Pros: Yes it is! I got my email this morning and ill be able to watch Netflix on my PS3 by tomorrow!

Cons: Need the Netflix Disc to stream movies until Netflix can come up with a PS3 Browser Plug-in to stream without it.

Who's excited!? I am!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-09 02:00 PM
    Me too. The disc thing sucks but I knew it would/will just be temporary.
    11-10-09 02:06 PM
    I'm thinking this might make a great Christmas present to myself

11-10-09 02:37 PM
    Blu Ray player, streaming Netflix and an excellent gaming platform... definitely a good gift.
    11-10-09 02:40 PM
    **** yes! Who needs an Xbox now? I'll be glad to take the PSN for free thank you! Especially when XBox live is $50 a year? Forget it. Netflix is such a great add on, which means that I can stream my favorites for $8 a month! I think they also mentioned that a plug in should be ready by 1st Qtr next year on the PS3 so that the need for the disc wont be necessary.
    11-10-09 03:55 PM
    Anyword if this works in Canada?

11-10-09 04:24 PM
    Does Netflix get to Canada?

I got my disk today, and so far so good. Steaming is flawless! This is a nice alternative when I'm using my PC and PS3, I can use either or. I love it!
    11-12-09 06:48 PM
    Netflix, the online movie rental service, recently advertised they had shipped over 1 billion movies to subscribers. Well, it seems the company wants to give their customers direct - and faster - access to their huge library of titles.
    11-12-09 10:22 PM
    What do you mean when you say you use the disc to stream? Isn't that the exact opposite of streaming?

11-13-09 03:17 AM
    The streaming program (for the moment) is saved on the disc so it's required to run the Netflix program. Netflix and Sony both stated the disc was only temporary.

Think of it like a disc that has every instant que movie on it. Still alot more convenient than 1 movie per disc...
    11-13-09 07:07 AM
    Nice. This had been one of the main reasons I was considering getting an xbox... Now I'm not so sure which to try.

I love the idea of my whole netflix queue being readily available on the tv
    11-13-09 07:16 AM
    Don't get an Xbox, I'm begging you. I went thru 5 of them before Microsoft tried to start charging me to fix them. They practically blamed me for their product's crappy quality. And of all the people I know who own an Xbox (probably about 25 people) only 1 person still has their original Xbox and it works fine.

I swore I would never buy another Microsoft product again.
    11-13-09 07:22 AM
    Unreal that bad? I've heard woes on it but was hoping they were all about gone by now .
    11-13-09 07:55 AM
    Xbox system fail rate is 51%.

Playstation is at 11%.

Might want to double check those numbers, I heard those figures a while ago.

I'm not saying the Playstation is perfect, their multiplayer network needs some work. But IMO it's the lesser of 2 evils by far.
    11-13-09 08:07 AM
    For other systems you can use playon PlayOn Digital Media Server | MediaMall Technologies

I use this on my Wii and like it quite a bit. Only thing is you have to have the software on your desktop and keep that on to make it work..but other than that it's sweet!
    11-13-09 09:11 AM
    The disk idea is nice. You que up your stuff, and watch. Streaming has no lag time, its beautiful. PS3 and Netflix is a dream come true, but I can't wait for a plug in.

I know that some people recommend linux, but PS3 Slim isn't capable of doing it. And some people don't even have a PC other than use their PS3 for gaming. So this is convenient, especially when you can que your movies right from your BlackBerry
    11-13-09 10:51 AM
    You are all banned for not PM-ing me about this as it became avaiable!

I will go home and hug my PS3 for becoming even more valuable now!
    11-13-09 11:39 AM
    It's beta right now, you better contact Sony about getting your disc missy!

I don't know where you go to sign up, my roommate got our disc.
    11-13-09 12:05 PM
    Just ordered the disc from Netflix! *shrieking with excitement!*
    11-13-09 12:20 PM
    *jumping up and down yelling* WEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!
    11-13-09 12:22 PM
    Does the disk feature it's own netflix interface or does it just let you essentially stream from the web site?

The 360's interface for netflix seems really cool. I was curious if they did anything comparable.
    11-13-09 05:22 PM
    The netflix interface is simple. It loads all your saved qued movies, ready to watch.

The only thing it shows. So queing your movies can be done on your browser, and watching them is done from the disk.

11-13-09 09:44 PM
    It's awesome! I got my disc in yesterday and watched movies last night. Easy setup and no-hassle streaming. LOVING IT!!!

Thanks to OP for the tip!
    11-17-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD