Am I crazy for not liking social-networks?, I am so tired of people asking me to follow them on tweeter or asking me to add them on Facebook or better yet Myspace. True I had a Myspace but I opened to talk to my friends on the other side of the fence or on the other side of the world and by friends I mean people that I have met on real life not "friends" or "cyber friends", but since 98% are here now well I closed my account.
    Can anyone tell me what is so great about tweeter? who the heck cares what anyone did 5 minutes ago I mean if I were to open a tweeter acc. my "tweets" would be something like this "I was with a patient", "still with the same patient", "patient crying","eating egg salad",finish my egg salad and I burped"..would anyone find that interesting or amusing?, true a lot of people might say, well its because u r not important but what about a singer..ok lets say Bono from U2 I highly doubt that his tweets would be something like this:"The pope and I sang Stairway to heaven","I just cured AIDS".
    I am not trying to be rude or anything but I guess I just dont get it...
    Last edited by molochete; 08-05-09 at 01:11 PM.
    08-05-09 01:04 PM
    I did start facebook to connect with friends and people I haven't seen in quite awhile. I really can't understand the Twitter rage though. I agree that most posts cannot be that interesting. I do have some friends that follow professional sports players and have been able to talk with them on a more personal level than what you see in interviews and such. But nothing has really grabbed my attention to really make me want to start a twitter account.
    08-05-09 01:12 PM
    Am I crazy for not liking social-networks?, I am so tired of people asking me to follow them on tweeter or asking me to add them on Facebook or better yet Myspace. True I had a Myspace but I opened to talk to my friends on the other side of the fence or on the other side of the world and by friends I mean people that I have met on real life not "friends" or "cyber friends", but since 98% are here now well I closed it my account.
    Can anyone tell me what is so great about tweeter? who the heck cares what anyone did 5 minutes ago I mean if I were to open a tweeter acc. my "tweets" would be something like this "I was with a patient", "still with the same patient", "patient crying","eating egg salad",finish my egg salad and I burped"..would anyone find that interesting or amusing?, true a lot of people might say, well its because u r not important but what about a singer..ok lets say Bono from U2 I highly doubt that his tweets would be something like this:"The pope and I sang Stairway to heaven","I just cured AIDS".
    I am not trying to be rude or anything but I guess I just dont get it...

facebook is cool because it's an easy way to stay in contact with people you know, parties that are going on, festivals that are going on, if you follow the right places you can get coupons not offered anywhere else that kinda stuff, i don't get into all of the "causes" and stuff like that... just people i know personally.

and Twitter... i follow Crackberry, T-Mobile, BGR, and some other companies. it give news updates, contest, and various other goodies, if you don't like that fine, if you that's fine...
    08-05-09 01:14 PM
    Social networks SUCK!!!

I've tried MySpace, Facebook and Twit....ter. Great sites if you wan't to get stalked by weirdies. They all suck IMO.
    08-05-09 01:24 PM

facebook is cool because it's an easy way to stay in contact with people you know, parties that are going on, festivals that are going on, if you follow the right places you can get coupons not offered anywhere else that kinda stuff, i don't get into all of the "causes" and stuff like that... just people i know personally.

and Twitter... i follow Crackberry, T-Mobile, BGR, and some other companies. it give news updates, contest, and various other goodies, if you don't like that fine, if you that's fine...
    I guess this website would fall under the social network label right? I like this website I mean I agree with you about the updates and all of that.
    08-05-09 01:25 PM
    Social networks SUCK!!!

I've tried MySpace, Facebook and Twit....ter. Great sites if you wan't to get stalked by weirdies. They all suck IMO.
    +1. This cannot be stressed enough. How are things going King o' the necro-post?
    08-05-09 03:05 PM
    i like my privacy. therefore, i dislike most social networking sites.

i keep up with my true friends via telephone (i dont have many, so its pretty easy)
    08-05-09 04:07 PM
    I guess this website would fall under the social network label right? I like this website I mean I agree with you about the updates and all of that.
    Yep i'd agree, this would be considered social networking.

and to the others on here, if i don't see you on a weekly basis, you're not getting my my "friends" list. and i've got my privacy locked down so tight that you cannot find me if you wanted to.... trust me some of my extended family isn't happy with me because they know i have a FB page but won't allow them on my page.
    08-05-09 04:35 PM
    Personally, and surprisingly, I enjoy FaceBook. I've connected with much of my family that I don't talk to nearly enough, and even if it's the short notes through FB, it's caused me to stay in contact more with some people.

I'm not one to put up a TON of updates about myself, but I enjoy hearing about what's going on in other's lives...

I'd say 95% of the people in my FaceBook I have met IRL, and the rest are a few of my closer friends from CB.com.

The nice thing about FaceBook is that they make it REALLY easy to connect with people from your past, and you can put in as much or as little time as you want.
    08-06-09 05:46 AM
    I hate myspace and face book... No offence too anyone here but IMO its for teenage girls who think its cool to have 1000 "friends" who they will never meet

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-09 08:15 AM
    I take offence to you saying "no offence." You are entitled to your opinion all day long, but if you feel it will offend, then don't share it.

Unless, of course, you are on an anonymous internet forum and there are no consequences...

Yes, all sarcasm.

08-06-09 08:35 AM
    I hate myspace and face book... No offence too anyone here but IMO its for teenage girls who think its cool to have 1000 "friends" who they will never meet

HAHA and I will prove that point for you. Yea I have TWO myspaces: one i have had for about 6 years and tons of people started adding it so I approved them that has a a couple thousand and some on it and the 2nd one is for friends only.
    I don't really keep up with myspace anymore since facebook is my new thing. I like facebook because old friends that I lost contact with have found me on there. Its nice when a friend from 1st grade finds you and you see how much you have both change.
    I have a twitter because people wouldn't stop asking me to make one. So I made it and haven't updated it since.
    08-06-09 08:51 AM
    i want to start a social networking site you can sign up for but it serves no purpose.
    your name gets put on a list on a website viewable by the public, no details, no friends, no nothing.
    08-06-09 09:22 AM
    no details, no friends, no nothing.
    Sounds like my kind of place!!!!!
    08-06-09 09:47 AM

I know what you mean!, one of my co workers has a myspace account and he has like 3000(I think he has like 12 "friend" pages) or a bit more "friends" but in real life everyone hates his guts no one talks to him or can tolerate him, I like to talk to him I found his negativity to be amusing.
    08-06-09 02:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD