post your opinion on how did this v.p. debate go
    10-02-08 09:32 PM
    Palin is in waaaaaaay over her head. All the winking at the camera in the world can't cover up the fact that she has no clue what she's talking about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 09:34 PM
    i totally agree and if she said maverick one more time .....
    10-02-08 09:37 PM
    THANK YOU.

Really, mccain has to be about
    700 years old at this point. God forbid he cannot complete his term, is palin really ready to take on that kind of responsibility, let alone that of the vp to begin with?

10-02-08 09:41 PM
    well to all the soccer moms and the sixpack joes she can ...ha ha ha ha
    10-02-08 09:42 PM
    Are we really going the route whereby someone's ability to speak well is the only thing that matters? I would much rather have more "common" people in all levels office. The slick talkers bother me. They tend to have more in the way of personal agendas than the "regular" average person.

Personally, I think they're all horrible choices, and have been for a long time. The left is in the pocket of environmental groups and the right has business. Neither side deserves any consideration.

My opinion anyway.

Last edited by the_sandman_454; 10-02-08 at 09:48 PM.
    10-02-08 09:46 PM
    I'm watching the debate right now and its a train wreck in progress.

10-02-08 09:46 PM
    Are we really going the route whereby someone's ability to speak well is the only thing that matters? I would much rather have more "common" people in all levels office.

Personally, I think they're all horrible choices, and have been for a long time. The left is in the pocket of environmental groups and the right has business. Neither side deserves any consideration.

My opinion anyway.

i agree in some terms but at this time in day anybody but g. bush and mccain is following his footsteps
    10-02-08 09:49 PM
    Are we really going the route whereby someone's ability to speak well is the only thing that matters? I would much rather have more "common" people in all levels office. The slick talkers bother me. They tend to have more in the way of personal agendas than the "regular" average person.

My opinion anyway.

I never said that was the only thing that mattered.

And you are correct as far as both choices being poor. Seems like this election is basically a choice of the lesser of two evils.

10-02-08 09:56 PM
    I now know why the McCain people have kept her as far from
    the media as possible.

Biden won it. You can't win a debate by not answering specific
    questions, spouting talking points and veering of the subject.

So yeah, Caribou Barbie lost this one.
    10-02-08 10:00 PM
    I'm not fond of the Democrats being in control of Congress and the Presidency.

Especially a Democratic Presidential candidate that is really inexperienced to have much room to comment on the inexperience of a vice presidential candidate.

10-02-08 10:01 PM
    I now know why the McCain people have kept her as far from
    the media as possible.

Biden won it. You can't win a debate by not answering specific
    questions, spouting talking points and veering of the subject.

So yeah, Caribou Barbie lost this one.
    ha ha ha caribou barbie
    and dont forget a maverick
    10-02-08 10:04 PM
    ha ha ha caribou barbie
    and dont forget a maverick
    Yeah, but Biden smacked that maverick BS down rather nicely.
    10-02-08 10:17 PM
    Yeah, but Biden smacked that maverick BS down rather nicely.
    oh yea he did ....it looked like it was upsetting him ...aswell as us all lollol
    10-02-08 10:20 PM
    What is really funny is I am going back and forth between
    Fox (I refuse to call it news) and MSNBC and it is like the
    pundits watched 2 completely debates.
    10-02-08 10:25 PM
    jenay; in the elections '08 thread you proposed Bono as McCain's running mate...that ticket would ROCK! :-). Although I must say, I don't think I'd be able to handle Bono saying something on the lines of, "I have been tapped by McCain as his running mate..."

there's no purge smilie?!?!

10-02-08 10:27 PM
    What is really funny is I am going back and forth between
    Fox (I refuse to call it news) and MSNBC and it is like the
    pundits watched 2 completely debates.
    well its actually not funny mccain is all about g.bush
    and fox is totally a bush supporter
    10-02-08 10:28 PM
    I think what worried me most, was when asked what each VP would do in the event of their president's demise, was Palin's response. Biden basically said, look this is Obama's presidency and I would continue with what is most important with him. What she said was basically, well I am a maverick and McCain picked me because I have my own opinions about things.

Yikes... She has been a governor for 2 years and a mayor and a business owner... I guess that background worries me when she talks about doing her own thing and following her own opinions.

I have to also say, that this debate worried me a great deal. I knew going into this that Biden is going to win, he has more background and has a more extensive knowledge-base for this type of event. I was worried that he would debate in such a way that would make it seem like he is being insensitive. As a former debater, I found many points at which Biden could have really attacked Palin... but he showed a great deal of restraint and I respect that.
    10-02-08 10:32 PM
    Oh I know where Fox stands. I watch the channel because I
    want to see the news reported from both sides. But Fox really
    needs to change their name to GOP-TV
    10-02-08 10:32 PM
    Voltron: The thing that worried me the most was this womans
    lack of understanding of the US Constitution and her desire to
    expand the role of the Vice President.

I mean really, that went so well with Cheney.
    10-02-08 10:34 PM
    I think what worried me most, was when asked what each VP would do in the event of their president's demise, was Palin's response. Biden basically said, look this is Obama's presidency and I would continue with what is most important with him. What she said was basically, well I am a maverick and McCain picked me because I have my own opinions about things.

Yikes... She has been a governor for 2 years and a mayor and a business owner... I guess that background worries me when she talks about doing her own thing and following her own opinions.

I have to also say, that this debate worried me a great deal. I knew going into this that Biden is going to win, he has more background and has a more extensive knowledge-base for this type of event. I was worried that he would debate in such a way that would make it seem like he is being insensitive. As a former debater, I found many points at which Biden could have really attacked Palin... but he showed a great deal of restraint and I respect that.
    yea i agree
    My humble opinion is that I saw nothing opinion changing in this debate. I think we are a polarized nation with 33 days left until the vote-this debate did not change minds. Palin didn't screw up and Biden didn't draw any WOW factors.

I call a draw.

*full disclosure* my hubby works for the office of the governor in alaska. So we are used to Gov. Palins style.

Voltron: The thing that worried me the most was this womans
    lack of understanding of the US Constitution and her desire to
    expand the role of the Vice President.

I mean really, that went so well with Cheney.
    gop tv ...funny

but yes she (palin) answering the question she wants to answer
    10-02-08 10:36 PM
    Well I'm an independant that leans republican, and I watch FOX News, and definately think they are "fair and balanced" but I do think Palin got smoked, as much as I hate to admit it...

10-02-08 10:37 PM
    CBH, I am also an unaffiliated voter. This year I am seriously
    leaning Obama/Biden and this debate made the lean even greater.

And Fox? Fair and Balanced? You have got to be kidding me.
    That network is totally in the tank for the GOP. Almost every
    program has a definite bias. Fox and Friends, Hannity and Colmes
    are the worst offenders in all of television.
    10-02-08 10:43 PM
54 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD