07-04-14 10:54 PM
    Sooooo... pretty much everybody?

I think this has less to do with those phones, and more to do with with just wanting to harass more people at the airport.

Because the U.S. Is a law-less land where if you are anything but an old rich white guy, then you have no rights.

Since a lot of people have those, more targets to search.

Posted via CB10
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-05-14 12:28 AM
    Old on I is an old rich white guy? Is yous tellin mees that I is avin rights? Hey kat did yous ear that then I has rights see?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    07-05-14 06:28 AM
    Glad to have a BlackBerry then. Just tell them "My BlackBerry is secure. No need to check". ;-)

Pasted via CB chen
    lynxs_claw and donemt like this.
    07-05-14 06:40 AM
    I as a Nokia so wot does i tell em?
    07-05-14 06:44 AM
    At this rate before we even know it they will require and perform a full blown colonoscopy on site before boarding !!!!!!!
    07-05-14 07:38 AM
    At this rate before we even know it they will require and perform a full blown colonoscopy on site before boarding !!!!!!!
    Where does i queue eh?
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-05-14 07:41 AM
    So they saying it's easier to make iPhone and Samsung into a trigger mechanism than blackberry? Maybe the no app blackberry is a blessing in disguise. Lol...kind of like the computer virus between PC and Mac.

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man and mrimperfect like this.
    07-05-14 08:27 AM
    So they saying it's easier to make iPhone and Samsung into a trigger mechanism than blackberry? Maybe the no app blackberry is a blessing in disguise. Lol...kind of like the computer virus between PC and Mac.

Posted via CB10
    When yous is out of yous depf kat learn too put the shovel down an stops diggin eh?
    07-05-14 08:34 AM
    When yous is out of yous depf kat learn too put the shovel down an stops diggin eh?
    Pick up the shovel and start helping will ya?

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-05-14 08:52 AM
    I as a Nokia so wot does i tell em?
    A dinosaur?

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-05-14 08:57 AM
    Now even terrorists have an app for that,
    :-))))

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:41 AM
    Now even terrorists have an app for that,
    :-))))

Posted via CB10
    There should be a Grindr type of app for the terrorists that easily locate each other within the vicinity.
    sad_old_man and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    07-05-14 11:49 AM
    There should be a Grindr type of app for the terrorists that easily locate each other within the vicinity.
    Lol!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:54 PM
    I as one see! He's called Maverick an he's nise see?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:29 PM
    In fact I as lots of em?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:30 PM
    Sooooo... pretty much everybody?

I think this has less to do with those phones, and more to do with with just wanting to harass more people at the airport.

Because the U.S. Is a law-less land where if you are anything but an old rich white guy, then you have no rights.

Since a lot of people have those, more targets to search.

Posted via CB10
    These security measures are put in place for a reason you know? Terrorists are always trying to find new ways to accomplish their goals. Phones are probably the most logical next step to them. One of the first major modern airplane bombings was done with a contact lens solution bottle. To this day you still can't take outside liquids onto a plane. When it comes to aviation, it's better to be paranoid than relaxed.

Harassing people isn't a very accurate way to describe security measures.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 07:26 AM
    These security measures are put in place for a reason you know? Terrorists are always trying to find new ways to accomplish their goals. Phones are probably the most logical next step to them. One of the first major modern airplane bombings was done with a contact lens solution bottle. To this day you still can't take outside liquids onto a plane. When it comes to aviation, it's better to be paranoid than relaxed.

Harassing people isn't a very accurate way to describe security measures.

Posted via CB10
    Uhhh not to nitpick but outside liquids were allowed on planes up until 2006 after an unsuccessful plot out of the UK.
    Airport security is reactive, not proactive. Notice the regulations or bans only come into effect AFTER something happens. Shoes, liquids, knives etc. They were all unthought of until after someone tried something. In my opinion it's all about liability and avoiding the question "if you knew this was happening why didn't you do anything?"
    rayporsche likes this.
    07-06-14 07:37 AM
    Uhhh not to nitpick but outside liquids were allowed on planes up until 2006 after an unsuccessful plot out of the UK.
    Airport security is reactive, not proactive. Notice the regulations or bans only come into effect AFTER something happens. Shoes, liquids, knives etc. They were all unthought of until after someone tried something. In my opinion it's all about liability and avoiding the question "if you knew this was happening why didn't you do anything?"
    Sorry, I was mistaken, yes the ban did not take place until 2006, although the incident I was talking about did involve liquid explosives inside a contact lens bottle in 1994, and I'm surprised there were no regulations put in place after this happened. Perhaps it was because it didn't directly involve the US. Here's the flight

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phili...nes_Flight_434

I also agree that aviation security is reactive, but thats largely because they fail to predict new methods used by terrorists. Wouldn't it be better if they tried to be proactive and so to prevent incidents before they happen like they're doing now with phones?

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:43 AM
    Sorry, I was mistaken, yes the ban did not take place until 2006, although the incident I was talking about did involve liquid explosives inside a contact lens bottle in 1994, and I'm surprised there were no regulations put in place after this happened. Perhaps it was because it didn't directly involve the US. Here's the flight

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phili...nes_Flight_434

I also agree that aviation security is reactive, but thats largely because they fail to predict new methods used by terrorists. Wouldn't it be better if they tried to be proactive and so to prevent incidents before they happen like they're doing now with phones?

Posted via CB10
    All the measures they are going through, it's not for real security. It's all theatrics.

By hassling people they make them think "well, it sucks, but it's so we can stay safe"

Except, that's not true. Any real terrorist worth his salt will easily bypass all security checks, especially the TSA. Who are pretty much the equivalent of thugs.

There are tonnes of stories online about how people snuck all kinds of things through.

The point is, all these regulations mean that terrorists already won. They have made you fear for your life and take steps to protect yourself which are ineffective at best.

That's their goal. To cause fear. The U.S. Government has picked up all sorts of neat tricks from them too.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 03:06 AM
    We need fear so we can survive.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:41 AM
    We need fear so we can survive.

Posted via CB10
    BOO! Did that frikens yous eh?
    Umaima_B_Dia likes this.
    07-07-14 06:48 AM
    All the measures they are going through, it's not for real security. It's all theatrics.

By hassling people they make them think "well, it sucks, but it's so we can stay safe"

Except, that's not true. Any real terrorist worth his salt will easily bypass all security checks, especially the TSA. Who are pretty much the equivalent of thugs.

There are tonnes of stories online about how people snuck all kinds of things through.

The point is, all these regulations mean that terrorists already won. They have made you fear for your life and take steps to protect yourself which are ineffective at best.

That's their goal. To cause fear. The U.S. Government has picked up all sorts of neat tricks from them too.

Posted via CB10
    You said it like it's some anti superheroes living among us. Unless we all go through cavity search and fly naked, they will always be creative way from this determine group to use whatever common materials to cause explosion on board. Could any government be proactive and stay one step ahead of the terrorists in this regard? Sure, would they want to spend the kind of money to invest into preventing repeat occurrence? No. That's why this is only US centric policy. Unless the threat is of the scale of 911. An occasion of an on air explosion that cost human lives is part of the collateral damage. The US government is just as ready to shoot down a commercial plane at the threat of another 911 as the terrorists. They are just more resourceful at spinning their stories than the terrorists. We are merely touching the surface of the cloak and dagger games these folks are playing.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-07-14 07:46 AM
    You said it like it's some anti superheroes living among us. Unless we all go through cavity search and fly naked, they will always be creative way from this determine group to use whatever common materials to cause explosion on board. Could any government be proactive and stay one step ahead of the terrorists in this regard? Sure, would they want to spend the kind of money to invest into preventing repeat occurrence? No. That's why this is only US centric policy. Unless the threat is of the scale of 911. An occasion of an on air explosion that cost human lives is part of the collateral damage. The US government is just as ready to shoot down a commercial plane at the threat of another 911 as the terrorists. They are just more resourceful at spinning their stories than the terrorists. We are merely touching the surface of the cloak and dagger games these folks are playing.
    I love you dearly Mr kat, however this is neither the time or the place to try and awaken the rose colored glasses brigade. It doesn't happen to them so it only happens on the news and therefore is classified in the same realm as star trek! We know it's happening, I definitely know it's happening but unless you experience the depth of depravity these fanatics are prepared to sink to then you cannot even begin to understand. Most people don't really ever hate and I mean really ever HATE anyone during their lifetime because we are not programmed to do that as humans. These people can only be described as fitting the physical appearance of a human but function and think in a completely different way to human beings as we know them.

The biggest and most important drawback to confronting this type of person is that we are governed by rules where they have neither rules nor scruples and least of all any moral values. This type of person has been around for thousands of years in our short history on this planet. Just think about the kamakaze pilots during the war?

Our security systems cannot be anything else but reactive simply because we are not terrorists and therefore do not think like terrorists, in fact we don't even understand them so we work from a multitude of tiny pieces of information (called intelligence gathering) and at best try to second guess what's happening next. That doesn't mean we are wrong for trying and it's basically the only thing we can do.

If the rose colored glasses brigade really knew how many F18s are scrambled in the USA every single day (I only mention F18s because that's me, and how that happened being british is another story) they would have a coronary but it doesn't hit the news so it doesn't exist in their world and they are happy.

I do apologize to all the airline passengers who suffer any delays in journey times but we are only doing our best to keep you alive and look on the bright side? You are still alive to winge about delays on here!

As a closure and to keep within the meaning of the thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of mobile phone you carry.

How the hell dids yous get mees to redacted an get all that's out of mees kat............oh I is sooooooooo gonna get yous kat........
    rayporsche and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    07-07-14 09:03 AM
    I love you dearly Mr kat, however this is neither the time or the place to try and awaken the rose colored glasses brigade. It doesn't happen to them so it only happens on the news and therefore is classified in the same realm as star trek! We know it's happening, I definitely know it's happening but unless you experience the depth of depravity these fanatics are prepared to sink to then you cannot even begin to understand. Most people don't really ever hate and I mean really ever HATE anyone during their lifetime because we are not programmed to do that as humans. These people can only be described as fitting the physical appearance of a human but function and think in a completely different way to human beings as we know them.

The biggest and most important drawback to confronting this type of person is that we are governed by rules where they have neither rules nor scruples and least of all any moral values. This type of person has been around for thousands of years in our short history on this planet. Just think about the kamakaze pilots during the war?

Our security systems cannot be anything else but reactive simply because we are not terrorists and therefore do not think like terrorists, in fact we don't even understand them so we work from a multitude of tiny pieces of information (called intelligence gathering) and at best try to second guess what's happening next. That doesn't mean we are wrong for trying and it's basically the only thing we can do.

If the rose colored glasses brigade really knew how many F18s are scrambled in the USA every single day (I only mention F18s because that's me, and how that happened being british is another story) they would have a coronary but it doesn't hit the news so it doesn't exist in their world and they are happy.

I do apologize to all the airline passengers who suffer any delays in journey times but we are only doing our best to keep you alive and look on the bright side? You are still alive to winge about delays on here!

As a closure and to keep within the meaning of the thread, it has absolutely nothing to do with the type of mobile phone you carry.

How the hell dids yous get mees to redacted an get all that's out of mees kat............oh I is sooooooooo gonna get yous kat........
    Mission accomplished!!

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:45 PM
34 12