We're you watching me heating my custard the other night?
    Sir, I slap your custard and raise you a FLAN!

sad_old_man and FF22 like this.
    03-12-13 01:56 PM
    Sir, I slap your custard and raise you a FLAN!

http://www.wwk.com/images/flan.jpg
    Ha ha my good man, I accept your challenge to a duel and raise your flan, one traditional cornish pasty. Read and weep my friend, read and weep!
    FF22 likes this.
    03-12-13 02:13 PM
    Ha ha my good man, I accept your challenge to a duel and raise your flan, one traditional cornish pasty. Read and weep my friend, read and weep!
    I hit you from ten paces with my asado de ternera con salsa de Oporto. Don't make me show you all those bottles of vintage port and Ribera del Duero.

sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 02:32 PM
    I hit you from ten paces with my asado de ternera con salsa de Oporto. Don't make me show you all those bottles of vintage port and Ribera del Duero.

http://www.wwk.com/images/ternera.jpg
    Aahhh playing dirty our we and resorting not only to big long words but big long foreign words as well.

Don't know any big long edificated eloquent words so I simply up your whatever it is with a:

Hot beetroot and blackpudding salad. So there!
    03-12-13 03:16 PM
    My home made machine raised and baked bread will be ready for a photo in an hour. I did grind the oats and wheat myself. My salad is now digesting (no, you really don't want to see it).
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 03:44 PM
    My home made machine raised and baked bread will be ready for a photo in an hour. I did grind the oats and wheat myself. My salad is now digesting (no, you really don't want to see it).
    Try helping your digestive system!
    03-12-13 03:52 PM
    No PlayBooks for herbivores
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 03:52 PM
    No PlayBooks for herbivores
    Hear hear, I wholeheartedly agree totally. Whatever it means.
    03-12-13 03:58 PM
    Hear hear, I wholeheartedly agree totally. Whatever it means.
    "No PlayBooks for herbivores"

It means plants that sleep around!

And what is That Bottle? Oh, and don't say "Glass!"
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 05:10 PM

So disappointed... all this time I thought you were referring to a different type of "pasties" all together:

Pasties - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    MarlenaRosie and sad_old_man like this.
    03-12-13 06:14 PM
    Welcome to cooking corner. Did all you master chefs attend Cordon Bleu? What presentation!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 06:38 PM
    Welcome to cooking corner. Did all you master chefs attend Cordon Bleu? What presentation!
    No the presentation is slightly disappointing. Did you hit the Wikipedia link in my last post?
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 06:41 PM
    And to go completely international, here is an East German pastie and something to wash it down with.

sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 06:49 PM
    No the presentation is slightly disappointing. Did you hit the Wikipedia link in my last post?
    How about if your idea of presentation slithes in carrying an heirloom plate with the food artfully arranged on it.
    03-12-13 07:25 PM
    No pasty or pasties..........
    Attached Thumbnails PB 64Gb Free when upgrade arrives (terms and conditions apply)-img_2246.jpg  
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 09:24 PM
    No pasty or pasties..........
    Biggest damn spud I ever did see.
    sad_old_man and Enyigma like this.
    03-12-13 09:36 PM
    Biggest damn spud I ever did see.
    Made of wheat and oat - home ground. A bit misshapen.
    03-12-13 10:14 PM
    Made of wheat and oat - home ground. A bit misshapen.
    Only fools ask for a "loaf" of bread at the bakery.

I always proudly demand a hunk of bread. Sometimes I'm drunk and people ask me to leave and return after noon.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-12-13 11:57 PM
    Only fools ask for a "loaf" of bread at the bakery.

I always proudly demand a hunk of bread. Sometimes I'm drunk and people ask me to leave and return after noon.
    How totally inconsiderate of that bakery. Are you also holding a sign "Will u-rinate elsewhere for bread!"? (yup the censor, again)
    sad_old_man and Elite1 like this.
    03-13-13 08:37 AM

It's is actually glass, but the name is Courvoisier L'Esprit and is excellent as a social tipple.

You end up very social but as that's not in my nature, I buy it cause I like the bottle!
    03-13-13 10:19 AM

My god man wait until I get home. I planted my garden in all innocence and had no idea that plants sleep around! I cannot allow this promiscuity to continue on my property and right under my nose god damn it!

I'll be watching from now on!
    03-13-13 10:25 AM
    How totally inconsiderate of that bakery. Are you also holding a sign "Will u-rinate elsewhere for bread!"? (yup the censor, again)
    I prefer making my own signs spontaneously.

But alas, as you know it rarely snows here in Steveston.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-13-13 12:07 PM
    I prefer making my own signs spontaneously.

But alas, as you know it rarely snows here in Steveston.
    Ok ok boys you know I'm not bright but I'm home now and before even taking my coat off I am heading for the cellar. While I am on my travels would somebody like to inform me just what planet, continent or whatever Steveston is please?

I know where the Bronx is because I saw it on Starsky and Hutch but give me a break boys. It takes 7 mins down to the cellar and obviously 7 mins to return. So you have 30 mins to come up with a sensible answer. While your thinking and I'm on my journey, I'll take a stab in the dark and guess that Steveston is in Canada somewhere?

Normal service will resume shortly.
    03-13-13 12:32 PM
    Richmond, BC, is a suburb immediately to the south of Vancouver city proper. Richmond is home of Vancouver International Airport and the Olympic Oval building from the 2010 Winter Games.

The southwest corner of Richmond is home to the neighbourhood of Steveston. Originally a fishing village, now a highly sought- after place to live. The historic Steveston Village is a major tourist favourite and a source of some of North America's best fish & chips, plus regular home to filming of such TV series as Fringe, Supernatural, and Once Upon A Time.

I know F2 has frequented the area before during trips from his nearby hometown of Seattle.

[/tourism promotion piece]

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    03-13-13 01:42 PM
    Richmond, BC, is a suburb immediately to the south of Vancouver city proper. Richmond is home of Vancouver International Airport and the Olympic Oval building from the 2010 Winter Games.

The southwest corner of Richmond is home to the neighbourhood of Steveston. Originally a fishing village, now a highly sought- after place to live. The historic Steveston Village is a major tourist favourite and a source of some of North America's best fish & chips, plus regular home to filming of such TV series as Fringe, Supernatural, and Once Upon A Time.

I know F2 has frequented the area before during trips from his nearby hometown of Seattle.

[/tourism promotion piece]

Posted via CB10
    You can go off people you know. I am fully aware that Seattle is somewhere near Iowa somewhere, so if this little fishing village is in that very cold northern place then it not near Iowa. You must think I'm daft or somthing. I also know that Richmond is in Virginia which is also nowhere near Vancouver. See I also studied history at school.

So whilst I consume my brandy and relapse a little after a hard day, would you like to tell me where or what Stevenson is please.
    03-13-13 02:26 PM
7,608 ... 23456 ...