Hey Guys,

Was contemplating we should maybe try and better organize the Off Topic Forums by getting a bunch of sub-categories in here. Will take a ton of work to re-categorize existing threads into the new subforums once made, but all in all would probably make it a lot better for browsing through here.

Some initial thoughts are:

- Sports
    - Politics
    - Celebrity Talk/Gossip
    - Gaming
    - Member Banter
    - Automobiles

Let us know if it's a good idea, and if so, list your thoughts/ideas on this thread. Thanks!!
    04-17-09 10:24 PM
    I like the idea might make it easier to find the topics your interested in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-09 10:33 PM
    Yeah sounds like a good plan. That way we can discuss other things here. You might also want to add a music section.
    04-17-09 11:00 PM
    actually, personally, i like it the way it is.. its easy to find the interesting threads, all in one spot, and that way the not so interesting threads just kinda die.. the way it is now keeps the first page FULL of the really good threads.. i would just think that if it was split up into sub-forums it would be harder to navigate to find all of your favorite threads in OT. just my opinion.. thanks!
    04-18-09 12:51 AM
    actually, personally, i like it the way it is.. its easy to find the interesting threads, all in one spot, and that way the not so interesting threads just kinda die.. the way it is now keeps the first page FULL of the really good threads.. i would just think that if it was split up into sub-forums it would be harder to navigate to find all of your favorite threads in OT. just my opinion.. thanks!
    That's why there is a subscribe option. Subscribe to the thread and you won't have to search for it.

I think this is a great idea. The OT forum could use a little organization.

04-18-09 01:30 AM
    That's why there is a subscribe option. Subscribe to the thread and you won't have to search for it.

I think this is a great idea. The OT forum could use a little organization.

i am subscibed to a THOUSAND THREADS. its like looking for a needle in a stack of needles.
    04-18-09 01:36 AM
    kk...good thoughts here. keep them coming. won't act on this immediately, but soon. will let this thread live a bit before we proceed so more people have a chance to see it and offer their opinions.
    04-18-09 09:06 AM
    I have mixed feelings about this idea. A little organization would be nice but I do like the current setup.

04-18-09 05:03 PM
    While I respectfully admire the idea, I think it's better to keep the Off-Topic the way it is. Sub-categories begin to get too confusing.

Plus you'll have people posting things where they shouldn't be posted.

I honestly think it's fine the way it is.

04-18-09 09:05 PM
    Nice in concept, but call me old school (everyone else does), I like things just the way they are. There's already enough confusion with the social crossing over with the general off-topic.
    04-18-09 09:15 PM
    Subforums might be good if administrators are aware of a certain demographic that does not post!
    For example, if teens are uncomfortable then a subforum might be beneficial to them.

However, catagorising people is social engineering and not unlike catagorising products. It is equated with divide and conquer and it might cause animosity between newly created "member types".

Redeamable value �0.000000000001

04-18-09 09:35 PM
    I like it the way it is. I find lots of interesting stuff this way, that I probably wouldn't search for otherwise.

04-18-09 11:45 PM
    I like Off-Topic just the way it is, the idea sounds great, but I am very content with how it is all jumbled together!
    04-19-09 02:14 AM
    I wouldn't mind a member banter forum and maybe a political forum. Rousing debates do pop up from time to time, haha.

04-19-09 03:22 PM
    Terrible idea.
    04-20-09 06:35 PM
    great idea, you should also add a "barsky's lounge" where you have to have x amount of post to view/post/reply in the sub-topic but it would be alot less watched by the admin.....
    04-21-09 03:49 PM
    First things i thought of were:

Console gaming
    sports
    computer gaming
    automotive
    04-21-09 06:44 PM
    I like the initial proposed topics AND the addition of music. I also think there should still be a catchall too, like Zany, or Off Off Topic, Or Barsky's Lounge (Who's Barsky???), or SOME other just general or free for all, Maybe call it Free For All. I think you get the picture.
    04-21-09 11:22 PM
    I thought I already had a "Barsky's Lounge".
    04-21-09 11:24 PM
    I like the initial proposed topics AND the addition of music. I also think there should still be a catchall too, like Zany, or Off Off Topic, Or Barsky's Lounge (Who's Barsky???) , or SOME other just general or free for all, Maybe call it Free For All. I think you get the picture.
    It was the first thing to come to mind. Our German Auto Club's forum has a "Barsky's Lounge", it's a highly less mod'd (watched) section of our forum, that anything and every can be discussed with getting a slap on the hand.
    04-22-09 03:50 PM
    It was the first thing to come to mind. Our German Auto Club's forum has a "Barsky's Lounge", it's a highly less mod'd (watched) section of our forum, that anything and every can be discussed with getting a slap on the hand.
    Ok that's what I was thinking. Maybe we can call it Crackberry After Hours?
    04-22-09 06:48 PM
    Gosh darn! I'm telling you guys, I've already set it up a month ago yesterday!

04-22-09 06:51 PM
    A War forum would be good too, where people can just go and fight with each other and complain all they want. About politics, religion, mcdonalds vs. burger king, anything.
    04-22-09 06:59 PM
    A War forum would be good too, where people can just go and fight with each other and complain all they want. About politics, religion, mcdonalds vs. burger king, anything.
    That would fall into Barsky's Lounge

04-22-09 08:25 PM
    That would fall into Barsky's Lounge

you make this barskys lounge or whatever sound like just a general chat area, like the off topic section now, just with less strict rules. Im talking a war forum where you go to purposefully discuss and defend your topics or dissuade someone elses
    04-23-09 09:16 PM
112 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD