Sorry about this, but is there really a National Zombie day? Not trying to get everyone off topic, but this is intrusting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 09:08 PM
    Yes, there is. Google it.
    All animosity aside, this is honestly a fun thread to read.

05-25-08 09:16 PM
    I just got an idea, since some people want the ot topics to be themed and that makes sense to me as well, why not start a new meaningless discussion section completely independent of the ot forum. I do see how people enjoy these threads at times and this may solve some people's problems. We all should get along here. Isn't this the place that we come to talk to people who have one common thing in mind? Blackberry unite!

05-25-08 09:24 PM
    without the mods, without them doing what they do, crackberry.com could easily get shut down. i dont come in off topic too much, and i dont know what threads they close, but what they do, they do for a reason. no imnot kissin their butts eather, but im just saying, what they do, they do it for a reason.

come on guys, drop this and keep on keepin on.
    05-25-08 09:25 PM
    I think its ridiculous to say there shouldn't be an OT forum at all. If there wasn't, you'd have a bunch of nonsense clogging up the on topic forums, which I would imagine is the entire reason an OT forum was created in the first place. BB users are not robots, and while some posts may be random or silly or pointless or completely non-BB related, some of them are also fun and in fact, informative. If you don't agree, fine, but its no reason to go talking about how they shouldn't exist.
    I hate brussel sprouts, but I don't want them wiped off the earth.
    I agree that people should limit their cursing,(I manage to do it), and certainly, if a thread seems purposefully inflammatory or somehow offensive to MORE than ONE person, then remove it.
    This place is, of course, a product-specific forum, and should be treated as such...BUT...
    How can a place that is NAMED after a drug reference claim to be a family forum?
    And let's be realistic, CRACK is a drug reference, prettied up to be about a product line or not.
    Please don't get me wrong, I love this place and I agree with everything Kevin stated in his above post. I'm just playing Devils Advocate here.
    Its VERY hypocritical at worst and na�ve at best to expect every member here to act as robots and never express their opinions in a way that's not going to offend SOMEONE, and on the flipside, its just plain dumb and disrespectful to treat the forums here as a personal blog or a venting mechanism just because you're having a bad day or upset with a mods actions. That IS, in fact, what PMs are for.
    Now sure, I'm guilty of posting a few random comments here and there in OT, and I even started a thread recognizing National Zombie Day, with a ton of pics of people dressed as zombies, which no one seemed to pay much attention to, but it didn't get removed either.
    But if one of the mods had been offended by this post and removed it, would I have gotten all hot about it and started other threads condemning them?
    Probably not. I think I wouldve just assumed they felt it wasn't within the forum guidelines and said "oh well".
    I think everyone involved here should just lighten up, take a step back...and get over it.
    Its not life, its CrackBerry!

Thats what i said. I guess they dont like being told we dont like their methods
    05-25-08 09:30 PM
    I love this website, the wealth of information, and all the help I can get at the click of my mouse... There are always gonna be rules no matter where you go, I happen to like having the mods to step in when things get outta hand, I also like having the OT to chat about stupid crap.... Can't we all just get along? lol

Just different opinions on a forum. It happens. lol I'm still trying to get that mental pic of my boss "in his" underwear out of my mind Yuk!!
    05-25-08 09:30 PM
    Re: CrackBerry.... Yeah...it's true...we have the word "Crack" in our domain and that *is* part of the reason why our attitude here is more lax than others... I think in whole we can "get away" with things a bit more cause we have that more "edgy" attitude at our core.

It's not that we're necessarily a "family/appropriate for all ages" site either... I don't necessarily think we are. Example - in the Wallpaper gallery we have the Babes category. The biggest thing there though is we put a disclaimer on it by saying that's it's NSFW. I'm sure not everybody may like this category, but the disclaimer let's people know that it contains content that they may not like, so they don't have to click it. And we have a huge amount of people who love that category (again, can't keep everyone happy). In the forums, when we have had incidents of inappropriate language crop up (as in the mod team doesn't catch it right away), people without fail report it in. It shows me that the general consensus by the community is to keep the language here clean and environment friendly. I think if you let the language slide, it quickly kills the atmosphere. I love to swear... I just keep it out of the forums and save it for emails/PMs/real life talk. In the forums the swearing doesn't actually add any value, and it's just as easy to Not Swear as it is Too Swear.

OK...Enough for now from me. This forum off topic stuff is kind of addicting..and I already got enough addictions.

Play Nice Everyone. Have Fun.
    05-25-08 09:35 PM
    It's nice how everyone pays attention to the stuff we shut down...and not the stuff we let slide through...considering half the reported posts come from Off Topic posts anyways..

People just need to relax and enjoy, some stuff will get wiped..some stuff won't....find me one site that wont do the same, that's actually a USEFUL site and not just some spam bait site.

It's not the intention to rule with heavy hands around here, but I'm positive if you spend a day on any other BB site and had the same posts, they'd be gone MUCH faster then what they are here.

I've been to those sites...I've been a member of those sites...I've LEFT all those sites due their heavy handed rulings.
    Last edited by Bla1ze; 05-25-08 at 09:55 PM.
    05-25-08 09:50 PM
    LA is losing by 20
    05-25-08 09:58 PM
    Again this site is great. As many have said, we all can't agree on everything on cb, but no matter there are still rules. Most people don't follow rules all the time,I know I don't But still these mods are here for a reason. On that note, goodnight to all and I will be back in the morning. Now time to shut off my bb, the hardest part of my day

05-25-08 10:01 PM
    Just different opinions on a forum. It happens. lol I'm still trying to get that mental pic of my boss "in his" underwear out of my mind Yuk!!
    lmao FUNNY
    05-25-08 10:04 PM
    Okay... So since there it is such a bad thing to go and post particular photos on here... is it cool to have a site where we exclusively post photos and videos from our blackberries? I created it, and its legit. (No solicitation) and its partnered with CB.

BBCentral
    05-25-08 10:12 PM
    Your Site...Your Business...No issues from me.

Although I'd kill all the Java there...dont play well with BB browser..
    05-25-08 10:41 PM
    The java can be switched off... And theres a mobile version of the site.
    05-25-08 10:45 PM
    Wow! Forget about reality TV! This thread rocks - keep going and I will never log off here!

05-25-08 10:49 PM
    maybe a real chatroom would be a place for the people here to all go and chat and talk about whatever you like i dont know if kevin or any of the admin have looked into getting one together but thats just my 2cents
    05-25-08 10:49 PM
    maybe a real chatroom would be a place for the people here to all go and chat and talk about whatever you like i dont know if kevin or any of the admin have looked into getting one together but thats just my 2cents
    Lol this is true
    05-25-08 10:51 PM
    i would be in it all the time lol especially since im bored at work all day a lot
    05-25-08 10:52 PM
    This is true. I guess bbcentral will work for now. lol
    05-25-08 10:55 PM
    is there a chat room there? maybe ill go into yahoo chat and create a cb chatroom or maybe a "bb addict" room i dont wanna infringe on any copyrights lol
    05-25-08 10:56 PM
    its a discussion thing on there, but no chat as of recently
    05-25-08 10:57 PM
    hmmmmmm well im still suggesting that the admin looks into a live chatroom here at good old cb
    05-25-08 10:58 PM
    thats be nice, you talking about a chat on the actual site itself? The ram on the site wouldnt allow the storage to do it on the phone itself. But an aim or bbmessenger chat would work..

This what you talking about?
    05-25-08 11:13 PM
    I'm sorry, but I read through this whole thread and I don't get this issue.

We the members do not own or run this site, therefore it will not be our patooties in the sling should someone have an issue with content posted on the forums.

I never thought "off-topic" meant anything goes, nor do I think closing threads in any way infringes on anyones free speech. and for anyone to insinuate such, (a) is a person who either does not understand the concept or (b) a person void of intellectual honesty.

The people who run this site have worked very hard to build relationships in the BB community, and that relationship has benefited all of us. I think they are well within there rights to do whatever is required to maintain those relationships. Even if it means crushing some toes.
    05-25-08 11:17 PM
    I'm sorry, but I read through this whole thread and I don't get this issue.

We the members do not own or run this site, therefore it will not be our patooties in the sling should someone have an issue with content posted on the forums.

I never thought "off-topic" meant anything goes, nor do I think closing threads in any way infringes on anyones free speech. and for anyone to insinuate such, (a) is a person who either does not understand the concept or (b) a person void of intellectual honesty.

The people who run this site have worked very hard to build relationships in the BB community, and that relationship has benefited all of us. I think they are well within there rights to do whatever is required to maintain those relationships. Even if it means crushing some toes.
    Obviously either you cant read... Or you have selective eye vision. Everything has been cleared up. Obviously if your the only one that didnt get that memo.

Everybody else understood it but you. Dont be a **** kisser. It wont make you a moderator any faster.
    Last edited by ClassaN0va; 05-25-08 at 11:25 PM.
    05-25-08 11:22 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD