Being an American and knowing my history. I know our two countries are tied together like no others. For if not for the French we would be British and not for the United States they would be speaking German.

But today we stand with our Allies and Brothers in France when I say: " Aujourd’hui, les barbares ont attaqué notre République. Aujourd’hui, nous sommes fermes avec nos frères Français. Viva La France. "
    Attached Thumbnails Once Again we are all French-th.jpg  
    10-29-20 11:54 AM
    At times like this regardless of nationality we all stand together or not at all..
    Last edited by Stinkycat71; 10-29-20 at 12:46 PM.
    10-29-20 12:25 PM
    Being an American and knowing my history. I know our two countries are tied together like no others. For if not for the French we would be British and not for the United States they would be speaking German.

But today we stand with our Allies and Brothers in France when I say: " Aujourd’hui, les barbares ont attaqué notre République. Aujourd’hui, nous sommes fermes avec nos frères Français. Viva La France. "
    Thank you very much. Merci beaucoup.
    10-29-20 01:13 PM
    Lets not forget who and why did it. Is there anything, we (western civilisation) should do about it?

Posted via CB10
    10-30-20 07:43 AM
    Lets not forget who and why did it. Is there anything, we (western civilisation) should do about it?

Posted via CB10
    I don’t think we can truly discuss those answers without violating the R&G of the CB Forums unfortunately.
    10-30-20 08:25 AM
    I don’t think we can truly discuss those answers without violating the R&G of the CB Forums unfortunately.
    Maybe its time to violate some rules... those men are cutting heads off. its not polite to treat others like this.

Posted via CB10
    zer0ten likes this.
    10-30-20 08:55 AM
    Maybe its time to violate some rules... those men are cutting heads off. its not polite to treat others like this.

Posted via CB10
    Well I'm ready for them here and I'll leave it at that.
    hplovecraft likes this.
    10-30-20 12:40 PM
    Being French and knowing my history. Knowing our 2 cultures, I cannot agree more with your statement. We need to keep standing strong together for our common values.
    phuoc likes this.
    10-30-20 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    "Not polite" is an understatement.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-20 12:04 AM
    There is a lot of messed up things going on in the world that are creating circumstances for a lot of messed up actions by a lot of messed up people, or by people that fall into messed up and miss-guided focus for their desperation or hate. Truly sad for the tragedy and the loss.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-31-20 06:46 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'd guess there's probably a few things we can do that might make the conditions for such situations to be less likely.
    10-31-20 06:53 AM
    I'd guess there's probably a few things we can do that might make the conditions for such situations to be less likely.
    What would you recommend then?

Posted via CB10
    11-01-20 03:48 PM
    What would you recommend then?

Posted via CB10
    Well I think we need to try to understand why these people think they are doing what they are doing, and then also try to understand why either nothing has been done about it, or why what might have tried to have been done hasn't been effective.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-01-20 06:21 PM
    Well I think we need to try to understand why these people think they are doing what they are doing, and then also try to understand why either nothing has been done about it, or why what might have tried to have been done hasn't been effective.
    The problem has been known and discussed for about five years or so. This all is related to Charlie Hebdo and extremists.

Perhaps, a discussion about passing "stand your ground" laws is what the French citizens should consider now?
    11-01-20 07:14 PM
    ...Perhaps, a discussion about passing "stand your ground" laws is what the French citizens should consider now?
    Do you think someone that thinks they might be killed isn't going to defend themselves because there isn't a "you have the right to stand your ground" law?
    11-01-20 07:27 PM
    ...This all is related to Charlie Hebdo and extremists...
    Why do think people feel they need to be extreme and kill because someone posts a cartoon?
    11-01-20 07:29 PM
    Do you think someone that thinks they might be killed isn't going to defend themselves because there isn't a "you have the right to stand your ground" law?
    Part of the process of passing the laws are the citizens discussing the laws. The discussion starts the process of changing the psyche of the people.

Unfortunately, at some point, the citizens have to accept the "war" is real. Standing your ground isn't the just the legality but also the ability to do so. The idea of people acting defensively, thinking defensively, arming themselves may be counterintuitive for many, don't you think?
    11-01-20 07:34 PM
    ...Standing your ground isn't the just the legality but also the ability to do so. The idea of people acting defensively, thinking defensively, arming themselves may be counterintuitive for many, don't you think?
    I am not sure. I don't really follow what you are saying here.
    11-01-20 07:43 PM
    Part of the process of passing the laws are the citizens discussing the laws. The discussion starts the process of changing the psyche of the people...
    Ok, the first part of what you said seems straight forward to me, but I don't follow the second part of what you said, in terms of maybe a psyche that needs fixing?
    11-01-20 07:45 PM
    ...Unfortunately, at some point, the citizens have to accept the "war" is real...
    ...and what "war" is that?
    11-01-20 07:46 PM
    I am not sure. I don't really follow what you are saying here.
    Terrorists and Extremists are not always one and the same, but sometimes they are. Many other countries aren't used to kind of violence seen in these situations.

Here in USA, but also in many countries in South and Central America, for different reasons, this kind of violence isn't as shocking and we're psychologically more prepared for it.
    11-01-20 07:55 PM
    Terrorists and Extremists are not always one and the same, but sometimes they are. Many other countries aren't used to kind of violence seen in these situations.

Here in USA, but also in many countries in South and Central America, for different reasons, this kind of violence isn't as shocking and we're psychologically more prepared for it.
    Ok.
    11-01-20 08:01 PM
    ...and what "war" is that?
    The violent actions of religious extremists, ideology extremists and so on that are battling with the everyday citizens of society with different perspectives and beliefs.
    11-01-20 08:02 PM
    The violent actions of religious extremists, ideology extremists and so on that are battling with the everyday citizens of society with different perspectives and beliefs.
    Well I am not sure if that is what happened in this case, as opossed to the guy simply be driven over the edge due to a cumulative desperation of circumstances, but then again I guess that is probably the convient type of breeding ground that generates those types of opportunities, not much unlike how others are also taken advantage of elsewhere and for other purposes.
    11-01-20 08:08 PM
    Well I am not sure if that is what happened in this case, as opossed to the guy simply be driven over the edge due to a cumulative desperation of circumstances, but then again I guess that is probably the convient type of breeding ground that generates those types of opportunities, not much unlike how others are also taken advantage of elsewhere and for other purposes.
    Turkey and Pakistan are reacting and threatening action over this action from a religion perspective against France so opportunists at the highest levels of government are escalating
    11-01-20 08:12 PM
106 123 ...