It's called "Self-Preservation"........
    Mickle kane eh? Greet flim see.......we is the self preservative sosiety we is....i luvs it I does?

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 12:00 PM
    Mickle kane eh? Greet flim see.......we is the self preservative sosiety we is....i luvs it I does?

Posted via CB10
    too munch chinise food too see? loads auf msg kan elp yuz preserf like king tut see?
    09-16-14 12:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    The original, yes, the remake, no.....
    09-16-14 12:06 PM
    Morning Kid, thanks, now I have some reading material here at work. I still want to try this, last time I was about to on the "Better Halfs" Sero, but she "caught" me afore I could get started. She actually caught me plugging in her tab, and asked what was I doing with it. So, like a man who does not want the need a food taster, or someone to start my truck in the morning before I go to work, I tolds her da troof. So youse can imagine (probably with good accuracy) the conversation that tooked place. So I found another Sero Pro on the interwebs for 60 buck refurbed for "experiments".......... If I can get my crup together, I may go for it this weekend.....

c
    We'll we now know who wears the scales in your househo.......
    09-16-14 01:02 PM
    I had to post that quick.........the wife almost caught me typin that
    09-16-14 01:03 PM
    You have to get root with the Clock Work Mod (CWM) root and recovery (the youtube link I sent ya before) and then install a selinux CWM recovery. The selinux is needed for all kiddie Kat ROMs.

I used the CWM recovery an not the phil file that is in that dopa file post. Worked just fine. You also want the tablet spoof so Gogglie thinks that Sero is a Nexus for da play stores. Don't forget you need to install a gpapps file as well after the new Dopa to get gogglies play services.

Den pour many fingers of da Mac and enjoy. Better yet.........tell the lil misses to pour it and make it snappy.

oh chit I got to go.........
    09-16-14 01:08 PM
    Cheatin on yuz wif eh? No milk fur yuz!

Posted via CB10
    09-16-14 01:18 PM
    The missus showin' her "scales"??????
    Thanks for the process, been reading xda forum and such.......

c
    09-16-14 01:20 PM
    I do whatever the h3ll I want ................................. when I'm ready to sleep on the couch.
    09-16-14 01:24 PM
    You have to get root with the Clock Work Mod (CWM) root and recovery (the youtube link I sent ya before) and then install a selinux CWM recovery. The selinux is needed for all kiddie Kat ROMs.

I used the CWM recovery an not the phil file that is in that dopa file post. Worked just fine. You also want the tablet spoof so Gogglie thinks that Sero is a Nexus for da play stores. Don't forget you need to install a gpapps file as well after the new Dopa to get gogglies play services.

Den pour many fingers of da Mac and enjoy. Better yet.........tell the lil misses to pour it and make it snappy.

oh chit I got to go.........
    Can you cast (Chromecast or Miracast) with the Sero with KitKat? Trying to figure out if it is hardware or software activated. I've got a Nexus 7 2012 with KitKat and it has the cast feature but nothing happens. The Nexus 7 2013 that I picked up casts no problem. Even to WiDi.
    09-16-14 01:38 PM
    I think that that is the limiting factor? And I hope to try this in the next couple of days. There was some update to either the Chromeycastie, or to Kit KAt 4.4.????? that does enable the mirroring of the tabs screen to da big screen......hence the need to roots da Hisense for this.....

c
    09-16-14 01:43 PM
    Can you cast (Chromecast or Miracast) with the Sero with KitKat? Trying to figure out if it is hardware or software activated. I've got a Nexus 7 2012 with KitKat and it has the cast feature but nothing happens. The Nexus 7 2013 that I picked up casts no problem. Even to WiDi.
    Not sure if the Nexus 2012 was one of the devices supported by Google for this function with their update. If you have the device rooted there is a work around app

[EXPERIMENTAL] Enable Mirroring from any device - XDA Forums

I confirmed it worked for the Sero with the new dopa 2.5 but it's not perfect. I had to enable both the mirroring function and force close fix function. It works fine but when you disconnect it reboots the Sero. Also if not mirroring, but the app is enabled, it consumes too many resources and causes issues with other apps using the play services. So when not in use I disable the app settings and it's all good.

Not an ideal solution but it works.
    09-16-14 02:02 PM
    Nope the 2012 Nexus is not supported by google currently

https://support.google.com/chromecas...59461?hl=en-CA

see the supported device list if is doesn't open automatically on this page.
    09-16-14 02:04 PM
    Otay Baby, The way I understands this is as follows:

4. You need the CWM Mod for access and permissions (root) to the "current" os.
    b. you need the sero7pro-aosp444-v2.51.zip file for the "updated os (kitties Katz).
    2. You needs the Gapps for da googliues app store (and you can decide which one to install) How duz I know which one to installs????
    z. And the "spoof" file for giving full access to da playstore (taking out country limits)??
    and finally:
    A. A bockle of da Mac (regardless of whatever happens to da Hisense Sero Pro)........

c
    09-16-14 02:06 PM
    Nope the 2012 Nexus is not supported by google currently

https://support.google.com/chromecas...59461?hl=en-CA

see the supported device list if is doesn't open automatically on this page.
    Yeah, noonebodies been able to do it but I never saw why. I'm not rooted on either device as Google's pushed 4.4.4 to both of them. I've got lots of adapters, the Chromecast, a Belkin Miracast, and Netgear WiDi. To cast to the Netgear with the Nexus 2013, I've just got to go through the Display settings. The 2012 doesn't pick up any connectable displays. So I guess it must be a hardware limitation in the wifi chip? Didn't they say the PB can do it if it had BB10? That's why I thought it was a software thingy.
    09-16-14 02:18 PM
    Otay Baby, The way I understands this is as follows:

4. You need the CWM Mod for access and permissions (root) to the "current" os.
    b. you need the sero7pro-aosp444-v2.51.zip file for the "updated os (kitties Katz).
    2. You needs the Gapps for da googliues app store (and you can decide which one to install) How duz I know which one to installs????
    z. And the "spoof" file for giving full access to da playstore (taking out country limits)??
    and finally:
    A. A bockle of da Mac (regardless of whatever happens to da Hisense Sero Pro)........

c
    Well you need to root and then install a recovery (CWM). The all in one program on the youtube link will do both in one step. Then the CWM recovery allows you to wipe the device, install new roms, format the sd card etc.

Den da dopa rom for awesomeness

The selinux recovery is needed to flash the kitty kats roms.

The gpapps slim is good enuf I expect, it's what I installed and everything is working fine.

https://s.basketbuild.com/filedl/dev...901-signed.zip

spoof file for getting around the "this app is not compatible with your device" nonsense

you should get two bottles. Better safe than sober
    09-16-14 02:22 PM
    Yeah, noonebodies been able to do it but I never saw why. I'm not rooted on either device as Google's pushed 4.4.4 to both of them. I've got lots of adapters, the Chromecast, a Belkin Miracast, and Netgear WiDi. To cast to the Netgear with the Nexus 2013, I've just got to go through the Display settings. The 2012 doesn't pick up any connectable displays. So I guess it must be a hardware limitation in the wifi chip? Didn't they say the PB can do it if it had BB10? That's why I thought it was a software thingy.
    It's definitely software if root and the app makes it work. The sero is not supported either so this was the only way to get it functional.

Root that unit........lots of great Roms with awesome features and performance tweaks. What have you got to lose. XDA has everything your little grape heart....... or seed requires.
    09-16-14 02:25 PM
    It's definitely software if root and the app makes it work. The sero is not supported either so this was the only way to get it functional.

Root that unit........lots of great Roms with awesome features and performance tweaks. What have you got to lose. XDA has everything your little grape heart....... or seed requires.
    Yeah, I should root but spend all my time here. LOL. I even got a cheap Asus Tablet Win 8.1 to WiDi to the Big Screen. Haha, I refuse to give the Cable Co. $10/mo to rent a HD box so I spend millions trying to work around.
    09-16-14 02:33 PM
    Yeah, I should root but spend all my time here. LOL. I even got a cheap Asus Tablet Win 8.1 to WiDi to the Big Screen. Haha, I refuse to give the Cable Co. $10/mo to rent a HD box so I spend millions trying to work around.
    Ben der dun dat............but now my budget is only a half milliion since I ceased vestin in Rimberry products with no support
    09-16-14 03:07 PM
    OK Kidd,

I rooted and installed the cwm mod, and it now shows as rooted. Next I needs to toss into da wudpilez is da following:

1. sero7pro-aosp444-dopa-v2.51.zip (Kitty Kat os)
    3. sero7pro-nexus7spoof-dopa-v2.51.zip (spoofage for the compatabile device)
    b. can't find the selinex recovery file?
    z. Can't find da Gapps file

This is whatr I was able to find,scroll down a bit and you'll see da files I be I-balling......
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2709243&page=2
    c
    Last edited by Carl Estes; 09-17-14 at 09:55 AM.
    09-17-14 09:37 AM
    OK Kidd,

I rooted and installed the cwm mod, and it now shows as rooted. Next I needs to toss into da wudpilez is da following:

1. sero7pro-aosp444-dopa-v2.51.zip (Kitty Kat os)
    3. sero7pro-nexus7spoof-dopa-v2.51.zip (spoofage for the compatabile device)
    b. can't find the selinex recovery file?
    z. Can't find da Gapps file

This is whatr I was able to find,scroll down a bit and you'll see da files I be I-balling......

c
    gpapps files here >>>>> [GAPPS][4.4.x] OFFICIAL Up-to-Date PA-GOOGLE… | Paranoid Android | XDA Forums

CWM SElinux recovery here >>>>>> [Dev/Rom] Sero 7 Pro taktiK Android 4.4.2 R1… | Android | XDA Forums
    09-17-14 09:57 AM
    everybodies elses must be updatin der Iphones today
    09-17-14 09:58 AM
    09-17-14 09:59 AM
    okays children listen karrryfully see?.

I is as a kandunia gooses jacket that is guaranteed too protekts yous in tempritureses down to -56C ok? Howsever I is findin out sum portant formashun bout thems see that wills elp yous all in future see?

7. They is bein in regions of $1000 each?
    3. They is guaranttesin them to -56C?
    2. They is keepsin yous very warm?

I is then askin myselfs wi I is freezin my nuts off an I is bein srounded by brass monkeys screemin for welders to elps em?

Aha I ear yous say the silly spensive coots don't not work see eh? well yous is rong see an this is were my portant discovery was discoveryedes see?

They is only workin an keepsin yous warm wen yous is haktually weerin em see?

Now given that I is findin myselfs for no reeson faults of mees own temporrarrilly stuck in gods vershin of hell called Goossey Bays see an an yous kud possbilly scribed it as cold! Nows as my coots in Flodira an my bodys in Goossey Bays I is kan onestelly says that:

I IS FROZEN FREEZIN LIKES I IS NEVER FROZEN FREEZERIN BEAN BEEFORES SEE?

I ates that kat I does see?
    09-17-14 10:21 AM
    okays children listen karrryfully see?.

I is as a kandunia gooses jacket that is guaranteed too protekts yous in tempritureses down to -56C ok? Howsever I is findin out sum portant formashun bout thems see that wills elp yous all in future see?

7. They is bein in regions of $1000 each?
    3. They is guaranttesin them to -56C?
    2. They is keepsin yous very warm?

I is then askin myselfs wi I is freezin my nuts off an I is bein srounded by brass monkeys screemin for welders to elps em?

Aha I ear yous say the silly spensive coots don't not work see eh? well yous is rong see an this is were my portant discovery was discoveryedes see?

They is only workin an keepsin yous warm wen yous is haktually weerin em see?

Now given that I is findin myselfs for no reeson faults of mees own temporrarrilly stuck in gods vershin of hell called Goossey Bays see an an yous kud possbilly scribed it as cold! Nows as my coots in Flodira an my bodys in Goossey Bays I is kan onestelly says that:

I IS FROZEN FREEZIN LIKES I IS NEVER FROZEN FREEZERIN BEAN BEEFORES SEE?

I ates that kat I does see?
    yuz iz thin skeen see? i iz kahnudian weez need nose kahnudian goosey to kip us warmy see? weezgotten too much of goosey ere...itz becom pesky see? so weez plukc des feathers n make jakets n pillos n we cell it to forainers lik yuz see?
    09-17-14 10:53 AM
11,462 ... 201202203204205 ...