Didn't they use "OG" in Sons of Anarchy for the Redwood originals from time to time?

Posted via CB10
    08-17-15 04:02 PM
    This thread and modern society - stand back and watch it burn.

 Classic
    08-17-15 04:35 PM
    Didn't they use "OG" in Sons of Anarchy for the Redwood originals from time to time?

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if they ever used OG in dialogue but they had patches that meant the same thing, like the First 9 patch that Clay, Piney and founding members wore.

Off topic - OG does not mean original, never did never will-xdexnsd.jpg
    08-17-15 10:21 PM
    Not sure if they ever used OG in dialogue but they had patches that meant the same thing, like the First 9 patch that Clay, Piney and founding members wore.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XDExnsD.jpg 
Views:	277 
Size:	12.7 KB 
ID:	367269
    Thanks. I googled it, and this came up.

SOA Dictionary - Sons of Anarchy

OG - Original Gangster
    - From the camp that "OG" should refer to Original Gangster, and not just Original. That's stupid.
    08-17-15 11:31 PM
    Hilarious conversation.

Anyone looking for strict logic or adherence to convention with regards to slang formation and usage is probably trying too hard.

First time I think I heard the term was in G-Rap out of Cali... Dr Dre and Snoop in Lil Ghetto Boy (Chronic album circa 92?).

I've always known it to refer to "original gangster."

Yes. Carry on.
    08-18-15 12:36 AM
    In this thread: buncha folks who need looser underwear.

Posted via CB10 on Passport
    08-18-15 11:46 PM
    I'd prefer....

OP - Original Prankster... LOL :-)))

Yeah, those were the days. Long gone. Different person now, but jokes and pranks, yeah, as long as it's funny and no one gets hurt... :-)

�   BB10 -- Finger flickin' good... in any form factor!   �
    Last edited by Prem WatsApp; 08-20-15 at 12:13 PM.
    08-20-15 06:50 AM
    Presumably the type of people who attribute new meanings to words (like the three you mentioned) and invent curious new ways of pronouncing existing words are well educated and hold the relevant degrees to educate me on the Queen's English and I can take their linguistic suggestions and reapply them with the warm confidence that I'm helping to better my language and build confidently on the bedrock of it's foundation. I mean, it's not as though we're allowing our language to be shaped by people who wander around in jeans two sizes too big and no belt. Is it?

I'll stand against the tide thanks and watch the clowns do their thing.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    For someone complaining about the adaptation of language, while referencing the Queen's English, you have an obvious run-on sentence. A coordinating conjunction (and, or, for, nor, so, yet, but) should not be used as a means to join countless sentences to form a thought or opinion.

It should come as no surprise to anyone but your Queen's English is a fusion of predominantly Latin and Greek words which the English did not know how to pronounce. Your Queen's English is what, in my Linguistics course, we lovingly refer to as, "The Bastardised Language". Moreover, your Queen's English is continuously reinventing itself, with different versions globally, and will do so long after you're gone. Are you aware of anyone today, not including thespians, speaking your Queen's English in the same manner as they did during the Elizabethean period?
    Perhaps in the future before ranting with your 'the kids today' speech you need to understand languages and slang differ regionally.

Now, Imma throw on my baggy jeans wid no belt n leave!

The Queen's English....the OG English. Lol

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    08-30-15 10:18 AM
    For someone complaining about the adaptation of language, while referencing the Queen's English, you have an obvious run-on sentence. A coordinating conjunction (and, or, for, nor, so, yet, but) should not be used as a means to join countless sentences to form a thought or opinion.

It should come as no surprise to anyone but your Queen's English is a fusion of predominantly Latin and Greek words which the English did not know how to pronounce. Your Queen's English is what, in my Linguistics course, we lovingly refer to as, "The Bastardised Language". Moreover, your Queen's English is continuously reinventing itself, with different versions globally, and will do so long after you're gone. Are you aware of anyone today, not including thespians, speaking your Queen's English in the same manner as they did during the Elizabethean period?
    Perhaps in the future before ranting with your 'the kids today' speech you need to understand languages and slang differ regionally.

Now, Imma throw on my baggy jeans wid no belt n leave!

The Queen's English....the OG English. Lol

They laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at them because they're all the same. 
    *Elizabethan*

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 O2 UK
    08-30-15 11:43 AM
59 123