once upon a time theres middle class see eh? now a days no more...they disappears...nobody is making no money see? so people use to own things and have things see.....nothing change there...except corporation did.....they created the illusion that americans still able to afford things..these things are from china...cheap things that cost zero american dollars to make...all corporations move the labour force out of the country. Because it cost too much to make in america . there's labour law...there's standard to maintain, theres too many red tapes to get things produce in america and its very very expensive....but this corporations still wants to make your money....so they have to sell in volume to make up for the low dollar value.....along the way the standard of living drop in America...essentially you pay what you get. It becomes the way of life to accept low quality because many got no money to complain anymore. It's no accident Wallymart and dollarama is springing up every 200 feet. If that fan from china cost you $50, it's going to cost a heck lot more if its made in America. Perhaps a few people rather pay for quality than quantity( you would have to keep buying if the quality is bad) , unfortunately many could not afford to pay outright or be in debt for a fan see? Many already in debts for larger items. Short of revolutionary change in america political system nothing will change in a foreseeable future....in a very long term perhaps when china , india , indonesia and the rest of the third world country catch up on standard of living equal to industrial countries things will change....but by then i think the human race will be extinct like the dinosaurs......
    08-03-14 06:57 PM
    Must be a made up company name in china - cause Massey is Anglo english, as in Massey Harris that changed to Massey Ferguson - tractors, machine parts,.etc?
    But in the end ya got to blame Wallymart - they're the ones that forced companies out of business by lowering prices so low, it cost them to produce, so work went to.china, india etc.
    Big business as an entity is what will eventually kill the western world.

Well, that's my soapbox for today - BTW: I just bought my 3rd playbook !!
    Even designer name and reputable companies are outsourcing to stay competitive. Even someone who is consciously buying products that are locally produce, it's very difficult to manage on all the products we need in our daily lives.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    08-03-14 07:01 PM
    Must be a made up company name in china - cause Massey is Anglo english, as in Massey Harris that changed to Massey Ferguson - tractors, machine parts,.etc?
    But in the end ya got to blame Wallymart - they're the ones that forced companies out of business by lowering prices so low, it cost them to produce, so work went to.china, india etc.
    Big business as an entity is what will eventually kill the western world.

Well, that's my soapbox for today - BTW: I just bought my 3rd playbook !!
    i just notice you bought your third playbook...if there's one with different color in the wild i might just get another one
    08-03-14 07:05 PM
    once upon a time theres middle class see eh? now a days no more...they disappears...nobody is making no money see? so people use to own things and have things see.....nothing change there...except corporation did.....they created the illusion that americans still able to afford things..these things are from china...cheap things that cost zero american dollars to make...all corporations move the labour force out of the country. Because it cost too much to make in america . there's labour law...there's standard to maintain, theres too many red tapes to get things produce in america and its very very expensive....but this corporations still wants to make your money....so they have to sell in volume to make up for the low dollar value.....along the way the standard of living drop in America...essentially you pay what you get. It becomes the way of life to accept low quality because many got no money to complain anymore. It's no accident Wallymart and dollarama is springing up every 200 feet. If that fan from china cost you $50, it's going to cost a heck lot more if its made in America. Perhaps a few people rather pay for quality than quantity( you would have to keep buying if the quality is bad) , unfortunately many could not afford to pay outright or be in debt for a fan see? Many already in debts for larger items. Short of revolutionary change in america political system nothing will change in a foreseeable future....in a very long term perhaps when china , india , indonesia and the rest of the third world country catch up on standard of living equal to industrial countries things will change....but by then i think the human race will be extinct like the dinosaurs......
    Well cat, it's already starten to happen. American companies are starting to move back to rural US where labor is cheaper. I don't have a problem buying something when your comparing apples to apples, not apples to lemons. I also don't mind paying a higher price for something as long as it's worth buying, the way the market is now most of the produces are crap. Crappy furniture, toys, tools, hardware, phones computers and the list goes on. WITF do consumers put up with it. it's cheap so what if I have to purchase 5 or 6 of the same item. How is the cheaper? This is my falsity pay for it now or your going to pay for it later!
    08-03-14 08:11 PM
    Well cat, it's already starten to happen. American companies are starting to move back to rural US where labor is cheaper. I don't have a problem buying something when your comparing apples to apples, not apples to lemons. I also don't mind paying a higher price for something as long as it's worth buying, the way the market is now most of the produces are crap. Crappy furniture, toys, tools, hardware, phones computers and the list goes on. WITF do consumers put up with it. it's cheap so what if I have to purchase 5 or 6 of the same item. How is the cheaper? This is my falsity pay for it now or your going to pay for it later!
    I saw this in a documentary : somehow, the values of the 60s (love your neighbour, don't make war) got lost in the idea of 'I can do whatever I want' which morphed into me, me, don't care about anybody else. That's when corporations (as a person, legally in the U.S.)started to become psychopaths.
    So Where did the middle class go? Well, when companies started to make money just to make money for shareholders, that's when they started outsourcing jobs to 3rd wrld countries cause its cheaper, so no one in the U.S. has a job anymore, and the middle class dropped to low income jobs and can only afford the cheap junk the companies produce so the shareholders can have more money.
    Not just the U,S,, but the 'western' world is ending. Just like other regimes in the past. Power will now shift once again, probably to China or the Arabic countries cause they have the money now.
    08-03-14 08:37 PM
    i just notice you bought your third playbook...if there's one with different color in the wild i might just get another one
    I would love a Tardis blue one, but sadly, I've never heard of another colour, until that thread, where the woman has a white one.
    I'm just happy that in a couple of weeks, I'll have another playbook !!!!
    08-03-14 08:40 PM
    Yes as i was saying quality over quantity. It is not cheaper rather how much money people have at the time of purchase. Many struggle paycheck to paycheck. They do not have the luxury to pay more at the time. They only have $50 dollars to buy a crappy fan, they cant afford a $200 for a good one. They just have to continue buying a fan that keep breaking down. See how smart the corporations are?They do not want to build quality products that last longer than it's necessary. Those who can afford quality products are not enough to keep the company going or at least keep the shareholders happy. Look at Apple, as American as you can get. All their products are made off shore, they are not cheap either. Besides the innovation in the technology department the other end of the spectrum is the genius bars. Two extreme jobs in terms of pay and benefits with a huge gap in between. That gap goes to China and other third world country. Can Apple afford to shift the job back in America? Sure. Would they do that? Not in the real world we live in. It's the percentage of profits that 99% of corporations will not give up because their priority is not to benefit the citizens of America rather the companies and their shareholders. Morally they have the obligation to give back the very country that they profited from. But good luck waiting for them to volunteer. Kudo to StarBucks that took the initiative recently to actually provide scholarship to all of it's employees who wanted to further their education with no string attach. But that's an exception. I hope you are right that Americans companies are starting to bring the job back to America. You have a dysfunctional government that did nothing but squabble like a bunch of schoolkids for too long. Barely any legislature ever get passed that actually benefit the regular people. The country spend a lot of money into something that has very little to do with improving the life of Americans. Politicians manage to get most people to focus on anything but solving the real issues at hand. It's a giant steamroller moving along that no one can control it's direction.....but i digress.......okay wot were you rambling about? some fan you got from wallymart?
    08-03-14 08:48 PM
    I saw this in a documentary : somehow, the values of the 60s (love your neighbour, don't make war) got lost in the idea of 'I can do whatever I want' which morphed into me, me, don't care about anybody else. That's when corporations (as a person, legally in the U.S.)started to become psychopaths.
    So Where did the middle class go? Well, when companies started to make money just to make money for shareholders, that's when they started outsourcing jobs to 3rd wrld countries cause its cheaper, so no one in the U.S. has a job anymore, and the middle class dropped to low income jobs and can only afford the cheap junk the companies produce so the shareholders can have more money.
    Not just the U,S,, but the 'western' world is ending. Just like other regimes in the past. Power will now shift once again, probably to China or the Arabic countries cause they have the money now.
    The funny thing is industry is built on Henry Fords falsity. Pay an employee a fare wage and he can purchase your products that you produce. I just haven't figured out why a company would produce a produce in a county that isn't going to buy there produces or am I wrong?
    08-03-14 08:49 PM
    The funny thing is industry is built on Henry Fords falsity. Pay an employee a fare wage and he can purchase your products that you produce. I just haven't figured out why a company would produce a produce in a county that isn't going to buy there produces or am I wrong?
    American company doesnt care if china buy their products produce over there. It's the American consumers they care for. Besides what America is selling to China is it's culture. Hollywood, Entertainment business, some innovative technology. Though I fear the science of technology and space is on the decline due to lack of investment and support for many years.......but thats another topic entirely...
    08-03-14 09:09 PM
    You're right, that's how it started, but that logic is now gone. Products are now made solely for the purpose of increasing shareholders earnings. Shareholder earnings used to be a by-product of industry, it has now become the point of industry. That's where everything has got screwed up.
    08-03-14 09:11 PM
    Hmmmm, let me see if I can figure this out? We have people that has gone the college for business and economics, let's break a customer base that purchases our products and make said produces somewhere that there is no customer base? I'm just a dumb redneck. How does that benefit the shareholders in the long term? Sorry I forgetted we life in a now society! F the long term.
    08-03-14 09:42 PM
    Hmmmm, let me see if I can figure this out? We have people that has gone the college for business and economics, let's break a customer base that purchases our products and make said produces somewhere that there is no customer base? I'm just a dumb redneck. How does that benefit the shareholders in the long term? Sorry I forgetted we life in a now society! F the long term.
    There ain't nothin dumb about you darlin; you just hit the nail on the head: they went to school to learn economics, etc and fuc**d everything up, cause they said screw the longterm and everybody but themselves.
    08-03-14 09:56 PM
    There ain't nothin dumb about you darlin; you just hit the nail on the head: they went to school to learn economics, etc and fuc**d everything up, cause they said screw the longterm and everybody but themselves.
    I like you beaver! Do you like beer?
    08-03-14 09:59 PM
    I like you beaver! Do you like beer?
    Of course! - I am Kanajan, remember ?
    08-03-14 10:08 PM
    For someone who claim to be a dumb duck you certainly ask a lot of loaded questions.
    University education is just theory, very little to do with the real world. Shares and real business sometimes are two different things. One is using the other for speculation to make short term money. That's just a lazy answer from me. I'm not the expert in business nor do I understand the whole lot without reading a bunch stuff. If you look at those ceo's not many last more than five years. They are like playing musical chairs going from one company to another. To built their resume. They need to show profit to boost the share price. So the easiest and quickest way is to cut staff and their wages( getting rid of full timers, long term employees with higher wages than the newbies, cutting benefits and so on). These Ceo do not care about the longevity of the company. They do not care beyond their short term tenure. It will always be the next Ceo problem. Think of politicians coming out to take pictures with the babies every four years. they get their sign on bonus and sign off bonus see?

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:12 PM
    For someone who claim to be a dumb duck you certainly ask a lot of loaded questions.
    University education is just theory, very little to do with the real world. Shares and real business sometimes are two different things. One is using the other for speculation to make short term money. That's just a lazy answer from me. I'm not the expert in business nor do I understand the whole lot without reading a bunch stuff. If you look at those ceo's not many last more than five years. They are like playing musical chairs going from one company to another. To built their resume. They need to show profit to boost the share price. So the easiest and quickest way is to cut staff and their wages( getting rid of full timers, long term employees with higher wages than the newbies, cutting benefits and so on). These Ceo do not care about the longevity of the company. They do not care beyond their short term tenure. It will always be the next Ceo problem. Think of politicians coming out to take pictures with the babies every four years. they get their sign on bonus and sign off bonus see?

Posted via CB10
    He'll they get there bonuses even if they run the company in the ground. Thor comes to mind.
    08-03-14 10:28 PM
    He'll they get there bonuses even if they run the company in the ground. Thor comes to mind.
    Yup. They are well protected in the clause. Thor is not the worst example yet. Nice job if you can get it.
    08-03-14 10:38 PM
    Yous lot is made my ed urt see?

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 04:16 AM
    the lots of bokkles see?
    08-04-14 07:01 AM
    Yous lot is made my ed urt see?

Posted via CB10
    If I had a head like that it would hurt me too!
    08-04-14 07:14 AM
    Stupid duckrabbitkatbeaver?
    08-04-14 07:24 AM
    Stupid duckrabbitkatbeaver?
    Do that make me a fustercluck?
    08-04-14 07:28 AM
    fusterquack?
    08-04-14 07:29 AM
    It does is shamesed mees thought that is is the only one ear that kan speek Zulu for gods sake? We're dids yous lot goes to skool eh?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    08-04-14 07:34 AM
    It does is shamesed mees thought that is is the only one ear that kan speek Zulu for gods sake? We're dids yous lot goes to skool eh?
    Not the zoo for sure..

Posted via CB10
    08-04-14 07:43 AM
11,462 ... 140141142143144 ...