First off im 16 and getting my license soon and im looking at cars realized my fellow crackheads can help me out.

So..Im looking at classic cars that i can restore( i have some experience) im trying to get my hands on a 67-69 camaro, 70-72 chevelle, 69-72 challenger or charger, a 70s cudda, or a 67 mustang fastback.

I am looking for a car that runs reliabaly but needs body and interior work for a reasonable price.

any suggestions, offers etc.

Thanks
    05-11-09 08:59 PM
    Wow. Good luck finding any of those at a reasonable price.
    05-11-09 09:52 PM
    +1

youd probably be btter off finding an 80s model mustang or t-bird or something with a v8 in it

you should be able to find one in rather good condition for around 2k

then you can spend a bunch of money beefin it up
    05-11-09 10:02 PM
    You can always find those kind of cars on Ebay, however you aren't going to find one that runs and only needs body work for cheap. I know from experience. If the car has a running motor than it is going to go for at least 4k or 5k no matter how bad the body is.
    If you really do want to find one, I suggest looking at autotrader.com and other sites similar to that. I know there is a classic car trader that they have at convience stores around me but not sure about other parts of the world. That would be a good place to start though; there are always cars needing some work for sale in those.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 11:42 PM
    I concur on the T-bird idea, but if you're really into classic American heavy metal, there are some 60s model T-birds and others running around at a decent price. The Chevelles, Camaros,and such are drawing high $ and demand all over these days. Finding one for a decent price that runs will wear you out quickly.

Look for something a little different, out of the ordinary, say like a Gran Torino or Galaxie, or maybe an Impala of that vintage. Something that you can make yours. The custom mods are still available, and your insurance will be a little more reasonable, to boot.

05-11-09 11:48 PM
    I'd say an older Charger... Although I wouldn't buy a classic myself. Too much money to put into them to get it where you want it. They use alot more gas, and parts/maintenance is more expensive. If you've got the money, try an '09 Challenger. I think they start at $26 000
    05-11-09 11:50 PM
    I'd say an older Charger... Although I wouldn't buy a classic myself. Too much money to put into them to get it where you want it. They use alot more gas, and parts/maintenance is more expensive. If you've got the money, try an '09 Challenger. I think they start at $26 000
    Good suggestion BS, but he is only 16. He wouldn't even be able to get financed for a vehicle like that. He's too young to have any established credit and it takes a good few years to do so after turning 18.

05-12-09 12:59 AM
    Buddy of mine has a 69 Charger, so that gets my vote...
    05-12-09 05:09 AM
    +eleventybillion
    thats gonna be hard to find
    05-12-09 07:06 AM
    1972 Dodge Charger

You missed a shot! sold-=-1969 Dodge Charger project $500

Just keep your eyes open...
    05-12-09 07:34 AM
    i didnt mean cheap cheap, but around 5 or 6 gs

and thanks everyone for your input, im hevily concediring a chevelle or charger but the chevelles are alot cheaper.
    05-12-09 07:43 AM
    Buddy of mine has a 69 Charger, so that gets my vote...
    I WANT IT! haha
    05-12-09 07:43 AM
    anyone else with input on this topic, come on i know theres plenty of you out there being that theres over a million members.
    05-12-09 01:44 PM
    Although it is going to be hard to do, it can still be dine. Let me ask this, are you wanting to restore or restomod?
    Do you already have a cheap beater to get you around or is this going to be your only transport?
    If you're going to restore then I feel for your pockets. Restomod witt hurt too but not as bad.
    Have you considered possibly a lincoln of the mark series? Reason I ask is because there is one down the street from me with a straight body
    Complete interior and a BB 460. Paint, a rebuild and a redo of the tranny and interior and it is good to go, all for around 500 to 1000.
    With all of the unconventional muscle out there you might be better off to go that route. Just my 2 pennies worth.
    05-12-09 10:04 PM
    Although it is going to be hard to do, it can still be dine. Let me ask this, are you wanting to restore or restomod?
    Do you already have a cheap beater to get you around or is this going to be your only transport?
    If you're going to restore then I feel for your pockets. Restomod witt hurt too but not as bad.
    Have you considered possibly a lincoln of the mark series? Reason I ask is because there is one down the street from me with a straight body
    Complete interior and a BB 460. Paint, a rebuild and a redo of the tranny and interior and it is good to go, all for around 500 to 1000.
    With all of the unconventional muscle out there you might be better off to go that route. Just my 2 pennies worth.
    even a newer mark would rock

mark vii had a 5.0 ** and the mark viii came with a 32v 4.6(same motor as the mustang cobra)

i had a 93 mark viii and that thing would move.......and it was heavy as ****

you could probably find a nice mark viii, fully loaded and low miles for under 6k

then you can throw a supercharger on it and laugh at every honda you see, haha
    05-12-09 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD