02-03-17 07:53 PM
60 123
tools
    Maybe coworker sent email as having a "record".

So many times it is easier and faster to verbally ask a question, yet people love email as they think they need to cover themselves, and them proving they sent the message puts them in the clear.

Yeah- good times for all in the office.

 Classic
    07-21-15 09:18 AM
    Maybe coworker sent email as having a "record".

So many times it is easier and faster to verbally ask a question, yet people love email as they think they need to cover themselves, and them proving they sent the message puts them in the clear.

Yeah- good times for all in the office.

 Classic
    Nah. It would be questions like "Are you working on the quote for so and so?", "Have you heard if we get to leave early?", or "I'm going to lunch late today.". Nothing that he needs to cover his hiney about.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    07-21-15 11:39 AM
    A classic and well known example of corporate hypocrisy; up until 2000 Disney male (and I assume female) Castmembers (employees) weren't allowed to have mustaches, even though Walt Disney wore one.

On the obsession of email, my estimating co-worker and I shared an office so small we sat just 3-4 feet apart. If we extended our arms they would touch. Instead of looking up and asking me a question he would send me a email. I would just look up and answer his question. I would then get a email from him "Thanks". Who was working with? Harpo Marx?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport.
    Was that for anti-pedo reasons?
    Which Disney characters had mustaches? Makes sense to not allow mustaches on characters that never had them... Unless these are the characters in big costumes with plastic heads, then that is just ridiculous.

Maybe it was a 1 mustache company?

Unless you're on the phone, or needed something to cover his *** if something went wrong, that's overboard. I'm always leery of someone calling me when they could have emailed me to avoid written proof of conversation.

That being said, I have one dev who I cannot hear from 4ft away and prefer email/chat instead.

When people have to say "what?" many times and leans into you, wouldn't you increase your volume? Not this guy.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-15 04:05 PM
    Was that for anti-pedo reasons?
    Which Disney characters had mustaches? Makes sense to not allow mustaches on characters that never had them... Unless these are the characters in big costumes with plastic heads, then that is just ridiculous.

Maybe it was a 1 mustache company?

Unless you're on the phone, or needed something to cover his *** if something went wrong, that's overboard. I'm always leery of someone calling me when they could have emailed me to avoid written proof of conversation.

That being said, I have one dev who I cannot hear from 4ft away and prefer email/chat instead.

When people have to say "what?" many times and leans into you, wouldn't you increase your volume? Not this guy.

Posted via CB10
    "Castmembers" is Disney speak for any/all employees, not just the ones in Character. Disney had, and in some ways still, some very strict hair and make-up guidelines and restrictions. Castmembers must exude wholesomeness. About 9 years I did go to work at Disney World Epcot Innoventions. I really loved working there, great job, not so great pay, very good benefits. Didn't have a mustache, did have to get the back of my hair trimmed (ok so I'm a old hippie).

Actually I find emailing questions, getting a incomplete answer by email, having to send another email, getting another incomplete or unclear answer...arrgh. Now I just call and with one phone call and less time than it took to read and write all the emails is a lot faster.
    07-21-15 04:20 PM
    IT guy doesn't drive a car. This limits his access to food at the cafeterias, local eateries, etc.

He comes through various departments several times a day looking for snacks. Got donuts leftover from that morning meeting two days ago? He'll finish them. He's the office trash can.
    08-10-15 10:14 AM
    HR just sent this out. It was the IT guys, who was laid off-

Need a new cell phone?*
    Interested in a Samsung Galaxy 6S?
    Enter our raffle to win a Samsung Galaxy S6 - 32G phone!
    (company name) will be raffling off an almost new phone (used only for 3 months) outfitted with a case.* (Value $689).* Includes original box, ear buds (unused still in original package) and a charger.
    You may buy as many raffle tickets as you would like.* We will draw one winner from the group.* Raffle tickets are $5.00 each.* Buy your tickets Thursday, October 29th Wednesday, November 18th.
    Drawing will be held on Thursday, November 19th
    Please see Lori at the front desk to buy tickets.* See Julie if you would like to see the phone, or have questions.* (company name) does not offer any warranty or guarantee on this phone.* Manufacturers warranty only.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    10-29-15 01:22 PM
    I will enter the raffle. Hope to win. Sell the phone at Device Pit Stop, and then buy the used red Passport that is on MN Craigslist.

 Classic 10.3.2.2789
    11-05-15 02:24 PM
    IT guy doesn't drive a car. This limits his access to food at the cafeterias, local eateries, etc.

He comes through various departments several times a day looking for snacks. Got donuts leftover from that morning meeting two days ago? He'll finish them. He's the office trash can.
    We have a guy that works out on the ramp who comes through our office everyday to help himself to whatever we have. He'll even go through grocery bags of food that haven't been put out yet. He'll critique and criticize how unhealthy it is, then helps himself without asking. I can't stand him.

I'm just here to establish an alibi.
    12-17-16 02:01 PM
    Those who print and leave copies on the print, of course when I got to retrieve my copies I have to sort through what's mine and isn't.

Or when the perpetrator comes around the corner and finds you sorting theirs from yours you get the "what are you doing with my paperwork" evil eye.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    02-03-17 07:49 PM
    When your co-worker comes to you saying "don't tell anyone because I haven't told anyone..." when you've overheard him/her tell the same thing they are now telling you, that your other co-workers already mentioned.

 Passport SQW100-1/ 10.3.1.2876, Q10 SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576, Classic SQC100-4/ 10.3.2.2836 
    02-03-17 07:53 PM
60 123