Is it an excel spreadsheet or Docs to Go? Q10 and PB will have Docs to Go. I think the Docs to Go format is compatible with .xlsx. PC has to have some software that can open spreadsheet files or at least a viewer.

https://sheet.zoho.com/excelviewer
    Thanks grape. Not thinking that's going to work. The problem is when trying to open it from the email there is an error. Yes if it WOULD download I could use that to read it if the PC wasn't capable of reading it.
    10-29-14 04:09 PM
    Hey Personbodys : What are your thoughts on the HP Pavilion 10 Touchsmart 10-e020ca Notebook PC - my old dionosaur Pc is doing a quick death and I'm thinking of getting this delivered from HP Canada tomorrow?
    Last edited by castoridae; 10-29-14 at 10:45 PM.
    10-29-14 06:06 PM
    Thanks grape. Not thinking that's going to work. The problem is when trying to open it from the email there is an error. Yes if it WOULD download I could use that to read it if the PC wasn't capable of reading it.
    You can't save the attachment to the PC? Usually if you right click the attachment it will bring up a "save as" dialog box instead of trying to open it and save it. Is it really big? That is weird. Do you have a OneDrive (Skydrive) account? Maybe you can upload it to your public folder with the Q10. Then open it with the Excel Online web app (boxes in upper left corner) or download to PC.
    10-29-14 07:01 PM
    I think it should be OK. It may be a little small (only a 10" screen and it will be a small keyboard) but that will make it more portable. If you want to add a larger keyboard and mouse, it will have to be USB wireless as there is no Bluetooth. It has HDMI out and maybe Miracast (you should ask HP before you buy) to mirror on a HDTV. It has a full size HDMI port instead of the PB microHDMI. Miracast would let you do it wirelessly. It is not particularly fast with the AMD dual core processor. You may need more than 2 mb RAM. Check with HP if you can add another 2 mb later (e.g. expandable RAM).

2-in-1's are similar to this notebook. With those, you can detach the keyboard and use it as a tablet. You will probably be touching the screen a lot with the Windows 8.1 and reaching over the keyboard maybe awkward. Make sure you can return it if you don'r like it.
    10-29-14 07:40 PM
    You can't save the attachment to the PC? Usually if you right click the attachment it will bring up a "save as" dialog box instead of trying to open it and save it. Is it really big? That is weird. Do you have a OneDrive (Skydrive) account? Maybe you can upload it to your public folder with the Q10. Then open it with the Excel Online web app (boxes in upper left corner) or download to PC.
    I figured it out. Step 1: I went and purchased a Windows 8.1 table, set down and spent 6 hours redoing the 37 page excel spread sheet and sent it as an email attachment and something strange happened. It sent! Step 2: throw the Playbook in the trash. Step 3: problem solved. Step 4: tell you this Windows table sucks.
    Cynycl, Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    10-29-14 08:20 PM
    S_O_M sgot noes times for us, see eh? Playin wit his Passporty fingy all days long, see eh?
    An I iz playin wif my Z10 - lurkin tho.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-29-14 09:59 PM
    I figured it out. Step 1: I went and purchased a Windows 8.1 table, set down and spent 6 hours redoing the 37 page excel spread sheet and sent it as an email attachment and something strange happened. It sent! Step 2: throw the Playbook in the trash. Step 3: problem solved. Step 4: tell you this Windows table sucks.
    Duck's adventures Nevers end wellz
    10-29-14 10:27 PM
    Wait a sec! If'n you could attach the excel to email on dat table thingy, why didn't it work on the playbook?? Personbodys is always emailing me excel files and since I lie on my couch all day, I iz openin dat email and downloadin dem excel sheets all on my playbook and savin dem on dat playbook. An resending dem if'n I wants to??
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-29-14 10:43 PM
    So kin some personbody now please let me know if'n dis here HP Pavilion 10 Touchsmart 10-e020ca Notebook PC for $349 or $379 is a good deal ?? Is it any good?
    10-29-14 10:49 PM
    Duck's adventures Nevers end wellz
    Yeah, I like frustrations but it's starting to where thin. Did I mention very thin?
    10-30-14 06:44 AM
    So kin some personbody now please let me know if'n dis here HP Pavilion 10 Touchsmart 10-e020ca Notebook PC for $349 or $379 is a good deal ?? Is it any good?
    Here an unboxing. I personally am not liking the Windows 8.1 but what are you going to do.
    10-30-14 06:59 AM
    Hey Personbodys : What are your thoughts on the HP Pavilion 10 Touchsmart 10-e020ca Notebook PC - my old dionosaur Pc is doing a quick death and I'm thinking of getting this delivered from HP Canada tomorrow?
    For notebooks, the HP and Toshiba were named one of the best performing/dollar cost.
    As to windows "ate", I would try to stick with Windows Seben, you can still get machine from Dell with Win 7 factory.....imho
    Cynycl and castoridae like this.
    10-30-14 08:36 AM
    For notebooks, the HP and Toshiba were named one of the best performing/dollar cost.
    As to windows "ate", I would try to stick with Windows Seben, you can still get machine from Dell with Win 7 factory.....imho
    Ok, pls telll me what's the problem with windows 8.1 - which is apparently was this laptop has.
    10-30-14 08:45 AM
    Alot of people have had issues with Win 8 connecting to some peripherals (Praybook includest). It will be a holey new learning curve. I turned back a "high -end" notebook last year (after trying to get used to the GUI for 13 days), just because of Win 8. I was at the returns line at da local BB, and when the Rep. asked me why I was returning the unit, I said "Windows 8, it was a "load of ploppers", and he said, "well, we have classes right here for windows 8, " and he pointed over to a group of about 5/6 people (in the whole range of ages, from young n'eer do wells, to hipsters) being "schooled" on Windows 8. I told him " Youse just proved my point"........

Now, MS is trying to "repackage" Win 8.xxx, to make it more user freindly to the Win xp/7 crowd (including the IT guys in most companies, they have been very reluctant to adopt Win 8......
    castoridae likes this.
    10-30-14 08:52 AM
    They can run it in decktop mode which makes it like windows 7.
    Carl Estes and castoridae like this.
    10-30-14 09:01 AM
    Forgetted 'bouts dat....

Hey, Beaver, (or anybody else in da zoos), I now have 2 PB charging docxs, 1 rapid charger, and Otterbocks, and a couple of misc kases, fo da Praybook. No longer in use (due to a deaf of my beloved Number 1 Praybook.) You want? I gives to youse GRATIS......
    dphjeff, castoridae and Cynycl like this.
    10-30-14 09:07 AM
    Ok, pls telll me what's the problem with windows 8.1 - which is apparently was this laptop has.
    I haven't had much time to play wif it but will say this, the mail tile is a third-party app and haven't found compose email in it. Doesn't Sync worth a crap. Every time you move around things open or that stupid charm bar comes out. I just need more time with it I guess.
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    10-30-14 09:23 AM
    Bestus Byes has "klasses" for dat......
    castoridae and Cynycl like this.
    10-30-14 09:27 AM
    Bestus Byes has "klasses" for dat......
    So do youstube.
    Carl Estes, castoridae and Cynycl like this.
    10-30-14 09:33 AM
    Forgetted 'bouts dat....

Hey, Beaver, (or anybody else in da zoos), I now have 2 PB charging docxs, 1 rapid charger, and Otterbocks, and a couple of misc kases, fo da Praybook. No longer in use (due to a deaf of my beloved Number 1 Praybook.) You want? I gives to youse GRATIS......
    Absolutely! I iz gonna PM you my address. Den I sends you somefin nice dat yah needs one day
    10-30-14 09:51 AM
    I haven't had much time to play wif it but will say this, the mail tile is a third-party app and haven't found compose email in it. Doesn't Sync worth a crap. Every time you move around things open or that stupid charm bar comes out. I just need more time with it I guess.
    Wots you got, see eh? A Surface lick S_O_M, see eh?

8.1s better than 8.0. I boot right into desktop mode. I spend 20% of the time in Modern interface, just in the email app. The swipings weird. Sumtimes I go up lick da PB but I sposed to go down. Split screen is nice. Nice that they put X to close on the Modern apps.
    Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    10-30-14 09:54 AM
    Absolutely! I iz gonna PM you my address. Den I sends you somefin nice dat yah needs one day
    Alls youse needz to does is when receiveded, just send a check, (not a cheque, or Kanadiun Kuarters (dey looks like, but no wourks like), or da bacunz effer) for das chipping charges, that be all iz needededz......
    10-30-14 09:58 AM
    Yeah, I was thinking that it was going to be a long learning curve, but its the same with my Z10. I still cannot figure out how to save phone numbers on the sim card. The Z10 loaded all my facebook friends into contacts. That is just pointless, un,ess you're between 13 and 30 years old. Very few of my facebook friends are people I need to actally phone, so the sim card is very important to me. I posted the question on the Z10 thread, but what they said didn't work. It seems that it shows some sim names I entered, but not all and when I re-enter those names and phone numbers, it says 'you already have this addy on your sim! Maybe I should just cut and paste this bi*ch session into the Z10 thread?
    Anyway, I figured its time for me to evolve with the new technology, so I'm taking these great leaps!
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-30-14 10:16 AM
    Alls youse needz to does is when receiveded, just send a check, (not a cheque, or Kanadiun Kuarters (dey looks like, but no wourks like), or da bacunz effer) for das chipping charges, that be all iz needededz......
    How bout Kanajun Tire money
    Carl Estes likes this.
    10-30-14 10:19 AM
    How bout Kanajun Tire money
    Whats iz dis tink youse speaks of "Kanajun Tire money"?????
    OOOs, I justices googlied it, and fur somes reezunz, it looks worse dan da Kanaduim kuarterz...........

PMz returnzed....
    castoridae likes this.
    10-30-14 10:28 AM
11,462 ... 240241242243244 ...