Now days everyone has a food allergy, they blame their thyroid for being overweight, blah blah. Fifty years ago, people didn't have so much to choose from, and I think that was a good thing. I feel like americans want everything exactly the way they say and right now. No offense, but our society is breeding a bunch of girlie men and it is sad to wacth, just my 2 cents

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-01-08 02:01 PM
    Now days everyone has a food allergy, they blame their thyroid for being overweight, blah blah. Fifty years ago, people didn't have so much to choose from, and I think that was a good thing. I feel like americans want everything exactly the way they say and right now. No offense, but our society is breeding a bunch of girlie men and it is sad to wacth, just my 2 cents
    I would have to agree. Morals and comradery aren't the same either. I remember back in the day, If you were broke down on the side of the road, someone would actually pull over and offer you help. Now it's very rare that someone would be willing to interrupt their busy schedule and lend a hand. I believe that you get back what you give and I'll always have kind of an old school outlook on life.
    10-01-08 03:01 PM
    I think its failing cause of people like you. What girly men? Are you having relationship problems? You may be the one who is failing. Just sayin'
    why would I stop and help a stranger , a lot of good ppl have been robbed and killed this way. Its human nautre not everyone is going to follow your morals. What you think is right for society is just opinion it will continue to evolve wether you like or not. Seems like your just causing yourself more stress.

Last edited by momonami; 10-01-08 at 03:29 PM.
    10-01-08 03:24 PM
    First off-

Judging from your pictures, do YOU have a thyroid Problem?

People in Glass Houses Shouldn't throw Stones.

Secondly-

In a "Push Button" Society, Brawns are no longer necessary.

It doesn't take a six pack to press buttons on a keyboard.

As society progresses, we see less and less "need" for such "primitive" methods of survival.

Why develop the Muscle Mass to Throw Spears Effectively?

Especially when a MACHINE can do it 100x better and more efficiently.

Who Would Win In a Fight:

A Big Brawny Man Wielding a Sword OR a Little Man with Good Aim?

Adapt or Become Extinct.

This has been a Natural Law Since the Beginning of Time.

Humans aren't known for their Brute Strength. We Survive through Intellect and Cunning.

And as for the Girly Men Comment-

Didn't you know that it was the Homosexuals in History that Truly made history?

And for the Heterosexual Men in History, it was the Woman standing besides them that drove them through their progress.
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 10-01-08 at 03:53 PM.
    10-01-08 03:39 PM
    10-01-08 03:41 PM
    Hahahahahahaha-

OMFG!

4 Realzzzzz?

I'm Glad You Know how to Break it to them Nicely Hi-Def!

10-01-08 03:46 PM
    I think its failing cause of people like you. What girly men? Are you having relationship problems? You may be the one who is failing. Just sayin'
    why would I stop and help a stranger , a lot of good ppl have been robbed and killed this way. Its human nautre not everyone is going to follow your morals. What you think is right for society is just opinion it will continue to evolve wether you like or not. Seems like your just causing yourself more stress.

First off-

Judging from your pictures, do YOU have a thyroid Problem?

People in Glass Houses Shouldn't throw Stones.

Secondly-

In a "Push Button" Society, Brawns are no longer necessary.

It doesn't take a six pack to press buttons on a keyboard.

As society progresses, we see less and less "need" for such "primitive" methods of survival.

Why develop the Muscle Mass to Throw Spears Effectively?

Especially when a MACHINE can do it 100x better and more efficiently.

Who Would Win In a Fight:

A Big Brawny Man Wielding a Sword OR a Little Man with Good Aim?

Adapt or Become Extinct.

This has been a Natural Law Since the Beginning of Time.

Humans aren't known for their Brute Strength. We Survive through Intellect and Cunning.

And as for the Girly Men Comment-

Didn't you know that it was the Homosexuals in History that Truly made history?

And for the Heterosexual Men in History, it was the Woman standing besides them that drove them through their progress.
    Whatever, I hope you guys or gals or whatever you are get caught in a situation where you have to rely on your physical and mental toughness to survive! You soft minded drones would perish so fast, it would make your heads spin!

I am a VERY well educated man (MS in Mechanical Engineering) and I have worked with NASA and the DOD. It's people like me (and others like me) that make your little "Latte" lifestyles so safe and enjoyable!

All Vinnie was trying to say is, whatever happened to the gratification of good ol' hard work? And all I'm trying to say is what ever happened to being kinda self-less sometimes?
    10-01-08 04:16 PM
    Whatever, I hope you guys or gals or whatever you are get caught in a situation where you have to rely on your physical and mental toughness to survive! You soft minded drones would perish so fast, it would make your heads spin!

I am a VERY well educated man (MS in Mechanical Engineering) and I have worked with NASA and the DOD. It's people like me (and others like me) that make your little "Latte" lifestyles so safe and enjoyable!

All Vinnie was trying to say is, whatever happened to the gratification of good ol' hard work? And all I'm trying to say is what ever happened to being kinda self-less sometimes?
    It's very kind of you; and almost naieve...to speak on vinnie's behalf. I can easily see how one wouldn't take what he said; as your interpretation of it.

Your second paragraph about your education, career and how it ties into certain beverage-connoissuers...sounds more like a narcossistic rant; laced with some sort of resentment. So should we all be our own cheerleaders and attach our education/job-function/title/resume/elations...in order for our words to be contrived one way or another?

This is no way a calling-out; so please don't take it as such.
    10-01-08 04:36 PM
    -Eh-

Everyone fulfills their roles.

I put in a good day of work filling out paperwork, and delegating work loads.

Thats gratifying to me.

AND it doesn't require persperating in the sun or smelling bad.

It's Important to Understand that Gratification is Subjective.

For some people, "Good 'ol Hard Work", that includes Cutting Grass or Moving Steal Beams isn't the least bit gratifying.

It's all about Perspective.

Regardless, Vinnie Dugan wasn't talking about gratification-

He was complaining about the kind of people we have turned into.

He was implying that we are all Pansies.
    10-01-08 04:38 PM
    Your second paragraph about your education, career and how it ties into certain beverage-connoissuers...sounds more like a narcossistic rant; laced with some sort of resentment. So should we all be our own cheerleaders and attach our education/job-function/title/resume/elations...in order for our words to be contrived one way or another?

This is no way a calling-out; so please don't take it as such.
    Yeah, I re-read Vinnie's post and I guess I did kind of misinterpret a little (read it kind of fast). I thought you guys were basically attacking him for stating his opinion. I do see how what he posted could and did ruffle some feathers.

Hi-Def: I was in no way bragging about my employment and educational staus. I felt your "brain" comment was a personal attack and I was simply defending myself. There's no resenment here and I LOVE Lattes! Lol

Please excuse my defensive attitude.
    Last edited by 1 2 MaNy; 10-01-08 at 05:09 PM.
    10-01-08 05:04 PM
    In regards to Prada's comment: Well, I certainly will not speak on Vinnie's behalf, but I did not interpret what he said to be that "we're all pansies."

I think people need to stop trying to decipher what someone says and take it at face value. Especially what men say. They normally don't speak in code... Unless it's a grunt or groan.

10-01-08 05:11 PM

As an educator in a wealthy school district and the nonsense that goes on with these kids. Nothing is ever their fault, no prizes cause if everyone does not get one, their feelings will be hurt (hmm WORK AND TRY HARDER!!!!) no one is just not smart, there is a reason why they are not all gettin straight As. the list goes on and on (the stories I could tell, so I will have to agree with vinne HOWEVER----as a woman what is up with the "girlie man"?
    10-01-08 05:15 PM
    I'll agree that many people these days don't have a grasp of potentially important "survival" skills. Even simple things like changing a tire, the oil in a car, how to shoot a firearm should the need arise, among many other valuable physical skills. Even if you have no desire to ever do some of the things, I think everybody should at least understand how to do them

Last winter my truck had a flat and I changed it in a cold snowy parking lot. Most people looked at me like I was crazy or something. I have towing coverage on my insurance, but I don't have time to wait around for someone to come along and do things I'm perfectly capable of doing for me.

I think that is also something many today are lacking: self reliance. It seems many people these days are content to just wait around until someone else comes along to help them out of a jam rather than at least attempting to correct the problem. I'm not necessarily saying there's a problem with it, just that it seems to be increasingly common.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-01-08 at 06:54 PM.
    10-01-08 06:52 PM
    Actually prada, that picture was taken about 2 weeks after I got out of the hospital in germany for taking three bullets defending our country, but I appreciate the concern!!!

10-01-08 08:16 PM
    The girlie men comment...I think every man should have a fundamental knowledge of certain things
    Changing tires/oil/coolant
    Operation and maintenance of a firearm
    Making/maintaining a fire with no matches/lighter
    Basic knowledge of hunting

10-01-08 08:27 PM
    Leave it to the Vinster to stir things up, lol. I'm not so sure things are all that different today. There's plenty of us who'll help others, and who can still change a tire, but I bought my wife roadside assistance so she wouldn't need to change a tire by the side of the road.

I think people who long for the good old days didn't live them. The fifties and sixties were great, eh. Look at the death rates for heart disease. Just one of many examples. I remember hitchhiking in the Mojave for hours and hours before someone picked me up in 1970. Anecdotal evidence is no way to win an argument, and just because someone didn't pick me up doesn't mean people were less or more likely to help strangers.

We do know life expectancies were shorter then so is today better. If you asked me, I'd say we are about the same now as then. It is just luck if you are helped by a stranger or not. However, I know lots of self reliant people., and most of the people I choose to associate with are empathetic and care about others. Long story short, I like now just fine.

10-01-08 08:44 PM
    The girlie men comment...I think every man should have a fundamental knowledge of certain things
    Changing tires/oil/coolant
    Operation and maintenance of a firearm
    Making/maintaining a fire with no matches/lighter
    Basic knowledge of hunting

and the girlie part?
    10-01-08 08:48 PM
    That's why I said men...even women should know how to change a tire though

10-01-08 08:49 PM
    That's why I said men...even women should know how to change a tire though

i am just messin with you vinnie----we all know women can do anything a man can do only better!!!
    10-01-08 08:50 PM
    If you can't change a tire, your probably a girlie man...

10-01-08 08:51 PM
    If you can't change a tire, your probably a girlie man...

Since I know how to call AAA does that make me a manly girl?
    10-01-08 08:52 PM
    Haha, leave it to a women to get offended by the comment girlie man...

10-01-08 08:53 PM
    Haha, leave it to a women to get offended by the comment girlie man...

Ahhh not offended, takes way more than that to offend me, I am a manly girl!!!!!
    10-01-08 08:54 PM
    There are a thousand scenarios where you would need to change your own tire, wouldn't you rather at least be able to do it.

10-01-08 09:05 PM
    There are a thousand scenarios where you would need to change your own tire, wouldn't you rather at least be able to do it.

Oh, I know how to change a tire. But I also know how to work smarter and not harder!!!!
    10-01-08 09:30 PM
103 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD