giving flags to mothers who are dressed in black!

Where the hell did all that come from?????????? Whoa I need bourbon urgently...... Oh I can't at the moment I'm up on Monday........ Damn..........

Has bb10 arrived on the pb yet?
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-13 06:29 AM
    There is one slight difference though. If I don't do my job to the best of my ability (which isn't a lot) then some poor pilot dies and the taxpayers lose a very expensive toy! I have already been paid in full for the contract so it doesn't matter if I'm good, bad, indifferent or in fact go home tomorrow due to unforseen circumstances, but I just like to get it right because I have someone's son sat in front of me and I don't like giving flags to mothers who are dressed in black!

Where the hell did all that come from?????????? Whoa I need bourbon urgently...... Oh I can't at the moment I'm up on Monday........ Damn..........

Has bb10 arrived on the pb yet?
    Or get back to bed!
    Well making decision on a device is not life and death. What do CEO care if someone losing their jobs? The whole role of CEO these days is all about cutting pay roll. Considering wages is the biggest expenses of operating a business. The direct impact of a death playbook or a death phone company will not be realize even years later.
    Geez I need to have a drink myself for actually conversing with you. Some thing is not right with my coffee.
    08-17-13 06:36 AM
    Or get back to bed!
    Well making decision on a device is not life and death. What do CEO care if someone losing their jobs? The whole role of CEO these days is all about cutting pay roll. Considering wages is the biggest expenses of operating a business. The direct impact of a death playbook or a death phone company will not be realize even years later.
    Geez I need to have a drink myself for actually conversing with you. Some thing is not right with my coffee.
    It is fact that that is what always happens. The reason is that it's the quickest way to cut costs and has an almost immediate affect on the bottom line, but it is one of the worst ways to cut costs and is the first sign of a bad CEO. Should the company survive and recover you have the incredibly high cost of recruitment and training to go through again which negates any savings you made in the first place. A company's best assets are its employees and without their support and loyalty any company is doomed to failure. Knee jerk reactions are normally the worst reactions to make ask any pilot but a CEO usually has weeks to decide instead of 20 secs.

Right stop it now cat your trying to get inside my head again when you know I can't drink to get you out of it!!!!!!!!!

By the way have I ever told you that I like you? Your a nice little ***** cat all full of fur and love and just need stroking. Would you like a tuna sandwich?
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-13 06:52 AM
    It is fact that that is what always happens. The reason is that it's the quickest way to cut costs and has an almost immediate affect on the bottom line, but it is one of the worst ways to cut costs and is the first sign of a bad CEO. Should the company survive and recover you have the incredibly high cost of recruitment and training to go through again which negates any savings you made in the first place. A company's best assets are its employees and without their support and loyalty any company is doomed to failure. Knee jerk reactions are normally the worst reactions to make ask any pilot but a CEO usually has weeks to decide instead of 20 secs.

Right stop it now cat your trying to get inside my head again when you know I can't drink to get you out of it!!!!!!!!!

By the way have I ever told you that I like you? Your a nice little ***** cat all full of fur and love and just need stroking. Would you like a tuna sandwich?
    Tell it to 95% of CEOs. There's no incentive for them to take companies into the future because they only have maximum tenure of five years.
    Listen you horny little gnome, there will be no stroking of any kind. I know you are waiting for bars to open.for now you just have to bear it and grin it.
    08-17-13 07:04 AM
    Tell it to 95% of CEOs. There's no incentive for them to take companies into the future because they only have maximum tenure of five years.
    Listen you horny little gnome, there will be no stroking of any kind. I know you are waiting for bars to open.for now you just have to bear it and grin it.
    Sorry nice little kitty cat but I'm up on Monday so I can't drink. I'm on orange juice and coffee until Thursday. I even forgive you for using the word gnome AGAIN! because I like you.
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-13 07:11 AM
    Or get back to bed!
    I was sleeping soundly until S_O_M woke me up. You got to admit it works. People step up to the plate and do more with less so they don't become a statistic. How else do you explain Dow 15000 and 8% unemployment?
    08-17-13 07:26 AM
    I was sleeping soundly until S_O_M woke me up. You got to admit it works. People step up to the plate and do more with less so they don't become a statistic. How else do you explain Dow 15000 and 8% unemployment?
    How do I know? I'm just a thick person that likes the cat. Don't you start trying to get into my head now little green hairy thing!
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-17-13 08:09 AM

Its the Ivory Tower mentality. People at the top of business and government thinking there the greatest and should be over paid or the world can't carry on. Making a profit isn't a dirty word, but making a profit on lies, cheating, and stealing is. I understand that those people need to make hard and tough decisions. Those decision can be made with respect and morals. I'm not one of those CEOs but have ran a business for 22 years and have tried to treat others as I would like to be treated. I am not monetarily rich but have made a good living for the past 22 years and have the respect of my customers and other businesses in my community. To me that is worth more than money. After I am dead and gone I would hope that will be remembered about me..
    Time to get back to poking fun at someone. S_O_M are you still awake?
    Remember life is all fun and games.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-17-13 at 11:33 AM.
    sad_old_man and cmdr_dan like this.
    08-17-13 11:21 AM
    Its the Ivory Tower mentality. People at the top of business and government thinking there the greatest and should be over paid or the world can't carry on. Making a profit isn't a dirty word, but making a profit on lies, cheating, and stealing is. I understand that those people need to make hard and tough decisions. Those decision can be made with respect and morals. I'm not one of those CEOs but have run a business for 22 years and have tried to treat others as I would like to be treated. I am not monetarily rich but have made a good living for the past 22 years and have the respect of my customer and other businesses in my community. To me that is worth more than money. After I am dead and gone I would hope that will be remembered about me..
    Time to get back to poking fun at someone. S_O_M are you still awake?
    Remember life is all fun and games.
    Oh now the Ducks trying to get inside my head. Honestly you let your guard down for a second and they're all in there like a swarm of locusts?

Ok duck in my new found humanitarian life, your officially off the list! Your free to go unharmed wherever you wish. I like you and you are my friend! (yuk this isn't going to last) I wish you a happy weekend and I will will not harm you ever............ Oh god I can't last until Thursday without bourbon?
    08-17-13 11:32 AM
    Oh now the Ducks trying to get inside my head. Honestly you let your guard down for a second and they're all in there like a swarm of locusts?

Ok duck in my new found humanitarian life, your officially off the list! Your free to go unharmed wherever you wish. I like you and you are my friend! (yuk this isn't going to last) I wish you a happy weekend and I will will not harm you ever............ Oh god I can't last until Thursday without bourbon?
    I thought it was that you couldn't drink until Tuesday. Now your saying Thursday. I guess that your my friend I will take the burden (or should I say Bourbon) and drink for the both of us.
    08-17-13 11:45 AM
    How do I know? I'm just a thick person that likes the cat. Don't you start trying to get into my head now little green hairy thing!

Always knew the cat and duck were the favs. Let's add up S_O_M's American Escapade:

1. Escalade + Mustang rental 9 mos $50K
    2. Beachside living 9 mos 50K
    3. Popcorn, Cheetos, Twinkies 3K
    4. Tom Cruise memorabilia 10K
    5. Goose Jacket 1K
    6. every other week vacations 20K
    7. Mars bar and wotsit imports 1K
    8. Mistreated popcorn machine 0.05K
    9. Cognac 2K

Are we up to a mil yet?
    dphjeff, sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    08-17-13 12:21 PM
    You do know that with a needle and thread, you can make popcorn strings or leis and decorate your home and deck or patio or xmas tree.

Those long winter evenings must fly by...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    08-17-13 01:10 PM
    Dear Mr Duck and my pal Mr Gooseberry who hasn't read the other thread yet. In the interest of accuracy I must point out the flaws in both of your statements although I forgive you both as you are both dear friends of mine.

Mr Duck, I always stated Thursday due to the regulations on consumption of alcohol before flying. I finish on Wednesday evening and therefore by Wednesday night I will hopefully be incapable of movement for obvious reasons.

Mr Gooseberry my dear friend, most of your numbers are inaccurate however I don't wish to upset you apart from the accommodation. You have 9mths valued at $50? I'll let you do the maths but the market value of the house is $2.5M.

I am privileged though to have both yourself and Mr Duck as my close friends and I am humbled by your concern for my comfort, thank you both.

ps the Escalade isn't rental, well unless the "COMPANY" rented it which given its "extra fittings?" I doubt.
    08-17-13 01:18 PM
7,608 ... 7677787980 ...