View Poll Results: What should be done?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • File a PayPal chargeback and post his name as a scammer

2 100.00%
  • If it wasn't shipped via FedEx Overnight, file a chargeback and list him as a scammer

0 0%
  • Sit back and wait and continue to get jerked around.

0 0%
    Alright people...need some opinions.

I purchased 2 phones from a CB member 9 days ago (Sunday), which were supposed to be shipped via USPS Priority Mail. After I paid, they told me they may not be able to send them out until Wednesday. Ok, fine. Thursday came and I asked for tracking info. The response was, "It should be in your email". It wasn't. Friday came, no package. Again I asked for the tracking info. This time the response was "Oh! It was sitting in the mail room at work!" Hmm...ok. Monday comes around, and I ask for tracking yet again. The response this time was, "What is your address?". HUH?? I've had enough and ask for my money back. The response is "Just give me your address."

We go back and forth via email, and he's basically forcing me to take the phones now. I finally provide the address again (8 days after purchasing) and make the concession that I will only take them if he overnights them via FedEx, and if that's not possible just refund me. No response after that nor after the 3 times throughout the day I ask for tracking info.

Here are the possiblities:

1) He shipped them via FedEx but was too lazy to respond with the tracking #
    2) He shipped them via USPS, which is basically telling me to suck it
    3) I'm totally getting scammed

What would you do?
    Last edited by 312; 07-27-10 at 02:44 AM.
    07-27-10 02:41 AM
    That's why you do business locally and cash only. Just because we are all CB'ers doesn't mean everybody has the best intentions. Hope you get it but seems very unlikely at this point. Did you even check the Pin number to make sure they (devices) even exist and are not blacklisted? Anyway. Best of luck to you

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 06:59 AM
    Option 4......confirm what paypal's practices are for this type of situation, then follow to a T.

IIRC, paypal can be quite firm on exactly how you post grievances and the like. Make sure you do your homework.
    07-27-10 08:43 AM
    I don't think you are getting scammed, BUT yes it has taken him too long to ship! I left a message in the other thread encouraging him/you to work it out. Hopefully it will be what gets him to ship out to you, OR refund your money. I don't believe he will cheat you.
    07-27-10 11:18 AM
    I really hope you used PayPal.

If so, file a claim for the money and it's up to him to provide proof it was shipped otherwise you'll get a full refund after a certain period.
    07-27-10 01:16 PM
    I would have been skeptical by the third day.
    07-27-10 01:18 PM
    It appears that the parties have worked it out!
    07-27-10 02:02 PM
    Cool. I'm glad for the guy. Well for both.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-27-10 02:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD