i thought our northern cousins would like this...

10 things Canada does better than anywhere else - CNN.com
    12-16-13 12:24 PM
    I hope making beer is on that list.

Thread is moving on over to the Off-Topic Lounge.
    12-16-13 12:31 PM
    they forgot to include "Being Canadian"
    12-16-13 12:38 PM
    i thought our northern cousins would like this...

10 things Canada does better than anywhere else - CNN.com
    I'm sorry I didn't take the time to read the article attached to the link you posted. I was otherwise occupied by the gorgeous view of the lake beside the Tim Hortons at the high-way rest stop I was at on my way to the cottage. We recently got a crap load of snow here in 'Maple Leaf' land so if we get snow bound in the cottage I'm sure we could find some SCTV or Mike Meyers to watch on dvd. I can't wait until Team Canada 'owns the podium' this winter Olympics in freestyle skiing and other associated winter sports. Take care, eh!

(sent via my Q5 while paying some of the highest data and cell phone rates globally in Canada)

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:38 PM
    What about making the most secure smartphones? or growing the best green leafy substance which shall remain nameless despite its awesomeness...????? hehehe .
    SEAWARRIOR and shaleem like this.
    12-16-13 12:47 PM
    What about making the most secure smartphones? or growing the best green leafy substance which shall remain nameless despite its awesomeness...????? hehehe .
    Bc bud is nothing compared to what is used to be. Come to colorado and get your socks rocked.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 12:58 PM
    This made me LOL

10. Adorable terms and phrases

While you'll be hard-pressed to find a real-life, toque-wearin' local who's ever called someone a "hoser" or told them to "take off," Canadians do call their two-dollar coins "Toonies," cases of beer "two-fours" and napkins "serviettes" in polite company.
    Nowhere else will you be called a "rink rat" for loitering at ice arenas.
    Or be "given the gears" if you do something dumb.
    Or get asked, "What do you pay for hydro?"
    Or alerted that "your gitch is showing" if your belt is too loose.
    Enough said.
    My American co-workers always look at me funny when I say a phrase or term that I guess is distinctly Canadian....I guess they don;t use terms down there ...dunno LOL. Always get the comment "Where do you Canucks come up with this stuff" I always tell them to be thankful I'm not a newfie
    12-16-13 01:24 PM
    This made me LOL

My American co-workers always look at me funny when I say a phrase or term that I guess is distinctly Canadian....I guess they don;t use terms down there ...dunno LOL. Always get the comment "Where do you Canucks come up with this stuff" I always tell them to be thankful I'm not a newfie
    Ah yes. Newfieisms are like a whole next level of Canadiana. Lol. I have a friend from Corner Brook who has lived in Ontario probably longer than she lived in Newfoundland - but that is where she was born and raised. Every once in a while she comes out with a phrase that just cracks me up.

She also makes jig dinners - which we all love and she can't stand. Bless her heart for continuing to make them for us.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:55 PM
    I love my country :') and they forgot to mention being the best hockey players...

Posted via CB10
    BerryWizard and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-16-13 07:09 PM
    What is so nice with this country ?
    I am, what we call here, a naturalized Canadian. I was born in the Caribbean ( turtle island) and came here too young to remember the flight. Growing up, I became more and more proud of this country mostly because of my parents who moved here because they were in love with the culture and diversity.

Today, at 27 yo, I have visited over 50 countries so and there is none of them were I feel like home. I have lived in the west end of Montreal most of my life. This place is like a giant family !
    If you come here and you want to know why we love this country so much, there the trick :
    Do a road trip !
    From east to west northern and come back west to east close to the border. In the first part you will see the most amazing views of your life ( guaranteed ! ) and on the way back you will meet the 85 % of the people that make this place a keeper.

I honestly hope that everyone, whoever you are, were ever you are from, can feel the same way about there country.

Posted via CB10
    Anilu7 and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-16-13 07:31 PM
    Argh! That made me think about Pembroke, a little ontarian city closed to the military base. It has that little restaurant I always forget the name of. Anyway, this place serves the best and less expensive breakfast I've ate from P.E.I to Richmond.

You have a full, rosemary's Sunday breakfast with all the meat a man needs, pancakes with Canadian mapple syrup, toasts, hot chocolate or coffee = 10 $ +tx !!
    Last spring, I ate there at 7 am, drove all the way to Niagara Falls ( 6.5 hours) and I still couldn't find an empty place in my stomach to put my lunch.

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 07:37 PM
    The Irving truck stop out of Pembroke on the way to Petawawa serves awesome food!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 08:06 PM
    A couple of winter Olympics ago I remember the Zamboni driver (a Canadian) put a Loonie at centre ice before the big men's hockey game between the US and Canada. Canada won the gold. (Note: centre, not center and "the US", not America. )
    Last edited by Anilu7; 12-16-13 at 11:12 PM.
    BerryWizard and sam81 like this.
    12-16-13 10:35 PM
    A couple of winter Olympics ago I remember the Zamboni driver (a Canadian) put a Loonie at centre ice before the big men's hockey game between the US and Canada. Canada won the gold. (Note: centre, not center and "the US", not America. )
    Shuuuu! Don't tell all our secret stuffs !

Posted via CB10
    12-17-13 06:38 AM
    I love my Canadian friends and I always enjoy my visits to Canada. Great people who've always made me feel very welcome there. Oh, and lest I forget ....the women are soooooooo hot!!! LOL!!
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    12-18-13 09:22 AM
    I love my Canadian friends and I always enjoy my visits to Canada. Great people who've always made me feel very welcome there. Oh, and lest I forget ....the women are soooooooo hot!!! LOL!!
    Oh ya, we're very blessed when it comes to women

Posted via CB10
    12-19-13 12:00 PM
    Really? He put it at center ice and Canada most assuredly beat America in the Finals. Heartbreaking, even though some of my Blackhawks were on the Canadian team. If it's not proper to call the U.S. America, then why are we referred to as Americans? That always puzzled me.
    12-20-13 11:42 AM
    Oh ! Canadian are really superb in these 10 things that you have mentioned.
    12-21-13 02:26 AM
    I couldn't agree more with the road trips to discovering new foods! Hahaha I do it all the time, not just locally though

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 02:44 AM
    I'm a dual citizen now, but was Canadian first and still consider it my home and love it and all the things it represents.
    12-21-13 08:49 AM
    I'm a dual citizen now, but was Canadian first and still consider it my home and love it and all the things it represents.
    U.S. doesn't recognize dual citizenship anymore,,, you may be thinking of dual status, which refers to an aliens' tax status...
    12-21-13 09:08 AM
    U.S. doesn't recognize dual citizenship anymore,,, you may be thinking of dual status, which refers to an aliens' tax status...
    Nope. I currently have both passports. Canada still recognizes dual citizenship I believe.
    12-21-13 09:17 AM
    Nope. I currently have both passports. Canada still recognizes dual citizenship I believe.
    ahhh, yeah, Canada does i think,,, but don't be surprised if U.S. releases one from your possesion,,, just a thought...
    12-21-13 09:19 AM
    ahhh, yeah, Canada does i think,,, but don't be surprised if U.S. releases one from your possesion,,, just a thought...
    Nope. U.S. accepts dual citizenship unless you wilfully renounce your U.S. Citizenship by filling out an official citizenship renunciation form.

I deal with a lot of immigration issues and have a multi dual citizenship family.

That being said, some U.S. border officials aren't very happy about the rules and hassle people with more than one passport (they don't have legal grounds to do so though).

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 09:33 AM
    Nope. U.S. accepts dual citizenship unless you wilfully renounce your U.S. Citizenship by filling out an official citizenship renunciation form.

I deal with a lot of immigration issues and have a multi dual citizenship family.

That being said, some U.S. border officials aren't very happy about the rules and hassle people with more than one passport (they don't have legal grounds to do so though).

Posted via CB10
    Thanks! Was starting to worry haha.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-13 09:37 AM
44 12