Hey, guys I'm planning on buying a Call of Duty game and I'm split between modern warfare and world at war and would like some of your input as to which is better. Which one would you guys suggest and why?
    Last edited by josh05; 10-03-09 at 12:57 PM.
    10-03-09 12:52 PM
    World at war. I have it and I love it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 06:33 PM
    Modern Warfare is by far the best call of duty between the two. I can't wait for MW2 to come out soon.
    10-03-09 06:34 PM
    my kids love the Worlds At War one

10-03-09 08:23 PM
    COD4 for me. I love them both but the cleaner feel of 4 makes it come out tops.

10-04-09 08:14 AM
    I was upset I finished both of them so quickly. About 1 afternoon worth of game play each, very sad.
    10-04-09 06:20 PM
    There are good aspects of each game but if I were in your position, I would just wait a month and get COD MW2.

10-04-09 11:43 PM
    My kids love Nazi Zombies which I think is part of COD4 online play. I can't get them away from it.

They have played every other COD game but Nazi Zombies has them hooked.
    10-04-09 11:50 PM
    Modern Warfare live is my G spot.
    10-05-09 07:31 AM
    I have both games. I think world at war took took me longer to finish, but both games were very good. The added zombie game on world at war is a plus !!! I'm also looking forward to modern warfare 2. Modern warfare was less expensive at best buy. You can't go wrong with either game.
    10-05-09 08:32 AM
    My kids love Nazi Zombies which I think is part of COD4 online play. I can't get them away from it.

They have played every other COD game but Nazi Zombies has them hooked.
    Actually, Nazi Zombies is part of World at War and honestly the only part of that game I still play. Horde modes are starting to sneak there way into every online multiplayer now and I have no complaints.

COD4 is pretty much online multiplayer now, I played thru the campaign so many times it no longer holds my interest.
    10-05-09 09:05 AM
    COD4 is pretty much online multiplayer now, I played thru the campaign so many times it no longer holds my interest.
    Pretty much agree. World at War Campaign is pretty fun but like most games once you've been through it a few times it gets old. XBOX live is the only way I play it now lol
    10-05-09 09:16 AM
    I'm sick of all the world war 2 games World at War, in my opinion, is nowhere near as good as COD4. Although both of them suck... I used to play COD4, then I bought World at War... I played online and there were too many problems. The only redeeming factor was the zombies game mode(which had problems aswell). So I went back to COD4 for the longest time. Now I'm getting kicked out of servers constantly, dealing with lag, glitchers(still), and it's not worth it. So me and everyone else started playing Starcraft again

Remember that game? Starcraft. The game is like 15 years old... Almost no lag, no servers timing out, you can make and program your own maps, playing with other people and joining their games is the easiest thing in the world I'll stick with the antique game It's the only one that works the way it should
    10-05-09 09:43 AM
    I would go with Modern Warfare.

InfinityWard has a better Quality department than that of TreyArc and it really shows in the game. The amount of exploits/glitches in World at War has really made a lot of people go back to Modern Warfare.

It also depends on what era you like: modern vs WWII. If you like guns like the M4, M16, etc... go with Modern Warefare and viseversa.
    10-06-09 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD