I apologize in advance for using Gossip Girl screenshots for asking questions, but why does the picture below have a message notification pop up all over the screen? The episode is from March 2010, so I assume this is the Bold 2. In a different scene, the same phone had an SMS pop up on the screen, iPhone style.

Why doesn't my phone (the Tour) have these features?? I had 4.7 OS for 8 months and upgraded to 5.0 a few days ago. I want SMS pop ups too!

05-04-10 08:04 PM
    That's a Tour, not an Onyx, and the message either from a specific theme, a GB language, or someone changing the message prompt in Java. But then...I've been wrong before.

WAPers do it With A Passion
    I'm many people's brother, have several BB daughters and sons,
    but I sure as heck ain't your momma!
    I'm a Survivor Baby!But the dang game fizzled out

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-10 08:27 PM
    Or the images were added digitally after filming... I've read that they do that, as actual screens can be difficult to catch on camera. *shrugs* lol
    05-04-10 08:49 PM
    You have to setup your mail so that all messages go to 1 folder instead of the individual folders. I'll keep trying to find it for you. Set it up so long ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 08:29 AM
    Or the images were added digitally after filming... I've read that they do that, as actual screens can be difficult to catch on camera. *shrugs* lol
    I second this. My Tour (no matter which OS or theme I've run) has never looked exactly like that. It's definitely the Precision Zen theme (stock theme that comes on the phone), just tweaked a little one way or another.
    05-05-10 10:13 AM
    Oh Em Gee. I <3 Blake Lively!
    05-05-10 11:29 AM
    It's either 4.7, or 5.0 FTW

Like Wulfy said...Those UI features are coming from the 3rd party theme that is being used. There is no stock theme on any version of 4.7 or 5.0 that have square icons like that (and that's definitely not OS 6). Stock themes have more rounded corners and the message notification layout is definitely not stock.
    05-05-10 12:17 PM
    I flatly reject the third-party theme theory. This is a paid product placement, so the last thing RIM would be doing is endorsing third-party software, not to mention how quickly this would become a licensing nightmare.

I also don't think this was digitally added post-filming, as the screen was shown in motion several times, and a TV show like that just doesn't have the visual effects budget to pull it off.

Now a Java tweak, maybe. I'll take another screenshot with the SMS pop-up if I see one.
    05-05-10 08:33 PM
    I flatly reject the third-party theme theory. This is a paid product placement, so the last thing RIM would be doing is endorsing third-party software, not to mention how quickly this would become a licensing nightmare.

I also don't think this was digitally added post-filming, as the screen was shown in motion several times, and a TV show like that just doesn't have the visual effects budget to pull it off.

Now a Java tweak, maybe. I'll take another screenshot with the SMS pop-up if I see one.

Oh..umm...Gee...I wonder OS these are all running on? Must be java tweaks huh? Accept it or not, it's trickery that comes with TV.
    05-06-10 01:15 AM
    The screenshot (photoshopped onto the device or not) is from a 3rd party theme...period.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-06-10 06:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD