My husband doesn't want me to get a paypal account and use our bank card. Can you open a paypal account using a pre-paid Visa card? Will it work for ebay? Just wondering...thanks
    04-02-09 08:30 PM
    I do not believe Paypal honors pre-paid CCs. That said, Paypal is a very secure and reliable service.
    04-02-09 08:52 PM
    I agree totally. I've had a paypal acct foe the past 6 yrs and I have had no problems at all. You can always open up. Separate acct just for the use of paypal.
    Nate
    04-02-09 09:37 PM
    You can *use* a pre-paid card to pay for items on paypal, but to sign up, you need a valid bank account and/or credit card for verification purposes.
    And I agree with the other two. Paypal is super safe. I honestly find using Paypal safer than using my card at a retail store. You never know what the kids working there are doing with your numbers.
    (My brother worked for a CompUSA and knew full well what they were doing )

With Paypal, no seller on Ebay or any other site that accepts Paypal sees ANY bank account or credit card numbers. They only see how much you're sending them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-09 10:42 PM
    I agree with everyone else. In addition, sellers are now accepting Paypal as a form of payment. This makes it even more safe, since you're not giving any credit card numbers away. Say I buy an item from Newegg, I select pay from Paypal. I log in, tell paypal how to accept payment (bank, cc, etc) and no additional charges. And Newegg never sees any information.

Its really safe, IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 03:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD