Impossible to to feel confident about Blackberry's and BB10 with reliability of the phones now and BB10. I use it for business, as well as majority of user and do not need this aggravation.
    What is Blackberry's problem. 9850 freezing and calling issues that people can not hear me and wait 5 minutes with a battery pull for a fix?
    I know I am not the only one and not Verizon issue. My work counterparts have ATT and Sprint. 9850 and 9930's with these call issues.
    Hard to believe that RIM/Blackberry is getting bad press (sarcasm).
    This is inexcusable for a company like this and primary use is business.
    Embarrassing.
    Sell RIM!!!!

BB10-The answer-I think not. 9850 and 9900 were there answers before. How many times does RIM expect to have BB users coming back. The time it is taking for the "answer" (BB10) indicates the inefficiency and lack of competent employees. Either no sense of rush or they are clueless. I think the later of the two! Maybe BB2001 might be the fix or steal some people from Apple???

Sorry for the sarcasm, but fed up pulling the battery every day-unbelievable! Got to be a skit for Saturday Night Live here!
    Last edited by popeye; 07-18-12 at 08:36 AM.
    07-18-12 08:17 AM
    Troll alert!!!!
    07-18-12 08:18 AM
    What? Expressing my aggravation.
    07-18-12 08:19 AM
    Ok well first of all that is Verizon's fault with the OS, not RIM's
    07-18-12 08:20 AM
    @popeye
    Here is a CRAZY idea, Try a different brand.

As a business user I have 2 different devices, and by a considerable margin my BlackBerry is BETTER than my other device for business communications.
    And communication is my primary need for the devices.

I would HATE to see RIM get sold and taken apart as right now I can't find anything to even hold a candle to my BBOS7 devices.
    if it doesn't work for you, try something else, don't wish on the rest of us to be stuck with iCrap
    ajst222 likes this.
    07-18-12 08:21 AM
    Ok well first of all that is Verizon's fault with the OS, not RIM's
    Disagree. Phones used by employees and majority when discussed has the same issues. Some with ATT and Sprint and they have same problems-so how can that be Verizons faults for battery pulls. Someone should do a poll.
    07-18-12 08:22 AM
    @popeye
    Here is a CRAZY idea, Try a different brand.

As a business user I have 2 different devices, and by a considerable margin my BlackBerry is BETTER than my other device for business communications.
    And communication is my primary need for the devices.

I would HATE to see RIM get sold and taken apart as right now I can't find anything to even hold a candle to my BBOS7 devices.
    if it doesn't work for you, try something else, don't wish on the rest of us to be stuck with iCrap
    If I could I would. I doubt the CEO would listen to me. I am just showing my aggravation.
    07-18-12 08:24 AM
    If I could I would. I doubt the CEO would listen to me. I am just showing my aggravation.
    What do you mean? Just sell your Torch now
    07-18-12 08:26 AM
    Not a good sign if the only thing keeping the BB userbase from shrinking even further are companies essentially holding their employees hostage to the platform.
    07-18-12 08:29 AM
    I assume you've used the PlayBook and have watched all the video's about BB10? seeing as you have so easily dismissed it,
    OS7 is the end of the line, there is no doubt problems with BBOS7 but you come to spew your hate basing everything on you having a device that you HAVE to use for work.

You're welcome to be upset with your device, but your rant is very much a post that could lead to hostility on the forums, which we have more than enough of.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-18-12 08:29 AM
    Not a good sign if the only thing keeping the BB userbase from shrinking even further are companies essentially holding their employees hostage to the platform.

And I'm the reverse, I'm forced to use a NON BlackBerry for work, even though I'd love to be using a BlackBerry.

it goes both ways. People don't like their work devices, they see the grass is always greener on the other side.

I'll say I HATED my Company Nissan Altima, yet I know people who would have loved to "upgrade" to that, my new Company GMC Terrain, not a fan either, it's not bad, but again not something I'd buy, are Nissan and GMC being propped up only because company's are forcing their employee's to drive them?
    07-18-12 08:31 AM
    Troll alert!!!!
    How so? The join date is 2008, and the poster appears to be established.
    07-18-12 08:34 AM
    OK, so you're having problems with calls - I have several friends with iPhones who have problems when calling, but I have none with my BlackBerry - and because of this you think RIM should be sold off... yeah, I'm not surprised your CEO doesn't listen to you (sarcasm)... do you maybe think you're over-reacting just a little??

Oh and not forgetting that you've decided, without ever seeing the actual product and even less actually touching it, that BB10 isn't going to change anything?!

I do understand stackberry369's comment (I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it), that the way you are venting could be misconstruded.

Si.
    07-18-12 08:35 AM
    Its amusing that the OP can justify the sale of a company based on using ONE of their products in what is almost certainly at least a partially locked down situation. The OP is dissatisfied, that is their right, but to make some baseless claim about products that they have (again almost certainly) never touched or used is a bit ridiculous.
    BigBadWulf and simu31 like this.
    07-18-12 08:37 AM
    To OP:
    I must say i'm not a 9850 user, so, before commenting I've jumped to the torch section of the forums to see if there was something relevant about it. I saw that you did too (http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-daily-735575/).

What my experience can tell is
    - your problem does not seem general, as the rant list would be huge in that section and it isn't.
    - you should provide some details about your device/OS/network (BIS/BES ?) and things you've tried to solve your problem (against a "battery pull"), so that solutions may be given to you attention.
    - ranting wont particularly help if you want your problem solved ... and if you don't ... well, just drop ship.

Now, about your problem; just try to use your BB7 cleaning memory native tool, as described here : How to enable Memory Cleaning on your BlackBerry smartphone | CrackBerry.com as what you describes seems related to flooded memory. Oh ... and check what apps are running.
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    07-18-12 08:40 AM
    Having an opinion does NOT necesarily make you a troll folks! HOWEVER, I'm not so sure that this rant needs to occupy a place in general discussion. Lets take it to a lighter forum, CB Rehab.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-18-12 08:45 AM
    Thanks I guess-hot topic, sorry. If it was only me with the problems I would not have posted. But there are 9 sakes reps with Blackberry and 3 of them have same issues. me and another rep has had phones replaced and still issues. 33% same problems?
    Not everyone is on this forum.
    That is it.
    Have a nice day.
    07-18-12 08:52 AM
    Not everyone is on this forum.
    That is it.
    Have a nice day.
    But most users with such a big problem will report here, at least a representative number.
    If 33% of CB users sporting a 9850 had the same problem ... we'll hear it loud.
    There's likely a solution for your problem ... but it's a strange way to ask, IMHO.

Have a nice day too.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-18-12 08:57 AM
    Impossible to to feel confident about Blackberry's and BB10 with reliability of the phones now and BB10. I use it for business, as well as majority of user and do not need this aggravation.
    What is Blackberry's problem. 9850 freezing and calling issues that people can not hear me and wait 5 minutes with a battery pull for a fix?
    I know I am not the only one and not Verizon issue. My work counterparts have ATT and Sprint. 9850 and 9930's with these call issues.
    Hard to believe that RIM/Blackberry is getting bad press (sarcasm).
    This is inexcusable for a company like this and primary use is business.
    Embarrassing.
    Sell RIM!!!!

BB10-The answer-I think not. 9850 and 9900 were there answers before. How many times does RIM expect to have BB users coming back. The time it is taking for the "answer" (BB10) indicates the inefficiency and lack of competent employees. Either no sense of rush or they are clueless. I think the later of the two! Maybe BB2001 might be the fix or steal some people from Apple???

Sorry for the sarcasm, but fed up pulling the battery every day-unbelievable! Got to be a skit for Saturday Night Live here!
    What OS are you running? Have they wiped your device and reinstalled the OS? What apps do you have installed? Have you tried RIM support?

My personal 9900 works great (with the exception of Google maps freezing for about 10 seconds after I open it).. which appears to be a software problem and not really a hardware problem as 1. it run flawlessly once it opens and 2. other apps don't hang at all.

I get that you are frustrated, but is going off on a rant in the forums really the best avenue to solve your problems?
    07-18-12 09:02 AM
    Everyone is free to share their opinions, whether it is in a positive or negative light or whether it is "trolling", though trolling should seriously be banned to the dungeon or the pit of the Earth or whatever. I've read far worse on here to the point where I have had to bite my tongue and resist the urge to post a reply out of emotion because I would be adding fuel to the fire.

I'm telling you: when technology fails, it can be enough to start a war

I'm on Verizon and I use a Bold 9930. I have had no major issues. In fact, I've only had one instance (so far) where the call failed on my end. More often than not, it was the OTHER caller who lost connection. Yes, sometimes my 9930 will freeze up while doing something (my Slacker Radio app seems to cause the most grief, but that's not the Bold's fault). Still, I can count on one hand the number of times it does that versus when I had my 9650 or even my original Storm. Battery pulls and freeze-ups were almost every other day. My 9650 froze up a little less after OS6 update, but it still couldn't keep up on my text and email heavy days. As deRusett mentioned, OS7 is the end of the line for this particular aging OS, but in my opinion, OS7 has been the most stable. If you're going to retire an aging OS, then you may as well do it well and make sure it goes out with a bang.

Anyways, OP, I'm sorry that you are going through all of these issues, but you are being presumptuous with the below statement:

"BB10-The answer-I think not. 9850 and 9900 were there answers before. How many times does RIM expect to have BB users coming back. The time it is taking for the "answer" (BB10) indicates the inefficiency and lack of competent employees. Either no sense of rush or they are clueless. I think the later of the two! Maybe BB2001 might be the fix or steal some people from Apple???"

I can't tell if you really meant this or if this was written out of sheer frustration. Regarding RIM and BB10 and its success, only time will tell. And remember that this is almost entirely a new RIM. New CEO, CMO, COO. New OS. New everything for the most part. Will BB10 be the savior? Again, time will tell, but if RIM gets their head back on straight, I can see them coming out of this in a positive way. So far, I like what I see.
    Last edited by davisgq; 07-18-12 at 09:11 AM.
    07-18-12 09:06 AM
    I've had the 9850 actually before it was released and yes it freezes but I'm positive its coming from the way an app is acting....nt sure which one. Also, am I the only one noticing other country's carriers update BB's but this one doesn't......this has been the real problem. That will end with BB10. I love my Torch. By the way, Iphone and Android folks wind up using my Torch a lot so........
    07-18-12 09:30 AM
    For the record, I know folks also who have had issues with the 9850/60 also, specifically with it randomly freezing. It DOES seem to be an issue with that phone. My coworker was able to get Verizon to swap her to a 9930 (after 5 tries on different 9850s) and now she is very happy.
    07-18-12 10:28 AM
    I have nothing but love for my 9860 but i have seen the issues that he is talking about. most can be resolved with the OS updates its just finding the right one to work for you. personally im real happy with my bb i have an S3 to mess around with but its not gonna replace my bb as a communications tool.
    07-18-12 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD