You can keep using the XP but Microsoft has said no more updates which may leave you with a security risk.

I am having trouble with Yahoo mail also and am leary of what tbey are doing over there.

The reason I asked about version is that different versions of Microsoft software can have strange peculiarities. Even for the 2002 version there are several variants. If you need aid in checking version see this URL. Also you may be able to get a manual downloaded.

How to determine Outlook version information

I should ask for tbe magical gnomes help because I am having trouble loading an aliaz address into Outlook.com email on my Toshiba 8" windows tablet. First problem is the reference email account uses POP and the second may be that it is used for another Microsoft account I got long ago. And possibly thefe is a forbidden character in the password.
    The internet is filled with yahoo calendar complaints right now. The only fix I've come up with is to open your yahoo mail page and save that page to your tablet desktop. You can access the yahoo calendar that way, at least on the playbk and then I get the appts to remind me a day before to my email. Its close to impossible to edit or enter this way from the PB. For that I had to download the tablet version of that calendar., which is the lamest calendar ever:
    1) it opens on the day you loaded it, not on today - you have to press today to get today.
    2) its in line form, no full month page
    3) you have to jump back & forth from tablet cal to email cal to get any extra details entered.
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    05-28-14 07:57 AM
    My old microsoft outlook I got with the PC around 2004. Its windows XP (of course, cause every person had it - which is why their dumping it and forcing people to get the new one = more money).
    But apparently, we can keep the XP? I've been ignoring posts on it cause I don't use the PC - I do almost everything from the playbooks.
    So it should be simple. SOM created an outlook account for me - I don't know how, but he is magic. I also had an extra outlook that Rogers set up years ago, but it didn't have the calendar my old outlook had (unknown to me until recently). So a couple of weeks ago, I got Rogers to transfer everything to the old microsoft outlook. Now I have a calendar on the PC.
    BTW: None of this was necessary when the yahoo calendar worked with the Playbook, but now all sorts of Blackberry users are complaining.
    I'm just trying to get a calendar that will talk to my playbook calendar, or at least download onto it.
    This should be easy - apparently its not.
    Such is the life of a non parametric user
    Please do some testing so that we can tell where the process is broken.
    1. Create an appt on your PC Outlook.
    2. Connect to the internet with your PC.
    3. Click the "send and receive" in Outlook on the PC.
    4. Open a browser and type outlook.com in the address bar.
    5. Sign in with your credentials.
    6. In the upper left corner, where the Outlook.com is, there is a down pointed arrow head. Click that. Then click the calendar box.
    7. Did it show up there? Yes or No? If No, check out this:
    Sync calendar and contacts using Outlook.com - Slipstick Systems
    8. Open Yahoo calendar. Did it show up there? Yes or No? If No, check out this to sync the calendar part:
    How to Sync Yahoo Contacts and Calendar With MS Outlook
    9. On the PB, swipe down to see the app toolbar. Make sure outlook calendar is checked. Do a refresh. Did it show up there? Yes or No?
    sad_old_man, Carl Estes and Cynycl like this.
    05-28-14 08:19 AM
    The internet is filled with yahoo calendar complaints right now. The only fix I've come up with is to open your yahoo mail page and save that page to your tablet desktop. You can access the yahoo calendar that way, at least on the playbk and then I get the appts to remind me a day before to my email. Its close to impossible to edit or enter this way from the PB. For that I had to download the tablet version of that calendar., which is the lamest calendar ever:
    1) it opens on the day you loaded it, not on today - you have to press today to get today.
    2) its in line form, no full month page
    3) you have to jump back & forth from tablet cal to email cal to get any extra details entered.
    STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP STOP CAUSE YOUS IS DRIVIN MEES TO DRINKS SEE EH?

Oh? I is ready drinkin sea eh? Anyways ok so yous wants to bees diffikultedes eh??

Ok so watch my lips see eh?

Logs into THE YAHOO MAIL ACCOUNT YOU HAVE using YOUR WEB BROWSER SEE?
    Exports your CALENDAR from yous yahoo count see?
    Wen it askedes yous choose .CSV format see eh?
    Logs out of yahoos?
    Logs into yous outlook account using your WEB BROWSER ON THE OUTLOOK.COM SITE?
    Imports yous. CSV file into yous outlook calendar see eh?
    You pb outlook calendar wills updated itself atomically sea eh?

I needs a drink............were's that duck eh I is wantin to shoots sumfin an i is desperation sea eh? Oh an that kat too sea...........oh an the damn grape eh..........the hell wiv it let's bomb everyfin an av done wiv it?
    05-28-14 12:56 PM
    6. In the upper left corner, where the Outlook.com is, there is a down pointed arrow head. Click that. Then click the calendar box.
    8. Open Yahoo calendar. Did it show up there? Yes or No? If No, check out this to sync the calendar part:
    9. On the PB, swipe down to see the app toolbar. Make sure outlook calendar is checked. Do a refresh. Did it show up there? Yes or No?
    Shuddup duck I is bizzy drinkin sea eh?
    05-28-14 12:57 PM

Oh? I is ready drinkin sea eh? Anyways ok so yous wants to bees diffikultedes eh??

I iz spendin last weekend tryin some o dis stuff.
    Sigh, I'll try on Sunday, and post all the messages I get as to why it won't work

Logs out of yahoos?

I needs a drink............were's that duck eh I is wantin to shoots sumfin an i is desperation sea eh? Oh an that kat too sea...........oh an the damn grape eh..........the hell wiv it let's bomb everyfin an av done wiv it?
    05-28-14 02:09 PM

Youse yourselfs not bombed yet?
    Otay, I cheques back in an hours.and thens reads the drunk-inese.......

c
    05-28-14 02:10 PM
    I is not nowin wot that is but just so yous is nowin for future referendum see this is a TAP!

Attachment 274083
    Dats not a tap

A tappie has a keggie attached to it. If no keggie at the udder end youse is starin ats a fawcett and not a Farah fawcett eider

No wonders your yoohoo doesnts have a proper outlook.

I leafs for a few days and youze alls loose focus. Pull yurbsocks ups princessessess
    05-28-14 09:10 PM
    WOT ?
    05-28-14 09:11 PM
    Dats not a tap

A tappie has a keggie attached to it. If no keggie at the udder end youse is starin ats a fawcett and not a Farah fawcett eider

No wonders your yoohoo doesnts have a proper outlook.

I leafs for a few days and youze alls loose focus. Pull yurbsocks ups princessessess
    I is sorry?

Official everyfin' to do with PlayBook hijack thread?-kaz-winery-barrel-tap.jpg
    05-29-14 06:45 AM
    I is sorry?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kaz-winery-barrel-tap.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	274516
    Now we're talking! I can fix that. For ya. Eyes can drink all the booze on your leak will sttop.
    05-29-14 07:39 AM
    Now we're talking! I can fix that. For ya. Eyes can drink all the booze on your leak will sttop.
    I is givin up ear? Plane tikkit is in the post eh? Just rive and fix it?
    Carl Estes, dphjeff and Cynycl like this.
    05-29-14 08:00 AM
    Or yuz can replace the washer see eh?

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes, sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    05-29-14 08:38 AM
    I is givin up ear? Plane tikkit is in the post eh? Just rive and fix it?
    Itt better not be watter comen out of the ttap.
    sad_old_man and Cynycl like this.
    05-29-14 10:13 AM
    Will this Dong do any better than the others already in the office?
    Official everyfin' to do with PlayBook hijack thread?-img_20140529_102051.jpg

Posted via CB10
    sad_old_man, Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    05-29-14 10:35 AM
    Mutter mutter.................
    05-29-14 12:13 PM
    Will this Dong do any better than the others already in the office?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140529_102051.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	274547

Posted via CB10
    No! remember: e-health, Orange, gas plants, and now paying off Ont. Hydro severance for stealing, but never ever forget Orange, Orange, Orange. No!
    Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    05-29-14 01:37 PM

Logs out of yahoos?

Ok, I iz re-posted this yesterday, but did it wrong. I waz going to say:
    I have tried everything already. I will try this and the grape's stuff and every time it gives me an error I'm p0sting it right here!
    But not this weekend, this is soul-destroying
    05-29-14 01:42 PM
    No! remember: e-health, Orange, gas plants, and now paying off Ont. Hydro severance for stealing, but never ever forget Orange, Orange, Orange. No!
    No Dong for you!!
    05-29-14 01:56 PM
    No Dong for you!!
    Ding that Dong dead!!
    05-29-14 04:00 PM
    Ding that Dong dead!!
    Ding dong the witch is dead. Or a version of chocolate cake. Or a reader of this thread. Or:

05-29-14 04:07 PM
    Ding dong the witch is dead. Or a version of chocolate cake. Or a reader of this thread. Or:

Yep, that pretty much sums up that party!
    05-29-14 09:02 PM
    Yep, that pretty much sums up that party!
    PARTY? Where? Eyes likes parties.
    Cynycl, sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    05-29-14 09:31 PM
    PARTY? Where? Eyes likes parties.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=NAIZI3I8j-s
    05-29-14 09:49 PM
    He knows how to party!
    05-29-14 10:02 PM
    you guys need to get out more,,, really, some fresh air & fairways might do yooz some good,,, we could wreak havok here>>> World Golf Tour - Free Online Golf Game - Log In <<< 'cuz quite honestly every time i log in here, i puke a little,,, pm me for my screenname there...
    sad_old_man likes this.
    05-29-14 10:16 PM
11,462 ... 7172737475 ...