Ok, I posted this twice to other CB places and I'm not getting anywhere.
    1) I have outlook email on my PC
    2) I want to put my PC outlook account on my playbook
    here is an answer I just got that may as well be in Martian:
    migrate to outlook.com it is a little bit of work. export you calender upload it to outlook.com export your contacts upload to outlook.com
    set outlook.com to check your yahoo mail.
    delete the rogers account from outlook add the outlook.com account to outlook. add your outlook.com account to the playbook
    done and everything is synced. that is the easiest and most reliable way to do it

So can any personbodies translate this for me?
    for example, 'export your calendar to outlook.com' -- what?? how would I do that - does he mean working from the PC? and what would I do - access the calendar and yell at it to export itself over??
    can someone please turn this cryptic into step by step english please please please
    Your question is a little confusing. You said I have "Outlook email on my PC". Outlook is a software program as well as an email address. So we need to know: Do you have an email account "[email protected]"? I think from the PB forum thread, you have a yahoo.com email account in the PC Outlook (program). Also, you said that you have the yahoo.com account in the PB native email program. So you should be able to send/receive/read yahoo.com email on your PC and PB already? You did mention something about the calendar. Are you really asking how to put the Outlook (PC) calendar on the PB calendar?
    Carl Estes, Cynycl and sad_old_man like this.
    05-07-14 01:45 PM
    Ok, I posted this twice to other CB places and I'm not getting anywhere.
    1) I have outlook email on my PC
    2) I want to put my PC outlook account on my playbook
    here is an answer I just got that may as well be in Martian:
    migrate to outlook.com it is a little bit of work. export you calender upload it to outlook.com export your contacts upload to outlook.com
    set outlook.com to check your yahoo mail.
    delete the rogers account from outlook add the outlook.com account to outlook. add your outlook.com account to the playbook
    done and everything is synced. that is the easiest and most reliable way to do it

So can any personbodies translate this for me?
    for example, 'export your calendar to outlook.com' -- what?? how would I do that - does he mean working from the PC? and what would I do - access the calendar and yell at it to export itself over??
    can someone please turn this cryptic into step by step english please please please
    Is their bein an echo line here see eh?

Now is is a patient in here man sos I is only gonna says this ONCE MORE SEE EH?

Oo is your mail provider? Yahoo, Google, at&t? WHO IS IT?
    (clue! The mail account you have setup on your pc through Microsoft outlook?)

Then set the same account up on your pb see eh?

56. Important to know! (microscope outlook (software mail program) is nothing to do with (Microsoft outlook mail account) see eh?)

05-07-14 01:59 PM
    I is needin a drink see eh? Weres that likkle man wiv the bokkles?
    05-07-14 02:01 PM
    Right hears. I iz emties thems as fast as i kan...........
    *Burp*,,,,,,,,
    c
    05-07-14 02:23 PM
    Nigel is in the UK, Paolo is in Brazil, Hans is in Norway, Viktor is in the Ulraine, Teddy is in Austrailia, the DUCK is in Ohio, the fishing guy is in Flodira, the CAT and BABY are in Canada....
    sad_old_man, Cynycl and Carl Estes like this.
    05-07-14 02:24 PM
    Nigel is in the UK, Paolo is in Brazil, Hans is in Norway, Viktor is in the Ulraine, Teddy is in Austrailia, the DUCK is in Ohio, the fishing guy is in Flodira, the CAT and BABY are in Canada....
    Am not in Ohio! I'm in a drunken State!
    05-07-14 02:29 PM
    Is their bein an echo line here see eh?

Now is is a patient in here man sos I is only gonna says this ONCE MORE SEE EH?

Oo is your mail provider? Yahoo, Google, at&t? WHO IS IT?
    (clue! The mail account you have setup on your pc through Microsoft outlook?)

Then set the same account up on your pb see eh?

56. Important to know! (microscope outlook (software mail program) is nothing to do with (Microsoft outlook mail account) see eh?)

Iz goin to get the orange faces so use yur likkle voices, see eh?
    sad_old_man and Carl Estes like this.
    05-07-14 02:30 PM
    Iz goin to get the orange faces so use yur likkle voices, see eh?
    Ok sorry!
    05-07-14 02:35 PM
    Ok sorry!
    WOT?
    05-07-14 02:45 PM
    Am not in Ohio! I'm in a drunken State!
    I'z hopes to be in a drunken Province shortly. All of a suddens I dont'z feelz like workings.
    05-07-14 02:48 PM
    I'z hopes to be in a drunken Province shortly. All of a suddens I dont'z feelz like workings.
    Nuffen new eh? maybe I will run into you its a small state.
    05-07-14 02:50 PM
    Nuffen new eh? maybe I will run into you its a small state.

Official everyfin' to do with PlayBook hijack thread?-untitled2.png

Official everyfin' to do with PlayBook hijack thread?-untitled.png

How much farther to the Piggly Wiggly?
    05-07-14 02:55 PM
    Your question is a little confusing. You said I have "Outlook email on my PC". Outlook is a software program as well as an email address. So we need to know: Do you have an email account "[email protected]"? I think from the PB forum thread, you have a yahoo.com email account in the PC Outlook (program). Also, you said that you have the yahoo.com account in the PB native email program. So you should be able to send/receive/read yahoo.com email on your PC and PB already? You did mention something about the calendar. Are you really asking how to put the Outlook (PC) calendar on the PB calendar?
    I probably have the outlook software that came with the computer (old microsoft pkg?). Here's the history:
    1) My first IP provider was Bell Canada, so my email account was [email protected], which I accessed on the outlook on the PC (the techs set it up).
    2) I also had a yahoo email that was separate and not connected to the outlook email.
    3) Then I switched IP providers from Bell to Rogers.
    4) The Rogers tech set up the email on my PC again on outlook and I got a new e-address - [email protected]. He was also able to keep my old '@sympatico.ca' emails on the outlook.
    5) Years later I get the playbook. Yahoo looked easiest to use for 2 reasons: (a) Rogers uses yahoo for email and it downloaded into the outlook email, every time I turned on the PC, so basically the same account. (b) I could access my yahoo mail away from my PC, eg. while travelling.
    6) Currently the yahoo calendar is not syncing with many blackberry devices. People have been complaining about this for about 6 months. It is unclear whether this is a Yahoo/Blackberry conflict or a Yahoo/Rogers conflict.
    7) I'm sick of having a calendar that does not sync. I have to enter appts into 4-5 calendars instead of just one place.
    8) My choice to switch to outlook is so that I can once again, have an email program whose calendar works.
    Hope this clarifies the issue. I just want to delete the yahoo email that I ow have on my playbook ([email protected]) and replace it with my outlook (myname@rogers)
    05-07-14 05:24 PM
    Just add an account on the playbook. Same as you did when you added the yahoo account. It will set up calendar, contacts and email automatically
    05-07-14 06:05 PM
    Just add an account on the playbook. Same as you did when you added the yahoo account. It will set up calendar, contacts and email automatically
    Go to the gear icon in the top right and then accounts and add one. You can have multiple accounts if you want. Gmail, hot mail, Facebook, LinkedIn etc

I think you are making this more complicated than it needs to be
    05-07-14 06:08 PM
    Can't understand why can't pick one calendar and use it. But then my calendar hangs on the fridge.
    05-07-14 09:04 PM
    I probably have the outlook software that came with the computer (old microsoft pkg?). Here's the history:
    1) My first IP provider was Bell Canada, so my email account was [email protected], which I accessed on the outlook on the PC (the techs set it up).
    2) I also had a yahoo email that was separate and not connected to the outlook email.
    3) Then I switched IP providers from Bell to Rogers.
    4) The Rogers tech set up the email on my PC again on outlook and I got a new e-address - [email protected]. He was also able to keep my old '@sympatico.ca' emails on the outlook.
    5) Years later I get the playbook. Yahoo looked easiest to use for 2 reasons: (a) Rogers uses yahoo for email and it downloaded into the outlook email, every time I turned on the PC, so basically the same account. (b) I could access my yahoo mail away from my PC, eg. while travelling.
    6) Currently the yahoo calendar is not syncing with many blackberry devices. People have been complaining about this for about 6 months. It is unclear whether this is a Yahoo/Blackberry conflict or a Yahoo/Rogers conflict.
    7) I'm sick of having a calendar that does not sync. I have to enter appts into 4-5 calendars instead of just one place.
    8) My choice to switch to outlook is so that I can once again, have an email program whose calendar works.
    Hope this clarifies the issue. I just want to delete the yahoo email that I ow have on my playbook ([email protected]) and replace it with my outlook (myname@rogers)
    THANK YOU!

It's not you it's Yahoo. They be goin through a badest time see an i has same problems. I is wiv BT and they used to use Yahoofor their mail provider but they have now setup their own mail server see eh?

Set yourself up an [email protected] account and add it to your pb accounts, it's a lot more reliable and less hassle. If your past calendar history is important then just drop a CSV file from your pc calendar and import it into your outlook calendar see eh? My advice would also be to setup your new [email protected] account on your pc and then they will all sync together. I think the free version of Microsoft outlook mail allows you to have up to ten accounts setup at any one time. I have sixteen so I know it works see eh?
    05-08-14 06:35 AM
    THANK YOU!

It's not you it's Yahoo. They be goin through a badest time see an i has same problems. I is wiv BT and they used to use Yahoofor their mail provider but they have now setup their own mail server see eh?

Set yourself up an [email protected] account and add it to your pb accounts, it's a lot more reliable and less hassle. If your past calendar history is important then just drop a CSV file from your pc calendar and import it into your outlook calendar see eh? My advice would also be to setup your new [email protected] account on your pc and then they will all sync together. I think the free version of Microsoft outlook mail allows you to have up to ten accounts setup at any one time. I have sixteen so I know it works see eh?
    What is a CSV file? Can you please tell me?
    05-08-14 06:54 AM
    What is a CSV file? Can you please tell me?
    It's a very nise file see eh?
    05-08-14 07:04 AM
    It's a very nise file see eh?
    I. Bet it is. But what is it?
    05-08-14 07:07 AM
    I. Bet it is. But what is it?
    It's is a likkle file not like the ones you use on your toenails or sharpens youse nives wiv. It a nise likkle file that contains lots of likkle nise bits of data and is usefully for movin these nise likkle bits of data from one programs to nuvver programs see eh?
    05-08-14 07:14 AM
    Or to puts it simply, comma.separated.values file see eh?
    05-08-14 07:15 AM
    It's tellin the program the field length and where the next field startsed see eh?
    05-08-14 07:16 AM
    Oh never mind eh?
    05-08-14 07:17 AM
    Oh never mind eh?
    Oh. Thanks for the explanation.
    05-08-14 07:23 AM
11,462 ... 4950515253 ...