Before going on....

What's with your "P's?" Should they all be "PS?" Or is that the Veddy British Way? (g)

And I take it back. Taking mental inventory (you can imagine how trying that was), I only have FOUR (4) goose down sleeping bags. Got the original in 1969, probably before you were born, and the last about 4 or 5 years ago. One cannot have too many. The cross-country ski collection (encompasses a wide variety of types) puts that to shame. Someone I know threatened my life if I added to the collection. But defying death, I got two more pairs this month! There was a bit of huffing!

And who are you calling a "hic!"

PS or P's: How's the son?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-22-13 05:04 PM
    Before going on....

What's with your "P's?" Should they all be "PS?" Or is that the Veddy British Way? (g)

And I take it back. Taking mental inventory (you can imagine how trying that was), I only have FOUR (4) goose down sleeping bags. Got the original in 1969, probably before you were born, and the last about 4 or 5 years ago. One cannot have too many. The cross-country ski collection (encompasses a wide variety of types) puts that to shame. Someone I know threatened my life if I added to the collection. But defying death, I got two more pairs this month! There was a bit of huffing!

And who are you calling a "hic!"

PS or P's: How's the son?
    I don't know what you call a hic but here its something you do after drinking. Oh never mind.

Here is a picture of a Canada Goose so when one attacks you in the snowy places that you frequent, it will be clearly identifiable!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-22-13 05:34 PM
    And just in case you are attacked by the female version of the Canada Goose, this is what it will look like so you can recognise your assailant!
    FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-23-13 10:26 AM
    And of course your best defense against these wild animals is:
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:35 AM
    Why do I get the impression that he's not listening. Well I suppose he has no need to when he's already wall to wall with these jackets.

Ah well off to the cellar.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 10:37 AM
    It's snowing over here so we have a bought a turkey and we're going to have a xmas dinner with all the trimmings. Including watching the grizwald family xmas. Seems only sensible

Including a tot of the last of the homemade sloe gin
    sad_old_man, FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-23-13 11:37 AM
    It's snowing over here so we have a bought a turkey and we're going to have a xmas dinner with all the trimmings. Including watching the grizwald family xmas. Seems only sensible

Including a tot of the last of the homemade sloe gin
    Get thee behind me Satan!!!!!

Just for your information in case you accidentally on purpose bump into F2 over there where you have Canada Goose jackets and we don't, ( I won't hold that against you personally) but it's snowing here as well. I make no apologies for this but I think it's F2 doing his thing. He does seem to have a thing about this cold white stuff which for the life of me I can't understand.

I will however hold the sloe gin against you, we'll not actually, I mean mentioning it, oh sod it you know what I mean.

"CAUSE I HAVN'T GOT ANY!!!!!!!!"
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-23-13 11:53 AM
    Why do I get the impression that he's not listening. Well I suppose he has no need to when he's already wall to wall with these jackets.

Ah well off to the cellar.
    He was busy cross-country skiing today. While it was chilly, goose down in either version, male or female, was not necessary. 21F in the morning. 39F at the end of the day. EXHAUSTED!!!! 11 mile loop with 2,300 feet of gain (what's that about 800 meters).
    sad_old_man and kbz1960 like this.
    03-23-13 07:19 PM
    He was busy cross-country skiing today. While it was chilly, goose down in either version, male or female, was not necessary. 21F in the morning. 39F at the end of the day. EXHAUSTED!!!! 11 mile loop with 2,300 feet of gain (what's that about 800 meters).
    There are times F2 when I do seriously worry about you and this strange fixation you seem to have about being in cold white places at heights that only birds and fools should be at, doing things with strange sticks tied to your feet. Leave all that stuff to the reindeer and other such creatures. They are meant to be out in the snow are ridiculously cold temperatures and they don't know any better. They haven't discovered central heating yet or brandy but give them time and they will. Then you'll be all alone up there because they'll be in front of the fire sipping brandy and watching you out of the windows as you go past and laughing.
    kbz1960 and FF22 like this.
    03-24-13 07:26 AM
    We have plenty of those Canadian geese around here. I can try to catch some and send them to you so you can make your own goose jacket.

PB 64Gb Free when upgrade arrives (terms and conditions apply)-canada-goose_487_600x450.jpg
    sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    03-24-13 07:31 AM
    Awwww shucks what a pretty picture that is. Which ones F2?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 07:51 AM
    03-24-13 08:04 AM
    There are times F2 when I do seriously worry about you and this strange fixation you seem to have about being in cold white places at heights that only birds and fools should be at, doing things with strange sticks tied to your feet. Leave all that stuff to the reindeer and other such creatures. They are meant to be out in the snow are ridiculously cold temperatures and they don't know any better. They haven't discovered central heating yet or brandy but give them time and they will. Then you'll be all alone up there because they'll be in front of the fire sipping brandy and watching you out of the windows as you go past and laughing.
    It is pretty (and at my age and condition exhausting). I won't mention those trips from yesteryears - pulling a sled through Yellowstone, trenching down to a river and soaking in a said river which was HOT. Or camping at MINUS 35F (-37C) but no sled that time just a pack on the back. Oh, those days. Those trips were accompanied by appropriate liquid refreshments and hot chocolate (never been a coffee person). I like the image of reindeer and buffalo (bison).

P's, you never said if that's the proper British method - I'm trying to learn.

Oh, good morning (afternoon in your case). And the friend I skied with yesterday, she wants to do a 30 mile bike ride today but I'm passing - some sense)
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:25 AM
    Take a gander!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:26 AM
    Mmmmmmmm I wonder what F2 is up to today. I get very nervous when he's quiet. I keep listening for the clatter of those sticks he ties to his feet and waiting for the blast of atoms from his microwave. Really though it can't be right can it. I was always told that only two types of mammals fly, birds and fools and birds don't fly that high or that fast!

In keeping with the thread though we did have a sister Vulcan that reported a bird strike at just over 40,000 feet once. Apparently he did hit a Canada Goose. Just can't trust anything from that place wherever it is. The Vulcan won though because most of it came back down in one piece as opposed to the unfortunate goose.

Therefore the lesson for today is don't pick on a Vulcan if your a goose!

Here endeth the lesson.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:28 AM
    It is pretty (and at my age and condition exhausting). I won't mention those trips from yesteryears - pulling a sled through Yellowstone, trenching down to a river and soaking in a said river which was HOT. Or camping at MINUS 35F (-37C) but no sled that time just a pack on the back. Oh, those days. Those trips were accompanied by appropriate liquid refreshments and hot chocolate (never been a coffee person). I like the image of reindeer and buffalo (bison).

Oh, good morning (afternoon in your case). And the friend I skied with yesterday, she wants to do a 30 mile bike ride today but I'm passing - some sense)
    You're Eskimo aren't you.
    03-24-13 09:39 AM
    Take a gander!
    ISWYDT
    03-24-13 09:39 AM
    ISWYDT
    STOP IT WITH THOSE DAMN LONG WORDS YOU TWO! Otherwise I will have no alternative but to stamp my feet and scream and cry, so there. I don't want to spend all afternoon googling your long words like archipelago and other daft words!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:47 AM

You could follow her
    sad_old_man, FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    03-24-13 09:48 AM
    You could follow her
    Oh not another big long words user!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:52 AM
    You're Eskimo aren't you.
    Just set me on an ice floe and push it off.......... I do think that the Bronx is as far from Eskimo origins as possible! Parents were even further away - Manhattan oh, NOT Kansas.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:55 AM
    ISWYDT
    And this time I don't have to find its meaning!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-24-13 09:55 AM
    STOP IT WITH THOSE DAMN LONG WORDS YOU TWO! Otherwise I will have no alternative but to stamp my feet and scream and cry, so there. I don't want to spend all afternoon googling your long words like archipelago and other daft words!
    I'm sorry I thought you would remember that one from before, I forgot you're old

And if you do stamp your feet and all that, please make a video and post it
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-13 10:33 AM
    You're not so old and forgetful then
    03-24-13 10:34 AM
    Here's a little helping hand. It's 34 mins to 2pm. And by the way is there any chance either of you two edificated people could tell me what is the popup advert that keeps annoying the ****e out of me?
    03-24-13 11:30 AM
7,608 ... 89101112 ...