Hey everyone I'm going to be selling my BB S1 to a fellow crackberrier and I'm wondering about paypal... Is there any kind of a fee to receive money on paypal? Do I have any other options to sell something and receive the money? Any info will help, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-09 08:47 PM
    Yes there is a small fee to use paypal. Go to their site and look at the fees. Not sure of current fees. I haven't used them for awhile. Other option would be money order, personal check. Don't send the phone until payment clears your bank account. Good luck.

11-04-09 06:29 AM
    If I remember correctly, the fee was 3% or a maximum of $3.

11-04-09 07:22 AM
    Have them send the money as a gift.
    11-04-09 07:39 AM
    Also, if you are considering a moderate amount of Paypal/Ebay usage or more, consider getting the Paypal/Ebay Security token. It's like a RSA keyfob security token. You attach it to your account and then when you log in, you need to use your password and the (changes every minute) key password from the token.

It's an added layer of security.

Also, a public service announcement....Ebay and Paypal are two of the most spoof/phish/malware attempted sites. Take care with your account and usage. Both sites always adress you by name when they send you mail. If you get an email that says "dear Paypal User" or something like that, it is spam/phishing/etc.

If you get any mail like these, do NOT respond to them, and do not provide any info. Forward the emails to either [email protected] or [email protected].
    11-04-09 08:09 AM
    Yes there is a small fee to use paypal. Go to their site and look at the fees. Not sure of current fees. I haven't used them for awhile. Other option would be money order, personal check. Don't send the phone until payment clears your bank account. Good luck.

I concur.

then after you receive the money in your paypal account there's no fee to transfer the money to your bank account
    11-04-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD