06-25-09 04:59 PM
    I can't believe this.
    06-25-09 05:03 PM
    He had a heart attack and died today.

He was 50 years old.

I can't believe this.
    06-25-09 05:04 PM
    06-25-09 05:04 PM
    I meant I couldn't believe he died. I was shocked when I heard it on the radio 10 minutes ago.
    06-25-09 05:05 PM
    Oh really? It's on TMZ?
    06-25-09 05:06 PM
    I'm shocked... and speechless.

Sure he was weird, but he was still one of the biggest pop icons the music industry has ever known.
    06-25-09 05:06 PM
    TMZ? Why hasn't CNN updated the news? I can't trust TMZ. I got the CNN news alert on my phone...and I'm on CNN now, and I don't see anything about a death.
    06-25-09 05:08 PM
    TMZ? Why hasn't CNN updated the news? I can't trust TMZ. I got the CNN news alert on my phone...and I'm on CNN now, and I don't see anything about a death.
    TMZ wouldn't be that irresponsible to report that he's dead. When it comes to
    celebrity news, they're the first on it. They wouldn't risk their credibility like
    that. And yes, TMZ has much more crediblity than most other news outlets.
    06-25-09 05:10 PM
    Maybe they don't feel this is news enough?

::shrugs::

I'm depressed now.

:'-(
    No one has confirmed yet, I expect because there's not any family there yet. I expect they would like to know before the world's press.

Although I think you can assume from a lack of "no wait, he's fine, don't worry" from someone, that it's not good.
    No one has confirmed yet, I expect because there's not any family there yet. I expect they would like to know before the world's press.

Although I think you can assume from a lack of "no wait, he's fine, don't worry" from someone, that it's not good.
    I dunno.. its listed as "RIP" on TMZ's main page... the same exact way as Farrah's...
    06-25-09 05:11 PM
    My mom just texted and told me. Wow.
    06-25-09 05:12 PM
    I dunno.. its listed as "RIP" on TMZ's main page... the same exact way as Farrah's...
    I'll go with CNN. Till I read it there, I'm on hold. CNN had Farrah's death announcement all over the homepage.
    06-25-09 05:12 PM
    La Toya is reported to have gone to the hospital already...
    06-25-09 05:13 PM
    I'll go with CNN. Till I read it there, I'm on hold. CNN had Farrah's death announcement all over the homepage.
    I dunno. I don't think TMZ would joke about that.
    Maybe they don't feel this is news enough?

::shrugs::

I'm depressed now.

:'-(
    No way, love. Michael Jackson is one of the greatest to have ever done the darn thing. No way would CNN miss that. None of the big media sources have said he's "dead". That means something to me. When I hear it from a news source I consider reliable, then I'm going to fall on the floor and scream.
    Last edited by Tlynnsmith; 06-25-09 at 05:16 PM.
    I'm waiting until a real news outlet reports his death. TMZ is nothing more than a gossip outlet.
    06-25-09 05:15 PM
    Oh my god. If its true, a legend has died today...

I'm waiting on BBC News update for confirmation

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 05:16 PM
    As much as I don't want it to be true... I just don't think TMZ would be so irresponsible as to report such a thing...

CNN reported the heart attack but stated:

"Asked specifics of the patient's condition, the spokesman said he could not discuss them because of federal privacy laws."

So wouldn't they be in big trouble by breaking such a news story if it were untrue?
    06-25-09 05:16 PM
    I'm waiting until a real news outlet reports his death. TMZ is nothing more than a gossip outlet.
    They might be a bit more offensive than others, but they usually have the same news as everyone else.
    06-25-09 05:17 PM
    Yes, but Farrah was quite (publicly) unwell, it wasn't entirely unexpected.

BBC just reported another source saying he's in a coma.

This is the problem with rolling news, they say and print whatever they like without confirmed facts. He may well have mutated into a purple gelatinous mould for all we know, and for all the news networks want to confirm.
    06-25-09 05:18 PM
    At 5:16pm est today, i rec'd a text alert from WABC-tv that stated: "MIchael Jackson rushed to the hospital"

Other than that, thats all ive heard so far......

(at 12:59pm est today i rec'd the alert from 7togo about Farrah Fawcett )
    06-25-09 05:19 PM
    At 5:16pm est today, i rec'd a text alert from WABC-tv that stated: "MIchael Jackson rushed to the hospital"
    Yes, thats all CNN is reporting....
    06-25-09 05:21 PM
    CNN just announced he(Michael Jackson) had cardiac arrest and is now in a coma at UCLA Med center. They just announced it as i posted this.
    06-25-09 05:21 PM
256 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD