Yankees? I don't even watch hockey!
    12-23-08 12:48 PM
    Born in Boston and love the yankees screw all of you!!!!!!
    12-23-08 12:52 PM
    Mass resident yankee fan. Mark teixeira today. And C.C. and Burnett within the past 10 days. Lookin good this year. And say C.C. Can't win a big game, he's 28 and has plenty of years and fingers to prove otherwise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-08 04:40 PM
    Yeah watch and see when CC and AJ get hurt like they always do. Yankees are desperate more than ever now. Opening a new stadium and raising ticket prices during a bad economic slowdown. It will all crumble. Watch and see.

12-23-08 04:54 PM
    Well I called it. The Yanks signed Tex right from under the noses of the Bosox. Talk about folks really hating or loving the Yanks this will do it.
    12-23-08 07:10 PM
    Yeah watch and see when CC and AJ get hurt like they always do. Yankees are desperate more than ever now. Opening a new stadium and raising ticket prices during a bad economic slowdown. It will all crumble. Watch and see.

Burnett has had his injuries yeah, but CC?? How is he gonna get hurt like 'he always does' He has averaged 15 wins a season for the past 8 years, and he is only 28! I'd say he is a pretty damn good pitcher. And raising prices and opening a new stadium will have no effect with the economy the way it is. Its NYC, its almost a different world. Watch them sell out just about every game, if not all, with 15,000 more seats than the red sox.

They cleared some 88 million dollars off of their roster from last season. So it only makes sense to spend some if not all of that money on this season. Which they haven't even used up all of that 88 million yet. Along with the new stadium the teams revenue is going to almost double what they were bringing in before, they can spend no matter what economy it is.

They also are helping the rest of the league. More tickets will be sold in more stadiums when they are on the road, just as they have up to today. People want to see them play, they want to see these players. So their big spending in turn helps different cities continue to roll, continue to pay thousands of employees in ballparks, hotels, restaraunts, etc. Along with letting everyone have a little bit of fun!
    12-23-08 07:21 PM
    Well I called it. The Yanks signed Tex right from under the noses of the Bosox. Talk about folks really hating or loving the Yanks this will do it.
    And blame John Henry not the Yankees. He lost your chance at signing Teixeira by not raising his offer. He could have easily done so, but he cheaped out by 1.5 million a year! Thats chump change to these two teams.

You could always resign manny..........
    12-23-08 07:22 PM
    Best rivalry in Sports along with Celts Lakers. Gonna be a great season in a great division.
    12-23-08 07:49 PM
    Burnett has had his injuries yeah, but CC?? How is he gonna get hurt like 'he always does' He has averaged 15 wins a season for the past 8 years, and he is only 28! I'd say he is a pretty damn good pitcher. And raising prices and opening a new stadium will have no effect with the economy the way it is. Its NYC, its almost a different world. Watch them sell out just about every game, if not all, with 15,000 more seats than the red sox.

They cleared some 88 million dollars off of their roster from last season. So it only makes sense to spend some if not all of that money on this season. Which they haven't even used up all of that 88 million yet. Along with the new stadium the teams revenue is going to almost double what they were bringing in before, they can spend no matter what economy it is.

They also are helping the rest of the league. More tickets will be sold in more stadiums when they are on the road, just as they have up to today. People want to see them play, they want to see these players. So their big spending in turn helps different cities continue to roll, continue to pay thousands of employees in ballparks, hotels, restaraunts, etc. Along with letting everyone have a little bit of fun!
    Thanks for making my point about CC. Eight years!! You really think that's going to continue? Especially the way he got used up in Milwaukee. Gimme a break. The Yankees had a $140 million offer on the table and he still didn't acknowldedge for a month. Nobody came close to matching it. So what do the Yanks do? They throw another year and an extra 20 mil. They're desperate. If they weren't lil Hank would have pulled that 7 year offer away and told CC to go screw himself.

As far as "NYC is different." Yeah, typical. NYC thinks they're in the center of the universe and that nothing applies to them. The economy hasn't hit sports quite yet. If an actual vote had been held to fund that stadium I bet it wouldn't have passed. Talk about draining your city's money system. Here in So Cal we can't even get a football team beacause here we're not dumb enough to fund some state of the art stadium and drain our own money. "Look at us. We got a big stadium." I can't wait for all this to explode in the Yankees' face. Especially to hear all those "New Yahkahs." Bunch of "cahksukahs" LMAO

12-25-08 02:38 PM
    Screw the Yankees it's all about the Mets
    12-26-08 10:15 AM
    Mets finally realized you need a deep bull pen. Now if they sign Derek Lowe............ Yanks really stole the Mets thunder this off season though. It should be a real interesting season in both leagues.
    12-26-08 10:45 AM
    Screw the Yankees it's all about the Mets

Were not really talking about the same team who chocked it out 2 years in a row right?

YANKEES BABY !!!!

All you guys can hate the EVIL EMPIRE.

The nation will fall because the EMPIRE STRIKES BACK !!

Tex + AROD = OMG

Hate to say it sox fans but this is the first year in ten years that the Yankees have a staff-

OH and MANNY CLAUSE is coming to town
    12-27-08 10:03 AM
    Hate them also...They try to buy the WS....

And their fans so so full of themselves.
    12-27-08 10:47 AM
    And blame John Henry not the Yankees. He lost your chance at signing Teixeira by not raising his offer. He could have easily done so, but he cheaped out by 1.5 million a year! Thats chump change to these two teams.

You could always resign manny..........
    Wow. Someone that knows what hes talking about.

It doesent matter what the yankees do - people will always hate.

If anaheim signed CC - everyone would praise them
    IF boston signed TEX - everyone would praise them

FYI - yanks cut payroll this year....they are 20 mil under last years payroll.
    12-27-08 12:15 PM
    I don't really hate the Yankees because they sign lots of players. I actually like the fact that they pay big money to pitchers who have injury issues or big game issues. No way CC will hold up in New York. My hate for the Yankees is more about my hate of NYC all together.
    12-27-08 12:36 PM
    I don't really hate the Yankees because they sign lots of players. I actually like the fact that they pay big money to pitchers who have injury issues or big game issues. No way CC will hold up in New York. My hate for the Yankees is more about my hate of NYC all together.
    You have some serious issues. If you don't like NYC then don't come here and don't watch the Yankees. Period. Or should I say, Man up and get off your Period!
    You live in So Cal and your worried about things on the other side of the country that don't concern you or your money? Get back to your California dreamin' and stop hatin'!
    Tell me how my a*s taste!

12-27-08 12:52 PM
    You have some serious issues. If you don't like NYC then don't come here and don't watch the Yankees. Period. Or should I say, Man up and get off your Period!
    You live in So Cal and your worried about things on the other side of the country that don't concern you or your money? Get back to your California dreamin' and stop hatin'!
    Tell me how my a*s taste!

I'd rather be hounded by an unfed water buffalo than go to NYC. Even being in So Cal we still have to listen to L.A. transplants from NYC talk about how "this ain't like New Yahk. You guys got no good pizza heahhh!! You guys got no good italian food heahhh like on 243023th st." Gimme a break. Your response just proved my point. New Yorkers think they're at the center of the universe. Every single time I've met someone from New York, it doesn't take the person not more than 5 seconds to announce that he/she is from New York.
    12-27-08 12:58 PM
    CC is 28 years old and over 300lbs....he is a recipe for disaster...im glad the yanks signed AND are throwing over 20mil a year at him. he WILL get hurt if he doesnt lose weight, guaranteed. he is a great pitcher in most games - however, if we all remember in 2007 the yanks tee-ed off on him once and the sox pummeled him twice...he's no big game pitcher, the yankees can have him. 17mil for burnett? no thanks - that's serious desperation. texeria - probably the second best 1st baseman in baseball today. i would have like to see the sox nab him and send youk (the best first baseman in baseball - and if you dont believe check the stats) to third, but whatever we didnt need him. we shed coco, that needed to happen. added some middle relief. we might still get lowe (not sure how i feel about that though). overall i'd still take the sox lineup any day over the yanks.....for the past 10 years the yanks have made superstar lineups - how has that worked out for them? gotta build a TEAM.
    12-29-08 09:27 AM
    CC is 28 years old and over 300lbs....he is a recipe for disaster...im glad the yanks signed AND are throwing over 20mil a year at him. he WILL get hurt if he doesnt lose weight, guaranteed. he is a great pitcher in most games - however, if we all remember in 2007 the yanks tee-ed off on him once and the sox pummeled him twice...he's no big game pitcher, the yankees can have him. 17mil for burnett? no thanks - that's serious desperation. texeria - probably the second best 1st baseman in baseball today. i would have like to see the sox nab him and send youk (the best first baseman in baseball - and if you dont believe check the stats) to third, but whatever we didnt need him. we shed coco, that needed to happen. added some middle relief. we might still get lowe (not sure how i feel about that though). overall i'd still take the sox lineup any day over the yanks.....for the past 10 years the yanks have made superstar lineups - how has that worked out for them? gotta build a TEAM.
    I even like CC. Always thought he was a good overall guy. Even now that he's a Yankee I still like the guy. But no way he's going to get it done in that enviroment. I completely agree with your theory on him. He's a bad injury waiting to happen. Especially the way he got overworked with a team that knew they weren't going to have him next year anyway. So they used him as much as possible. Then look at his performance once the Brewers got into the playoffs. I won't even comment on Burnett. You're right on the money. As far as Lowe goes, eventhough the Sox committed to Brad Penny for only a year, I'm shaky about Wakefield. I think Lowe would be a good addition and be a solid #3 guy this go-around. They didn't get Tex, but oh well. Would have been nice but I'm not dissapointed in their current lineup.
    12-29-08 11:52 AM
    Every single time I've met someone from New York, it doesn't take the person not more than 5 seconds to announce that he/she is from New York.
    Same here. It's not they are from New York, It's the fact they try to act like a hoodie....
    12-29-08 12:33 PM
    I've always been a Yanks hater....M's fan Then about 3 years ago a guy I went to high school and played football with got traded to them and is one of their middle relievers so I like to see him pitch well and the Yanks lose...so I'm kinda torn lol.
    12-29-08 11:18 PM
    I even like CC. Always thought he was a good overall guy. Even now that he's a Yankee I still like the guy. But no way he's going to get it done in that enviroment. I completely agree with your theory on him. He's a bad injury waiting to happen. Especially the way he got overworked with a team that knew they weren't going to have him next year anyway. So they used him as much as possible. Then look at his performance once the Brewers got into the playoffs. I won't even comment on Burnett. You're right on the money. As far as Lowe goes, eventhough the Sox committed to Brad Penny for only a year, I'm shaky about Wakefield. I think Lowe would be a good addition and be a solid #3 guy this go-around. They didn't get Tex, but oh well. Would have been nice but I'm not dissapointed in their current lineup.

here's why i like wakefield....more often than not the guy will go seven or eight innings. he is a great relief for our bullpen. and most importantly he performs consisitently year after year. he's no super star but for the money he's paid the sox get alot of bang for their buck. brad penny - no one saw that coming....for a number 4 or 5 guy i guess it's not all that bad. i'd still like to see bucholz come into his own but i guess only time will tell.
    12-30-08 07:30 AM
    The Red Sox are the same as the Yankees nowadays.
    Screw 'em both.

Go small market Twins!!!
    01-04-09 12:53 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD