I would like to agree as well.

BUT just in case you all didn't notice....if you go back a few months in the off topic forum, you'll see that most POINTLESS threads, like "Hey There" Or "I was told to STFU" were all started by ONE person & for that one person to be a MOD and have the privilege of closing other threads like the ones mentioned above make no sense.

Contradicting ourselves are we?
    That was in the past, and like Kevin said we are learning from our mistakes. WE ALL have made dumb posts. One that I think is dumb is the 1,000 post. We had a mod make one and IMO no need for it.
    05-25-08 08:05 PM
    Well all I have to say is that the mods are here for a reason and don't go closing threads for enjoyment. I understand how non-mods may feel, but if your thread is closed than in some way you have violated the rules. I also think the ot is completely useless, as this site is all about berries, but as long as there is one, people need to follow the rules. If people are so fed up with the rules in the ot forum, why do you still post there? I'm not trying to continue the argument above, but that is how I feel.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-25-08 08:07 PM
    That was in the past, and like Kevin said we are learning from our mistakes. WE ALL have made dumb posts. One that I think is dumb is the 1,000 post. We had a mod make one and IMO no need for it.
    That is completely understandable. But you all, and I'm referring to the mods, can't really expect for everyone to behave and follow the rules, when there is clearly easy access to those threads.

Maybe you all should have thought about deleting those threads before making her a mod.

Then the community would have no info to back up their argument.
    05-25-08 08:09 PM
    BTW

I'm not sure if you were referring to MY 1000th post. But ummm...I ACTUALLY posted a THEME on that one. It wasn't just me saying how happy I am here and how fast I became a "master".

Just to refresh your memory...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f16/my-...w-theme-37407/
    05-25-08 08:13 PM
    No need to delete them. They were in the past. Past posts are past posts. As Kevin said he does NOT like to delete threads. Just because she has made those post doesn't discount her following/enforcing the rules. I have a friend that was a trouble maker, was in trouble with the law. Long story short he is now a Officer of the Law....NOW just because he broke some laws in the past should he not be aloud to be a officer??? As for your 1000 post I was not saying yours because yes you did post a theme with it, it was the first thing that came to mind.
    05-25-08 08:16 PM
    Thats fine. BUT I still don't agree with the method that you all are using to enforce the rules around here.

I don't mean to attack anyone, but it really doesn't make sense why you would that same person be in charge of the same forum in which she made her mistakes.

You would think, that you would want someone else for the job. Someone who wasn't caught posting crazy just to rack up her status here.

I'm just saying....
    05-25-08 08:22 PM
    i agree in part with cindy...

crackberry should be acceptable for all ages within reason. although parents should be looking over the shoulders of their teenagers, the reality is most aren't. the occasional damn or **** isnt a big deal but every other word shouldn't be a curse word.
    05-25-08 08:25 PM
    Here was our thought. Cate was in OT a lot, lets make her the person that is mainly going to look over it( tho all mods will still be looking over it). Now I can see your point Cindy, I'll bring it to Kevin. I have no problem with helping her out on OT. Would I be an OK person to watch over as well?
    05-25-08 08:26 PM
    i agree in part with cindy...

crackberry should be acceptable for all ages within reason. although parents should be looking over the shoulders of their teenagers, the reality is most aren't. the occasional damn or **** isnt a big deal but every other word shouldn't be a curse word.
    We are looking into getting an age limited up as I don't think anyone under the age of 16-17 should be aloud on our site( or the internet for that fact). I will again take this to Kevin
    05-25-08 08:28 PM
    Well all I have to say is that the mods are here for a reason and don't go closing threads for enjoyment. I understand how non-mods may feel, but if your thread is closed than in some way you have violated the rules. I also think the ot is completely useless, as this site is all about berries, but as long as there is one, people need to follow the rules. If people are so fed up with the rules in the ot forum, why do you still post there? I'm not trying to continue the argument above, but that is how I feel.

Yes.. indeed there are rules, and they are implemented.. But what makes people with power so punctual with their rules they cant follow them themselves? I dont care for how you plan to justify it.. You can kiss their **** if you want, i wont. Only thing that makes them different is their "member group" to me. We all have blackberries, yes. And if the OT is completely useless... so is the Social Network, and a bunch of other forums differentiating each particular blackberry. but i digress.

We arent fed up with the rules.. i personally could care less, but until they delete OT in general.. i will continue to make conversation about what I feel serves purpose. And once that "right" is taken.. it will be stated fact that out "member rights" are taken from us little by little.

Think about it. A newbie comes in here.... and asks a question they might not necessarily know about... The moderator sends them to a link that even though it has merit to conversation, may not answer all of their questions.

But we can agree to disagree if you like
    05-25-08 08:28 PM
    Click

I don't care whether you, cate, blaize or kevin himself were looking over OT.

MY point is that you shouldn't contradict yourselves.

If you don't want behavior like that, then don't give us a MOD who has a history of it.

I am in no position to tell you what to do. I'm not even complaining.

I was JUST giving you all my 2 cents, as stated in my previous post.
    05-25-08 08:29 PM
    We are looking into getting an age limited up as I don't think anyone under the age of 16-17 should be aloud on our site( or the internet for that fact). I will again take this to Kevin
    Establish a group of OT that are 18+ that all topics about blackberries can be discussed.

I personally dont see why a 16 year old would have a blackberry.. But hey.. I guess if their "parents" accept them having a sophisticated phone..... They shouldnt be surprised by the intellectual conversation on the phones message board.
    05-25-08 08:31 PM
    I agree with you!
    05-25-08 08:32 PM
    Click

I don't care whether you, cate, blaize or kevin himself were looking over OT.

MY point is that you shouldn't contradict yourselves.

If you don't want behavior like that, then don't give us a MOD who has a history of it.

I am in no position to tell you what to do. I'm not even complaining.

I was JUST giving you all my 2 cents, as stated in my previous post.
    Well we have made cate our mod and have made her the main person to look over OT, Like Kevin said if you don't like it then you can post somewhere else.
    05-25-08 08:34 PM
    I was not complaining...I couldn't care less who is or who isn't a mod.

AGAIN, I was JUST giving you all my 2 cents.

I'm done talking about this & I'll take your advice into consideration Click.
    05-25-08 08:36 PM
    .. Hey, how bout them Mets huh??

05-25-08 08:43 PM
    .. Hey, how bout them Mets huh??

Did they lose again?!?! lol
    05-25-08 08:44 PM
    lmao they did. lol
    05-25-08 08:46 PM
    Well obviously the only safe things to talk about are politics and religion

05-25-08 08:50 PM
    Well obviously the only safe things to talk about are politics and religion

lmao. Thats how i feel sometime. That and "falling in love through bb messenger"

Oh... lets not forget IVista themes"
    05-25-08 08:53 PM
    Ok well class, first off, I in no way, shape, or form are kissing the mods #**@$. Second, it is your right to post in the ot forum and any forum you so choose. Third, relating with the "new person" example, I 100% agree with you. It is great that they post links but those threads shouldn't be closed unless the poster says the problem is solved. With the "Under-age thing", let's just say I'm under the age of what is mentioned in the most recent above post. My parents aren't looking over my shoulder because they TRUST ME. My Dad is a cop, and I know what can happen to kids on the internet if they are stupid. I feel as long as you have some knowledge of people and what to not post on the internet, perverts won't come knocking on your door. I post my home town and my email. That's it. If some creep emails me, I block him. If he can track me down in a town of over 5,000 people on that info, I'll be pretty damn impressed. Sorry but in my opinion, I think bb's are for teens and adults alike. What elts would I do in Spanish and Earth Science Class Seriously though, bbs are for everyone and I hope cb is too. I love this site.

05-25-08 08:54 PM
    Fight da Power! Really are y'all still talkin about this? Waste of time. None of y'all are going to get any admin to say " You know, your absolutely right, we are just crazy. Well will change the rules just for all the complaints." Let's face it, that just won't happen. So why argue and keep posting to something thats a dead issue?? Just my 2 cents....

Public Enemy #1

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEah BOOOYYYYYYYY!
    05-25-08 08:54 PM
    Oh yea and classanova I do feel u tho homie.....Holla
    05-25-08 08:57 PM
    Re: Off-Topic Forum. My take is there has to be one. Primarily CrackBerry.com is a BLACKBERRY Help & Discussion forum. That's what this site is about. We want those forums to be ON TOPIC ALWAYS. That said, we know people want to get to know each other and talk about things that are off topic. By having a forum for that, it helps keep the BB Forums on topic. It might make things easier to not have an Off Topic forum, but I think it would be a disservice to the site and the community.

Re: Chat Threads. Cindy - I hear what you're saying Re: Cate starting some of the Random Chat type threads that aren't about a topic. Realize that. As I said in my long post - we "are allowing" those threads on the site, even though personally they are not my favorites based on how forums work, so this shouldn't be a problem. But I do think we now have enough chat/random threads started that we probably don't need more started.

Re: Off Topic in General. Honestly, what it comes down to is the Off Topic shouldn't even need modding. The actual # of users who frequent regularly is not that big. You can all really police it yourselves. Everybody read through the forum rules again to brush up on them, and just follow them. Keep the language clean, be friendly, don't talk about people, etc. and there will be no need to even watch these threads. And as new members join the site, you as existing members can teach the newbies the inns and outs of what's allowed/not allowed. If you see a post that's out of line, you can always use the report post function on it and then a mod will step in to clean it up.

The last thing I want to see is an Us vs. Them mentality in the forums. It's not needed and it doesn't help anything. I'd much rather just see the community be aware of our basic rules and abide by them and self-enforce them. Makes my life easier, the mods life easier, and your lives easier. We're all making more work/stress for ourselves here for no real good reason. As was said above..we can just all get along.

Sound ok? Let's give it a try and I'll check back in a week.
    05-25-08 08:57 PM
    I think its ridiculous to say there shouldn't be an OT forum at all. If there wasn't, you'd have a bunch of nonsense clogging up the on topic forums, which I would imagine is the entire reason an OT forum was created in the first place. BB users are not robots, and while some posts may be random or silly or pointless or completely non-BB related, some of them are also fun and in fact, informative. If you don't agree, fine, but its no reason to go talking about how they shouldn't exist.
    I hate brussel sprouts, but I don't want them wiped off the earth.
    I agree that people should limit their cursing,(I manage to do it), and certainly, if a thread seems purposefully inflammatory or somehow offensive to MORE than ONE person, then remove it.
    This place is, of course, a product-specific forum, and should be treated as such...BUT...
    How can a place that is NAMED after a drug reference claim to be a family forum?
    And let's be realistic, CRACK is a drug reference, prettied up to be about a product line or not.
    Please don't get me wrong, I love this place and I agree with everything Kevin stated in his above post. I'm just playing Devils Advocate here.
    Its VERY hypocritical at worst and na�ve at best to expect every member here to act as robots and never express their opinions in a way that's not going to offend SOMEONE, and on the flipside, its just plain dumb and disrespectful to treat the forums here as a personal blog or a venting mechanism just because you're having a bad day or upset with a mods actions. That IS, in fact, what PMs are for.
    Now sure, I'm guilty of posting a few random comments here and there in OT, and I even started a thread recognizing National Zombie Day, with a ton of pics of people dressed as zombies, which no one seemed to pay much attention to, but it didn't get removed either.
    But if one of the mods had been offended by this post and removed it, would I have gotten all hot about it and started other threads condemning them?
    Probably not. I think I wouldve just assumed they felt it wasn't within the forum guidelines and said "oh well".
    I think everyone involved here should just lighten up, take a step back...and get over it.
    Its not life, its CrackBerry!

05-25-08 09:00 PM
98 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD