Its pretty apparent that most, if not all of us own Blackberrys. But here's a question: How many of you own a BMW?

I drive a 2003 325i. The only color I would ever buy a car in is black. On the inside, the interiors black. Well and, its soon to have black wheels.

By the way, does anyone have any tips on getting cheaper insurance? Ill go ahead and say it: I'm 16 and my insurance company is RAPING me.

PS: Don't worry, mommy & daddy didn't buy it for me -- and no the bank doesn't own it. I do. (I say this because on every forum, some ***** is always quick to the gun. You would be surprised to know how many people berate me for being 16 & owning a BMW. I worked long and hard to get this car, and I have a lot of pride. No one can, or will ever, take that from me.)

Share your buying and selling experience as well if you have any.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-08 07:33 PM
    As I was reading the part where it said you were 16 I automatically thought "spoiled". But then I kept on reading haha. Well if your 16 and bought a 325i with your own money..drug dealer for sure! Haha jokes. I'm actually leasing the 325i coupe at the moment and it drives like a champ..

09-09-08 10:33 PM
    I just also bought a 325ci. I luff her.

09-09-08 10:36 PM
    I'm looking into the 128i trying to hold out until I find a nice CPO'd with the right mileage options and color. I'm currently driving MY2005 STi stg 2 KTR Tuned 304/289. Only thing that I am worried about is losing those 2 drive wheels in the winter. Anybody in a snowy region have experience with rwd bmw traction?

09-09-08 11:06 PM
    I'm thinking of purchasing a BMW 335i in the near future.

09-10-08 01:00 AM
    I have a black 335i coupe. I tinted all the windows really dark and have the bmw logo instead of the front license plate.

09-10-08 02:59 AM
    Btw, BMW and Blackberry's bluetooth compatibility is awesome. Definitely recommend the bluetooth option for BMW.

09-10-08 03:01 AM
    Cool, I gotta check how well that works.
    09-10-08 03:07 AM
    I live in Washington and it snows quite a bit. I have found that the RWD SUCKS BMW's are definitely the ultimate driving machines, but I do not recommend driving in the snow unless you have an X3 or 5.

Haha I'm certainly not a drug dealer. I've worked for the past two summers, and used a small portion of an accident injury settlement. It feels good being 16 & owning a BMW. Its 100% paid off, as well!

To whoever was checking out the 1 series, I've seen a few around town and they look great. The headlights/from bumper look a little weird to me, but I'm sure after awhile you'd get used to it.

09-10-08 11:20 AM
    I live in Washington and it snows quite a bit. I have found that the RWD SUCKS BMW's are definitely the ultimate driving machines, but I do not recommend driving in the snow unless you have an X3 or 5.

Haha I'm certainly not a drug dealer. I've worked for the past two summers, and used a small portion of an accident injury settlement. It feels good being 16 & owning a BMW. Its 100% paid off, as well!

To whoever was checking out the 1 series, I've seen a few around town and they look great. The headlights/from bumper look a little weird to me, but I'm sure after awhile you'd get used to it.

Lucky you, I still have to drive a dirty mustang lol I need to get me a Bimmer fast.

09-10-08 12:22 PM
    I don't have a beamer; I have an 'O6 Audi A4. I was looking at the 3-series when shopping around; but felt the A4 was a better deal for what I got.

Btw, LilBlackk...not only should you be grateful that you're driving a car that's paid off; but especially when that car's a beamer that's paid off. Also, be grateful that you could pay the car off because you probably don't have the added responsibility of paying a mortgage, water/electric/gas bills, home insurance, cable/internet bills and so on. And I'm not even mentioning the cost of children (especially since I don't have any) or being 142K in student loan debt :-).

The Audi was a present to myself after graduating law school..in hindsight; I should have kept my old Maxima around longer...wouldn't have to worry about paying off BOTH my student loans and car. It's ok, it's all manageable...plus; my lead-foot puts my guilty pleasure to full use :-).
    09-10-08 12:58 PM
    Well, as you can see, my username, I had an M5 I recently Sold and am waiting for my new one. My favorite car of all time. I've had Porsche Turbos and M3s but nothing performs like my M5's have. Love it. my wife has a 530I sport with the Aero kit and all the goodies. Here's some pics.

BMW's rule.
    09-10-08 10:43 PM
    I was also looking at Audi A4's before purchasing my 325i. I got a GREAT deal. Bought it for $19,500 with 25k miles on it. In addition it came with a 2-year maintenance package. My parents were hesitant at first, but I talked them into it. They basically feel "it's your car, so you take care of it".

M5Manny: What year is your new M5? I think when I turn 18, I'm going to shoot for a M3.

09-10-08 11:16 PM
    The one I Sold was a 2001 with Dinan S2 modifications. Had 475 HP and was insane fast. The new one will be a 2009 October production. Should arrive here in November. The new one has 507 HP and then I'll get Dinan to modify it again. I'll be happy with 550 HP. In the meantime I drive my daily driver Toyota 4Runner V8 sport. Love this truck. Besides, we need one in NJ with the winters we have and not to mention neither of our BMWs go in the snow.

Enjoy your car, they're special cars that envoke special feelings when you drive them.

Manny

09-11-08 08:24 AM
    I owned (key word) a 325ci with everything but the coffee maker! However -the one thing no one warned me about was the maintenance once the warranty expires...a word of warning...keep your warranty.

Ended up paying over $600 to replace brake pads...

Needless to say the Bimmer left a few months later - after having it for only a year.
    09-11-08 08:33 AM
    The maintenance is VERY expensive. I plan on extending my maintenance package ASAP. The stealership thinks because you can afford the car, you can afford the ridiculous maintenance. However, that's not the case.

Manny: Wow, you must feel like a King. If you don't mind me asking, what was the price tag on your 2009 M5. I understand if that's personal. You HAVE to post pictures when you get it. Please and thank you!

09-11-08 10:56 AM
    I'm thinking about adding a chip to my Audi's engine...apparently it adds 45 horses. The chip costs about $500; think it's worth it? If anyone's familiar with these chip-sets; I think the brand for this one is John Wolf(e) technologies. Then again, I'm not 100% sure about the exact name...just recanting what my friend was telling me about the chip.

09-11-08 11:06 AM
    My new M5 will be $97K plus tax and stuff. I will definitely post pics when I get it.
    A reprogram of the DME or"chipping a car" is a very effective way to gain some horsepower but at the sacrifice of fuel and low end power. By that I mean, they take power from somewhere in the curve and add it somewhere else. Depending on your Aud, if it's a turbo model, you will definitely feel the gain in HP. But you will also feel the added fuel consumption. I don't drive my M5 everyday so I don't care. In factory form, it only averages 13 MPG anyway, if I loose some more MPG, it doesn't matter.
    Be aware that if your car is under warrenty and you reprogram the DME, your dealer will not honor any claims of engine malfunction.

Manny

09-11-08 11:45 AM
    I'm excited for you Manny. I might only be 16, but BMW's are the only cars I've ever considered. Audi was close, but something kept pulling me towards the BMW. Congratulations on the purchase.

BMW's ARE the ultimate diving machine!

09-12-08 10:31 AM
    Thanks for the well wishes. They are awsome cars. You too should be proud to own one at such a young age.

Manny.

09-12-08 10:45 AM
    I honestly can't see myself driving anything else. I've driven probably 15 different cars before, and the BMW is the only one I own. Those cars that I've driven before include: 2006 Volvo S60 Turbo, 2007 Audi A4, 2008 Nissan Maxima, 2005 VW Beetle, 2000 BMW 325i etc. I don't think I could pick a different car. To me, its a sense of status & accomplishment.

Do you have pictures of your current M5 and or your wifes Bimme? Please do post.

09-12-08 12:06 PM
    Go to the first page. My first post. I attached pics of our cars.

09-12-08 12:36 PM
    Awsome...I'll check it out.

09-12-08 02:04 PM
    I own a Vette but lust for a 6-series. What a rocketship.
    09-13-08 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD