Did you not mean brandy there?
    Damn iPhone spell check. Of course I meant brandy and claret.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 12:07 PM
    Damn iPhone spell check. Of course I meant brandy and claret.
    And of course my good man, don't forget the '1863 Royal Oporto Wine Company 'Old Company' bottle of Port.
    03-15-13 01:34 PM
    Now let me think!

I would honestly have to say that it would depend on the following:

1. What type of mammal it was? (remember some species are protected and as responsible members of this forum we cannot condone that sort of behavior)
    2. Did the mammal in question enjoy the experience and feel replete afterwards?
    3. Did you offer the mammal in question any brandy?
    4. Did you offer the mammal in question a pasty?

Think carefully brother forum member before you answer and remember that we have a brand new pope looking over us!
    1) a fluffy white goat

2) it milked like crazzy because of the pleasure

3) I offered cat's weed , it was funny how it enjoyed it ..and smiled

4) forgive me sad old man for .... I have sinned .. AMIN (wink wink)

now where's that drink you promised ?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Crackberry
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 01:36 PM
    1) a fluffy white goat

2) it milked like crazzy because of the pleasure

3) I offered cat's weed , it was funny how it enjoyed it ..and smiled

4) forgive me sad old man for .... I have sinned .. AMIN (wink wink)

now where's that drink you promised ?

Firstly, stop flaunting the fact that you have 4G. Remember we live in a third world country in the UK and will not have 4G for several months yet, so stop it.

Secondly, do you have a spare 'fluffy white goat' walking around anywhere, sounds interesting!

Thirdly, do you want a case for the Z10?
    03-15-13 01:50 PM
    And of course my good man, don't forget the '1863 Royal Oporto Wine Company 'Old Company' bottle of Port.
    When I was a wee lad of 19 I left college (think extremely long reading break) to work as a surveyor in the wilds of Canada. Objective was a year of debauchery in old Europe.
    It worked perfectly. Heard of oxblood wine? Hahnenkamm? Rudely converted VW van (water/stove/bed) that came with rusty hypodermic needles? Port too much. As a surveyor we were issued HP calculators with primeval programming abilities (cut, fill, cubic metres etc). Of course we found a useful purpose. Enter price. Enter volume. Enter % ethanol. Output the perfect liquor. Your royal Ofarto ties for last place.
    Excuse me for a minute. Need to vomit on my shoes.
    03-15-13 04:42 PM
    When I was a wee lad of 19 I left college (think extremely long reading break) to work as a surveyor in the wilds of Canada. Objective was a year of debauchery in old Europe.
    It worked perfectly. Heard of oxblood wine? Hahnenkamm? Rudely converted VW van (water/stove/bed) that came with rusty hypodermic needles? Port too much. As a surveyor we were issued HP calculators with primeval programming abilities (cut, fill, cubic metres etc). Of course we found a useful purpose. Enter price. Enter volume. Enter % ethanol. Output the perfect liquor. Your royal Ofarto ties for last place.
    Excuse me for a minute. Need to vomit on my shoes.
    I've got to find out where this Canada place is and why they don't ship goods to the UK. I've been there but we landed at night so I couldn't see anything. Come to think of it we could have landed at lunchtime and I still wouldn't have been able to see anything. (very limited view from a vulcan).

All I know is that Canada is not very big, it's all white and colder than any human being should ever be subjected to while they are still alive.
    03-15-13 05:00 PM
    Actually, I think Canada is endless. At least, it seemed that way many years ago when we crossed into Canada from NY State (named after a place you might be familiar with) and drove west and drove west and continued to drive west. I kept looking for those damn Canadian Rockies. More Westward ** (look it up but I like this one Westward, **! - NYTimes.com ). Still further. Finally, and there's still more Canada on the other side of those mountains! Like I said, it never ends.

Damn those asterisks - H O
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-15-13 06:50 PM
    Actually, I think Canada is endless. At least, it seemed that way many years ago when we crossed into Canada from NY State (named after a place you might be familiar with) and drove west and drove west and continued to drive west. I kept looking for those damn Canadian Rockies. More Westward ** (look it up but I like this one Westward, **! - NYTimes.com ). Still further. Finally, and there's still more Canada on the other side of those mountains! Like I said, it never ends.

Damn those asterisks - H O
    Well I never found much of anything in Goose Bay only snow, snow and more snow. On pre flight the aircraft was sprayed with deicer and from that point we had thirty mins to get airborne or it was back to the hanger. I've never seen as many brass monkeys queuing up to see the welder in my life.
    03-16-13 07:21 AM
    Firstly, stop flaunting the fact that you have 4G. Remember we live in a third world country in the UK and will not have 4G for several months yet, so stop it.

Secondly, do you have a spare 'fluffy white goat' walking around anywhere, sounds interesting!

Thirdly, do you want a case for the Z10?
    my dear sir I dare not lie nor deceive you , i really have 4G on my career , most of all not living in annoying UK

fluffy goat for you anytime sir (wink wink)

case for z10 ?? no way , i hate tyese blackberry trash devices .. my hats off for the old devices .. at least those had and still have native apps and not stolen apps fron android .. (tear on the belly)

come to think of it .. i kinda off miss having blackkberry ..
    care to gift me an old 9900 ?

sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 01:15 PM
    my dear sir I dare not lie nor deceive you , i really have 4G on my career , most of all not living in annoying UK

fluffy goat for you anytime sir (wink wink)

case for z10 ?? no way , i hate tyese blackberry trash devices .. my hats off for the old devices .. at least those had and still have native apps and not stolen apps fron android .. (tear on the belly)

come to think of it .. i kinda off miss having blackkberry ..
    care to gift me an old 9900 ?

"my dear sir I dare not lie nor deceive you , i really have 4G on my career , most of all not living in annoying UK"

I wish I'd have lived wherever you are living. Perhaps my career could have also reaped the benefits of having 4G on my CV.

However I will accept the goat only if it likes brandy. A non drinking goat is no good to me and no, just like I told F2, I will not buy you a HTC case by mistake just to give it to you. Mind you I can't work out who's at fault here. You for owning a HTC, or me for buying too many Z10 cases for the amount of Z10s I have.

Get back to you on that one.
    03-16-13 02:09 PM
    Well I never found much of anything in Goose Bay only snow, snow and more snow. On pre flight the aircraft was sprayed with deicer and from that point we had thirty mins to get airborne or it was back to the hanger. I've never seen as many brass monkeys queuing up to see the welder in my life.
    Since you seem to crave snow , I thought I would send you this info:

"Snow fans are well aware that it's been a pretty bummer of a winter in the lowlands, but there is some good news from the mountains...

Even though the snow has treated Seattle like it had the plague (just 0.6" for the winter) it did manage to find the mountains with enough regularity that our snowpack is in good shape.

Numbers released Friday show the snowpack around 80-100 percent of normal with Mt. Baker's 174-inch snow depth leading the way at 105 percent of normal. Snoqualmie is at 80 percent and Crystal Mountain is at 90 percent -- a far cry from 2005 when Snoqualmie Pass was blank and Mt. Baker just had 15 inches.

These numbers might even improve a little bit more soon as forecasts are favorable for more mountain snow into the second half of March."

The closest is Snoqualmie is at 80 percent or only 74 inches of snow on the ground. It is 50 miles as the crow flies and about 74 miles driving. Mt Baker (a volcano) has that 174 inches and it quite close to your beloved Canada but only 84 miles as the crow flies. So come on over with that spare case and some brandy. The polar route would allow you to bring a pasty and it would still be fresh on arrival. I promise to unplug the microwave and bake the traditional way.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 04:48 PM
    Since you seem to crave snow , I thought I would send you this info:

"Snow fans are well aware that it's been a pretty bummer of a winter in the lowlands, but there is some good news from the mountains...

Even though the snow has treated Seattle like it had the plague (just 0.6" for the winter) it did manage to find the mountains with enough regularity that our snowpack is in good shape.

Numbers released Friday show the snowpack around 80-100 percent of normal with Mt. Baker's 174-inch snow depth leading the way at 105 percent of normal. Snoqualmie is at 80 percent and Crystal Mountain is at 90 percent -- a far cry from 2005 when Snoqualmie Pass was blank and Mt. Baker just had 15 inches.

These numbers might even improve a little bit more soon as forecasts are favorable for more mountain snow into the second half of March."

The closest is Snoqualmie is at 80 percent or only 74 inches of snow on the ground. It is 50 miles as the crow flies and about 74 miles driving. Mt Baker (a volcano) has that 174 inches and it quite close to your beloved Canada but only 84 miles as the crow flies. So come on over with that spare case and some brandy. The polar route would allow you to bring a pasty and it would still be fresh on arrival. I promise to unplug the microwave and bake the traditional way.
    Cool your jets young man, just cool your jets. It will take me at lease 1 bottle if not 2 bottles to understand all that by the time I've looked up all the words.

If your trying to say it's freezing just say so.

I don't know what are the younger generation coming to these days. I blame them universaty type places where people with nothing else better do do with their time brainwash the younger generation with those big hifoluting words for no good reason. Well apart from confusing me!
    03-16-13 05:06 PM
    No, with all that snow so close, yesterday it was 60F or 15.5C - not cold at all. Today it's back down to 50F or 10C.

I went to college in the dark ages - you can tell because tuition was $14.00 (Fourteen Dollars) per semester!
    03-16-13 05:52 PM
    "my dear sir I dare not lie nor deceive you , i really have 4G on my career , most of all not living in annoying UK"

I wish I'd have lived wherever you are living. Perhaps my career could have also reaped the benefits of having 4G on my CV.

However I will accept the goat only if it likes brandy. A non drinking goat is no good to me and no, just like I told F2, I will not buy you a HTC case by mistake just to give it to you. Mind you I can't work out who's at fault here. You for owning a HTC, or me for buying too many Z10 cases for the amount of Z10s I have.

Get back to you on that one.
    dear sir I must say this goat is a full licensed sinner .. drinking ?! it was born to drink , it told me everything and my oh my I actually smiled as for owning ?
    well I feel i must be honest , i own bb torch 9800 , bold 9000 , playbook 16 gb and not at least htc sensation 4G
    why honest all of a sudden ?
    my dear sir .. sinner goat ..brandy and weed ...i rest my case ..
    F..W...whatever i will gladly accept you aboard on my wicked bbm 2350C8F4

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-16-13 06:40 PM
    No, with all that snow so close, yesterday it was 60F or 15.5C - not cold at all. Today it's back down to 50F or 10C.

I went to college in the dark ages - you can tell because tuition was $14.00 (Fourteen Dollars) per semester!
    You can go off people you know. So how come in this third world country that I live in its now full sunshine and 6C with a real feel of 3C.

But we do have free hotspot and tethering. Na na ni na na!

Oh forgot we don't have 4G either.
    03-17-13 11:36 AM
    You can go off people you know. So how come in this third world country that I live in its now full sunshine and 6C with a real feel of 3C.

But we do have free hotspot and tethering. Na na ni na na!

Oh forgot we don't have 4G either.
    Well, rather than declaring independence all those years ago, we should have just taken you on as a colony. It might have worked out better for you now! The Grand Canyon could have been in your/our country as could Yellowstone, Florida, Cuba, (oh, wait, not yet!)............

Oh, and once again sorry for the tardy reply but was out hiking again in 50F weather although hoar frost was dropping off the trees in the breeze.
    03-17-13 04:59 PM
    Well, rather than declaring independence all those years ago, we should have just taken you on as a colony. It might have worked out better for you now! The Grand Canyon could have been in your/our country as could Yellowstone, Florida, Cuba, (oh, wait, not yet!)............

Oh, and once again sorry for the tardy reply but was out hiking again in 50F weather although hoar frost was dropping off the trees in the breeze.
    Ok I'm very confused now. Even someone as thick as me knows that it doesn't snow in the grand Canyon or Florida or Cuba. So have you got one of those ice making machines like what they have on James Bond films?
    03-17-13 05:20 PM
    Ok I'm very confused now. Even someone as thick as me knows that it doesn't snow in the grand Canyon or Florida or Cuba. So have you got one of those ice making machines like what they have on James Bond films?
    Actually, it does SNOW at the Grand Canyon. I may have pictures that show me there with it. It was an interesting 4 or 5 days there. My parents lived in Tucson (where is also snows - they had more than we did this Winter) and I borrowed a car and drove to the Canyon. It was in the 90's Fahrenheit (32C) and it gets warmer down at the river. I hiked down to the river and camped. Weather changed AND I hiked halfway up and camped again. Woke to snow flurries. Hiked back to Rim (not the cell phone company) and stayed another night to see Sunrise at the Canyon. It was quite chilly, frigid actually. The temperatures had plunged to 18F (-7C). Very interesting visit. The North Rim (still not a cell company) actually closes due to snow - they don't plow in Winter.
    03-17-13 06:01 PM
    where's my milk and coockies ? (butter on the stick)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    03-18-13 03:40 AM
    Actually, it does SNOW at the Grand Canyon. I may have pictures that show me there with it. It was an interesting 4 or 5 days there. My parents lived in Tucson (where is also snows - they had more than we did this Winter) and I borrowed a car and drove to the Canyon. It was in the 90's Fahrenheit (32C) and it gets warmer down at the river. I hiked down to the river and camped. Weather changed AND I hiked halfway up and camped again. Woke to snow flurries. Hiked back to Rim (not the cell phone company) and stayed another night to see Sunrise at the Canyon. It was quite chilly, frigid actually. The temperatures had plunged to 18F (-7C). Very interesting visit. The North Rim (still not a cell company) actually closes due to snow - they don't plow in Winter.
    Nice post there young man apart from one very important part!.

When venturing into places where no human being should venture, which for some unknown reason you seem to have an unhealthy passion for doing, the important thing is to think ahead. What happens if it snows, what happens if I am attacked by a wild animal, what happens if I accidentally bump into the President our for a walk (unlikely, he has more sense and a helcopter), what happens if someone from RIM (the phone company) jumps out of the bushes and offers you a free 64G pb running bb10 already and a cuddly teddybear?

Answer, a pasty!

Use the pasty as a shelter if it snows, feed the wild animal so he doesn't want to eat you, charm the President with the pasty or swop the pasty for the bb10 pb! Nowhere in your post did you mention this survival product.

Remember, never leave home without your life saving pasty!
    03-18-13 11:28 AM
    Maybe, sad, you can help me. Try finding a reasonable facsimile of a pasty in the Seattle area. I believe I googled and did not find anything reasonable. I have found Ham Hocks!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-18-13 12:05 PM
    Maybe, sad, you can help me. Try finding a reasonable facsimile of a pasty in the Seattle area. I believe I googled and did not find anything reasonable. I have found Ham Hocks!
    Add turnip greens with a taste of vinegar.
    03-18-13 12:25 PM
    Somewhere along the line I know your cheating!

Forget the pasties for now (not totally but just for the moment).

YOU HAVE FOUND HAM HOCKS? Then my friend you are about to visit heaven. Have you ever heard of a little known, obscure dish that was the reason why English Knights remained on their horses during battle, the reason that bats can fly in the dark, the reason why the concord was grounded.

The world famous 'Pea and Ham wallop'!

Have you got any dried peas, the green ones I mean?

P's what's this got to do with BlackBerry?
    03-18-13 12:35 PM
    Add turnip greens with a taste of vinegar.
    Not bad my good man but watch this space intently because when F2 manages to find some dried peas, you too will visit heaven. Well that's if you can find dried peas as well.

If you can't find them I will send you some F2!
    03-18-13 12:40 PM
    Somewhere along the line I know your cheating!

Forget the pasties for now (not totally but just for the moment).

YOU HAVE FOUND HAM HOCKS? Then my friend you are about to visit heaven. Have you ever heard of a little known, obscure dish that was the reason why English Knights remained on their horses during battle, the reason that bats can fly in the dark, the reason why the concord was grounded.

The world famous 'Pea and Ham wallop'!

Have you got any dried peas, the green ones I mean?

P's what's this got to do with BlackBerry?
    Are those that we refer to as "split peas?"

So split pea and ham soup? Shesh, even lipton had an instant version for backpacking!

By the way the ham hock are the already cooked and served with red cabbage and potatoes, sadly not spaetzel.

Still trying to get my address for aiming that missile or laser.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-18-13 02:38 PM
7,608 ... 45678 ...